Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I think both guys are roughly equal in value with those categories. Is it a keeper? Comes down to preference. Makar is the bigger name, but Girard is no slouch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
With Brendan Gallagher on IR for the rest of the fantasy season I'd like to trade him to somebody looking for a cheap keeper next year in HHL. Alright goal scorer, good source of hits and especially shots on goal, he could be yours for $20 next season and kept a year after that. Max Comtois is also available, good source of hits and blocks from a goal scoring forward, $2 next year and can be kept another year after. Would be looking for a center, hopefully a good hitting center, pure rentals are fine.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I'm on a nice run in HHL and gearing up for the playoffs baby

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Well, Bishop being out for the season throws a wrench into my playoff goaltending plans.

Anyone interested in a cheap keeper for next season? He'd be either $9 or $3 to keep (not really sure, since I dropped him and picked him up again at some point this season).

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 14, 2021

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Grubauer's on COVID protocol and my HHL team is now likely done. :rip:

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

mentholmoose posted:

Grubauer's on COVID protocol and my HHL team is now likely done. :rip:

Same :rip:

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

God my LSL team is limping in to the playoffs, and may not even make it. At this point I need a whole bunch of poo poo to go right to hold on to 8th place.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
1st place in LSL after the regular season again. Now let's get another season cancelation that declares me the victor before I flame out in the first round.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Another brag post, my HHL team has been running wild the past few weeks.

EDIT: I'm dumb and didn't realize this is the playoffs now, hellyeah

fawning deference fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Apr 19, 2021

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Connor McDavid's big season was totally wasted in LSL on me and my garbage-rear end draft. :rip:

Honestly, 10th (and juuuust outside of the playoff cutoff thanks to a very strong final week) is significantly better than I thought I'd do, since I hadn't played any fantasy at all for several years. It was a lot of fun still and I look forward to playing again next year when hopefully things aren't so hosed up by COVID.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I missed the playoffs by one point in the Hockiest and I missed the playoffs in the LSL on a tiebreaker.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
the war for four is back on baby

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Ginette Reno posted:

I missed the playoffs by one point in the Hockiest and I missed the playoffs in the LSL on a tiebreaker.

Lmao you were going to take my spot in LSL but your opponent flipped save percentage with Holtby’s performance last night and I barely had the tiebreaker.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Ginette Reno posted:

i personally apologize for picking the week before the postseason to get 1.30/.943 goaltending

finished second in both leagues, although my HHL team is a hilarious paper tiger. if draisaitl isn't scoring, then no one is

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Apr 19, 2021

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

corn on the cop posted:

my HHL team is a hilarious paper tiger. if draisaitl isn't scoring, then no one is

same, except without draisatl

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

Playoffs starting and my goalies are Campbell and Grubauer :rip: :smith:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

mentholmoose posted:

Lmao you were going to take my spot in LSL but your opponent flipped save percentage with Holtby’s performance last night and I barely had the tiebreaker.

I'm Carolina-era Jim Rutherford. I won the championship in the first HHL season but I think since then I've been lovely more often than not.

corn on the cop posted:

i personally apologize for picking the week before the postseason to get 1.30/.943 goaltending

finished second in both leagues, although my HHL team is a hilarious paper tiger. if draisaitl isn't scoring, then no one is

Lol it's fine. My team was bad anyways.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Would be extremely cool for the Florida Panthers to randomly start some kid over Driedger tonight and gently caress with my Panthers goaltending tandem in LSL that has owned bones all year.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Ginette Reno posted:

I'm Carolina-era Jim Rutherford. I won the championship in the first HHL season but I think since then I've been lovely more often than not.

I'm like the Devils. My first four years, I was a powerhouse. I finished 3rd, 5th, 1st, and then 4th, and then have followed that up with 6 terrible years. I have made the playoffs once in those 6 years. No one really remembers that I was a contender.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

I'm pretty sure I named my team "pretty much san jose" a couple seasons back, which still feels right. Mostly solid regular season performances, consistently disastrous postseasons.

It only took a prematurely cancelled season to finally earn my first asterisk.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Apr 21, 2021

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Gobias Ind. posted:

Would be extremely cool for the Florida Panthers to randomly start some kid over Driedger tonight and gently caress with my Panthers goaltending tandem in LSL that has owned bones all year.

I was banking on a Driedger start too.

The "kid" in question is the Panthers' future in nets. I just wish they'd given him a trial run later.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

Hornqvist why :smith:

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

loving hell, I was up 10-3 in HHL on like Friday and unless the Bruins score soon it's gonna be tied.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Another spring, another first round upset. Nature is healing.

In hindsight, relying on the Buffalo Sabres to salvage my season may not have been the best bet.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I'm on such a fun run. Zibanejad is leading me to the promised land

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Lol and now my HHL team is down 4-8. Ah well, always next year (where I will once again lose in the first round of the playoffs.)

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
my HHL team has not scored in two months and is off to the semifinals. always believe in your dreams, kids

in LSL, best wishes to my friend teemu

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

mentholmoose posted:

loving hell, I was up 10-3 in HHL on like Friday and unless the Bruins score soon it's gonna be tied.

I trailed throughout the week. Tied things by the end of Friday night. Took a 14-9 lead after Saturday and, even though I had two fewer skaters available on Sunday (even after maxing out my player transactions on Saturday night), I figured I had enough of a lead in multiple categories to skate into the finals.

But my opponent had a helluva Sunday and flipped a few categories. I wound up holding on for a 12-11 win, but our +/- category was 6 for me and 5 for him. I was hoping like hell there wouldn't be a costly stat correction because if we wound up in a tie, he would have prevailed by virtue of being the 5th-ranked regular-season team compared to my 6th-place finish. As it turns out, I'm officially into the finals by the skin of my teeth!

Gonna need some major luck to pull off a championship though.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I never doubted Pens goaltending boys, never once

e: also Laine was -12 last week alone holy gently caress

genki
Nov 12, 2003
This was a terrible season of fantasy hockey that required way more attention than I had to give. ugh.

Also entertaining any interesting HHL trade offers, for... whatever. I just never make trades, so interested to see what people would be interested in.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

I'd like to thank Jeremy Swayman for carrying me into the semi-finals

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Welp, knocked out of LSL. Thought I had a decent enough team but game postponements and goalies failing me really throw a wrench into winning stat categories, turns out.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Oh yeah, suppose I could make trades in HHL. Anybody want to give me a real solid keeper for Auston Matthews for the finals? And hell, you could probably keep him next year too at like $120-something.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Did they really set it by default that you could make trades in the playoffs? I'd rather not do that to be honest, seems pretty cheesy.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

Did they really set it by default that you could make trades in the playoffs? I'd rather not do that to be honest, seems pretty cheesy.

I agree with this.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Not in that league but agreed 100%. That'd be a hard no from me.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Yeah there's no trade deadline in HHL right now.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
i don't see any issue in non playoff teams trading for next year but yeah if you're still alive that's a little bush league

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Twin Cinema posted:

I'm like the Devils. My first four years, I was a powerhouse. I finished 3rd, 5th, 1st, and then 4th, and then have followed that up with 6 terrible years. I have made the playoffs once in those 6 years. No one really remembers that I was a contender.

This year I was like I'm gonna get goaltending for real and make sure I have a solid set of goalies. And then I had like Carter Hart and injured Tuukka Rask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I think my keepers next year are going to be Tolvanen, Devon Toews, Toffoli, and Shesterkin, all for something like $18. Fine with that.

I am closing in on going to the championship round, I hope!