Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If your Catholic priest isn't trying to guilt you, he ain't doing his job and you should just get a real man of God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
My dying mother used to use Catholicism as a way of having an external force in her life that hated and punished her (god) now that she doesn't cath anymore she's become paranoid and even a little delusional. I loving hate Catholicism because it was forced on me for most of my young life but god drat I wish she'd go back to having god hate her instead of antifa.

That's my catholic story.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Colonel Cancer posted:

If your Catholic priest isn't trying to guilt you, he ain't doing his job and you should just get a real man of God.
We had our kids baptized because of grandparents insanity and the priests were like "oh it's great to see you all here MAKING SURE YOU'RE ATTENDING CHURCH EVERY SUNDAY INSTEAD OF WATCHING FOOTBALL BECAUSE LESS AND LESS PEOPLE SHOW UP FOR GOD'S WORD"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I loathe when they do that poo poo at funerals and weddings. Both Caths and Protestants. It's gross as hell.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Was raised Catholic extensively and was never guilted or berated about football or had relatives driven insane.
Ya'll got some lovely parishes.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Big Beef City posted:

Was raised Catholic extensively and was never guilted
Why bother being Catholic, then?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Yeah that doesn't sound right. Are you sure you weren't a Cat-holic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Big Beef City posted:

Was raised Catholic extensively and was never guilted or berated about football or had relatives driven insane.
Ya'll got some lovely parishes.

I was never guilted or berated I was just made to do it. I hate all things that I'm made to do. Always.