Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

However, I know quite a few people in my life who are Catholic and despite expressing agnostic beliefs or general indifference, they are pretty loyal to the church. They attend mass at least a couple times a month, and some of them even have kids go to Catholic school. i’ve asked my good friend about this, and for him he goes just because it’s so ingrained in him since childhood he can’t imagine life any other way. It’s just part of life and always will be.
How is this a real thing? It's not the first time I've heard it, but... is it hard to imagine doing whatever you want on Sundays instead of going to church? Or not making your kids get taught things you think aren't true by priests?

I've obviously never had religion, but I truly don't get going through the motions, if you already did the hard part of calling the beliefs you were raised with bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

VinylonUnderground posted:

Practicing religion is neutral to good. Believing in religion is very very bad. The priest and the converting wierdo are ugly because of their belief. People practicing the religion because that is what their family has always done are partaking in something beautiful.
People doing anything because of "their family's" identity is why this thread exists, pal