Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Absorbs Smaller Goons posted:

but is this a common issue/is it even possible/have I been sold a counterfeit kit? AFAIK it has GSKILL seals and foils on the box/kit.

I haven't heard much about counterfeit stuff lately. It's possible but I think it's more likely to be a manufacturing/quality control issue than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Absorbs Smaller Goons posted:

The reason I thought counterfeit at first is that the kit was shipped from China (I know, cliche, and they are literally manufactured there)...

Buying through an unknown private seller in some countries does increase the likelihood of getting something inauthentic. Whether it's an SSD, RAM, flash drive et al.

Flash drives sometimes have fake storage sizes, SSDs sometimes have junky read/write speeds. Lots of odd stuff is being sold out there.

Zogo fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Dec 26, 2020