Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Vasudus posted:

I started up SPT after a friend convinced me it was worthwhile, and holy poo poo is it ever. It's like 85% of my online experience (in that I rarely extract and generally am bad about things) except there's actual loot because there's not any vacuum hacks taking it all. Bunch of tweaks here and there and I don't think I'll be going back to live.

One of us, one of us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Vasudus posted:

I started up SPT after a friend convinced me it was worthwhile, and holy poo poo is it ever. It's like 85% of my online experience (in that I rarely extract and generally am bad about things) except there's actual loot because there's not any vacuum hacks taking it all. Bunch of tweaks here and there and I don't think I'll be going back to live.

This is the way

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
bsg selling 28 lines of stash space for €42 (or €3 a line) now... the age of the macrotransactions are upon us!

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.

Last King posted:

bsg selling 28 lines of stash space for €42 (or €3 a line) now... the age of the macrotransactions are upon us!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

lonter
Oct 12, 2012
More inventory space is a noob trap and only encourages gear fear. There is no (realistic) limit to your roubles so just liquify your bags, vests and guns!

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

lonter posted:

More inventory space is a noob trap and only encourages gear fear. There is no (realistic) limit to your roubles so just liquify your bags, vests and guns!

no I need all of that stuff, it's important to me

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

best use is definitely going to be at the start of a wipe, being able to horde an entire extra starter edition's worth of extra barter goods for immediate sale at level 15

also, I hadn't looked at their payment processor in forever (b/c nothing to buy), the forms of payment accepted are genuinely hilarious - why yes, I would like to purchase extra virtual stash space in EFT with a combination of Dick's Sporting Goods and Bananna Republic funbux

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

lonter posted:

More inventory space means more grabbing quest items before you need them so you can turn in 6 collection quests in a row

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
Does anyone know if loot pools are specific to each map and will two of the same loot pool be identical on a given map?

For example, if Customs and Woods both have an electronic's spawn, can you get the same items from each?

Also, if Reserve has two electronic spawns, will they have the same pool?

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

LGD posted:

best use is definitely going to be at the start of a wipe, being able to horde an entire extra starter edition's worth of extra barter goods for immediate sale at level 15

also, I hadn't looked at their payment processor in forever (b/c nothing to buy), the forms of payment accepted are genuinely hilarious - why yes, I would like to purchase extra virtual stash space in EFT with a combination of Dick's Sporting Goods and Bananna Republic funbux

I paid for EOD using BTC tbh

Vayra
Aug 3, 2007
I wanted a big red title but I'm getting a small white one instead.

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

Does anyone know if loot pools are specific to each map and will two of the same loot pool be identical on a given map?

For example, if Customs and Woods both have an electronic's spawn, can you get the same items from each?

As far as I can tell, mostly yes with some caveats: Some specific spots seem to have slightly different pools than normal (I.e. scope shack on woods usually spawns better mods than the tables in usec camp). Ground Zero allegedly has worse loot all around. Military electronics only show up in loose spawns on Reserve, most of Lighthouse, Labs, and I think now Streets. Labs has its own stuff you can't get elsewhere but seems to be part of regular electronics pools there.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

I think each "item spawn location" has its own pool. Woods is full of loose med spawns, but you only see ledxs at the table at usec for instance. Its also full of food spawns, but only a handful of them spawn moonshine etc.

And then there's giving shelves/tree on customs which seems to spawn anything.

Also jackets tend to lean towards spawning keys for the map that your on. Dorms will net you customs keys, the knight buildings will meet your reserve keys etc.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
did a scav run on woods and came across a level 44 PMC corpse with a backpack full of these? :confused:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

ROFLburger posted:

did a scav run on woods and came across a level 44 PMC corpse with a backpack full of these? :confused:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

ROFLburger posted:

congrats

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
you're the cheesen one now

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Someone rudely interrupted while levelling vitality

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Bread bag and cheese. I see nothing wrong here.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Are scav runs more likely to run into PMCs on factory than on maps like customs and woods? Spawned in a few times on my scav to try and learn the map and i've been getting killed pretty quickly, not sure if i'm just getting unlucky

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

ROFLburger posted:

Are scav runs more likely to run into PMCs on factory than on maps like customs and woods? Spawned in a few times on my scav to try and learn the map and i've been getting killed pretty quickly, not sure if i'm just getting unlucky

It's very, very tight quarters so by virtue of that alone you're more likely to run into one, yeah. P-scavs don't load into Factory until later so hopefully most PMCs are dead or extracted by then but there's no guarantee.

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021

Arrath posted:

It's very, very tight quarters so by virtue of that alone you're more likely to run into one, yeah. P-scavs don't load into Factory until later so hopefully most PMCs are dead or extracted by then but there's no guarantee.

There has been no PMCs left on Factory, when I do scav runs there.

Related to scav runs, is it just me that thinks that Fence's dailies are impossible or don't make sense? Mine today is to kill 9 scavs with thorax or arms shots from over 50m. Then he'll reward me with 0.04 rep. But if I do that, I'll get -0.9 for being a traitor 9 times. Or do I need to find 9 scav traitors and then kill them from over 50m with thorax shots? That sounds impossible.

Edit: Am I missing that I can do his tasks as a PMC?

Jakosa fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Feb 29, 2024

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Jakosa posted:

Weird, my last handful of factory scav runs have had me zoning in between 11 and 9 minutes left with absolutely insane amounts of automatic fire all around me.

Still manage to escape those perfectly while getting domed from 300 metres away by some unknown chad at 3 minutes left on interchange.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Jakosa posted:

Related to scav runs, is it just me that thinks that Fence's dailies are impossible or don't make sense? Mine today is to kill 9 scavs with thorax or arms shots from over 50m. Then he'll reward me with 0.04 rep. But if I do that, I'll get -0.9 for being a traitor 9 times. Or do I need to find 9 scav traitors and then kill them from over 50m with thorax shots? That sounds impossible.

You're not missing anything. He's even more out of touch than Jaeger.

I've got requests for 12 stims in one raid. 6 optics (not sights, optics) in one raid. Kill 5+ PMC with headshots from over 80m. Just stupid really.

As for Factory, can you even scav into a raid with no PMCs? I think i hear gunshots every Factory raid.

You should spawn with about 10mins on the clock, by which time most PMCs will be thinking of leaving (unless they are farming Scavs), so just chill for another couple of mins. This will leave you with plenty of time to see the whole place.

Also, press F1 (voice line) whenever you hear or see a scav to let them know that you are not a PMC.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
12 stims in one raid is entirely doable

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Herstory Begins Now posted:

12 stims in one raid is entirely doable

As a Scav with no keys? Streets maybe, but I find most stim spawns are looted by the mid-point.

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021
It seems very few of his tasks are doable. I've only managed to do the ones where I have to extract from a specific map a number of times.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer

Jakosa posted:

Raiders and rogues count as scavs for those quests and killing them won't hurt your rep.

Raiders are only on reserve though and they will probably all be dead by the time you load in with a scav.

Rogues on lighthouse are the way to go for those quests, but they usually have decent armor so killing them with a thorax shot can be tough with scav ammo.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
I think Fence quests don't give xp. And the rewards usually just a few hundred euros too, so don't stress about them. Take the easy ones like extract from this map, or find an smg in raid.

The bonus reps nice, but its generally only the equivalent of a couple survives on your scav so it's no difference maker. If you want quick scav rep just go factory between pmc raids and go straight to the exit and sell everything to fence, and you'll make 50-80k for the queue time plus 30 seconds. Spend 5 mins looting factory and it can turn to 200k real quick.

It's no woods/streets money maker, but it's good for the zero time involvement so you can just jump straight back into your pmc. When playing with mates, if I die I'll scav factory while I wait for their raid to finish, and I'll often come out with some pmcs kit so I can just tell my mates to fraud my gear because I'm already kitted for free.

I also chase pmcs on my factory scav to quadruple my rep gain. Killed a 3 man camping the exit recently for a .1 gain instead of the. 01 for just surviving. Did have to kill another player scav though because he came and just started stealing the loot (and I needed his pilgrim for sew it good) Still finished the raid with +.06 or something tho

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Jakosa posted:

It seems very few of his tasks are doable. I've only managed to do the ones where I have to extract from a specific map a number of times.

most of them are doable he just has a 'gently caress you lol' tier of tasks

As a Scav with no keys? Streets maybe, but I find most stim spawns are looted by the mid-point.

Yeah I'd do it on streets, there's like, what, 10 separate unlocked med buildings plus several more places with significant med spawns, plus stims are common in valuables spawns. it's not even that hard, you just are going to be running a bunch.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 1, 2024

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Second on the factory run-through approach. It’s insanely safe too, I’ve died more to other pscav getting spooked when they swing through camera bunker door than I have to PMCs down there.

Once your scav karma gets up there 50-80k is like the baseline. Labs keys, other high value keys, stims, and good barter+gold items are all super common. I like to think of it as a free scav case cooldown that you get at level one.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
you can make 10-20x that with a high survival chance on, like, any of the other maps if you care about your time/making enough money to actually pay for stuff vOv

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
i dont. too busy making dough at the bread factory baby

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM

Psycho Society posted:

i dont. too busy making dough at the bread factory baby

Some of my friends love playing scav because there is no risk and a good chance of reward. I’m so task driven I see it as taking time away from getting stuff done as my pmc character. I’m not too proud to scav i will solo scav occasionally but it’s normally a sprint to the camera exit on factory early wipe or if im low on funds.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Herstory Begins Now posted:

you can make 10-20x that with a high survival chance on, like, any of the other maps if you care about your time/making enough money to actually pay for stuff vOv

that seems like a big waste of time. 5 minute factory scav runs are to pay for your ammo on your next PMC outing.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Jakosa posted:

Servers shut off if there are no active players left, so there has to be at least one PMC remaining for the first pscav to spawn in. Not sure what happens after that though.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
was a couple goobers trying to git all the factory scavs before we could escape. i blasted one of em and the other didn't catch up before i got out

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
rip those goobers were doing the lord's work cleaning up all the pscavs

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021
I love it when insurance works and I get a mail from Prapor with a single magazine in it. Money well spent! :D

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Jakosa posted:

I love it when insurance works and I get a mail from Prapor with a single magazine in it. Money well spent! :D

On the other hand, dressing up an ADAR as some kind of meta M4 and getting it back in insurance when the person who killed me loots it and goes "oh you've gotta be loving kidding me" is one of the finer things in Tarkov life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
After about 25 back to back shoreline runs to get my ledx for private clinic i finally got one and barely escaped. It was in East 226, the room next to the balcony that the fire truck allows you to climb to. Right as I grabbed it i turned around to see through the windows a 3 man climbing onto the balcony. I had no choice but to start blasting them as they came up, and I killed one on the balcony. My duo partner was on 3rd and managed to rush back down to 2nd and take out the one guy that made it inside in the hallway.

The 3rd guy dipped, so we just bolted for car extract, where someone was camping the extract and managed to dome my mate. Unsure if it was the 3rd guy or not as he killed my mate with an ak, and the post raid screen showed i was hit by m80 which neither of the 2 guys we did kill was using.

It was a night raid and the guy never pushed my mates dead body, so I ended up just sneaking to the car and extracting. That minute by the car was anxious as gently caress because the extract camper never showed himself.

Now I have stash space again :)