Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There's an SPT-like co-op option.

https://github.com/stayintarkov/StayInTarkov.Client

I have not personally tried it, but it was floated by my friend. Seemed kinda jank even by Tarkov standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021
I surprised a guy at the start of the raid and dumped a M4 mag of SOST bullets into him. He then proceeded to kill me. I really need to learn to shoot people somewhere other than the body - or get some better ammo.

Jakosa fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Apr 11, 2024

Ignore_Me
Mar 19, 2024

Vasudus posted:

There's an SPT-like co-op option.

https://github.com/stayintarkov/StayInTarkov.Client

I have not personally tried it, but it was floated by my friend. Seemed kinda jank even by Tarkov standards.

Yeah I think that’s the one where if the host dies the raid ends, and the co-op player never gets to keep any actual loot

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Got swarmed by a dozen scavs rounding the corner on me, all at once, on factory night. Guess that's what I get for complaining. Was also lucky as poo poo - two 7.62x39 PS rounds bounced off my metal helmet

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Jakosa posted:

I surprised a guy at the start of the raid and dumped a M4 mag of SOST bullets into him. He then proceeded to kill me. I really need to learn to shoot people somewhere other than the body - or get some better ammo.

Similar issue here. I spray the chest instead of aiming at the head, lots of deaths where I do a bunch of damage but don’t get a kill.

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021
Aiming for the head definitely helps. I was doing a naked run with just a rig and a Glock 17 and two PMCs ran into the room I was looting. I don't know how I won that fight, but I managed to headshot both of them. One was in class 5 armor and class 4 helmet, but AP6.3 did some work.

My first double kill and my highest level kill so far. One of them was level 49.

So yeah - aim for the head.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Just got to level 15 after only 200 raids hell yeah. big boy time

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I'm back on SPT. Guess that's me for the next month..

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021
What do you guys keep in an alpha pouch on raids? I have a key tool, an AFAK, a tourniquet and some painkillers.

I'd love to get space for a CMS kit and the best way is probably to get a larger pouch. Beta is probably the most realistic, but I've never even seen a tank battery.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

The virtex are probably the bigger barrier there if you’re sourcing stuff yourself, tank batteries are pretty common on reserve (albeit getting them out of the map may be an issue since you’re presumably not rocking a RR+paracord)

You can just buy all those items on the flea market though

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021
Tank battery is the only thing I can't buy on the flea market. So that's the hard one for me.

I'll try doing some more Reserve runs.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
if you get red flares on your scav, pop those near exits for a decent chance at a tank battery

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Jakosa posted:

Tank battery is the only thing I can't buy on the flea market. So that's the hard one for me.

you can most definitely list and buy them on the flea market, I keep getting them in my scav case

I currently see 47 listed (some below vendor cost)

search for "battery"

(it's the 6-STEN-140-M military battery)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I'm level 14 and have three tank batteries - two of them I got on lighthouse scav runs hitting up water treatment (as I do every lighthouse scav run). My ridiculous bottleneck is not being able to get medstation 1 because I've legitimately never seen the multivitamins. I have two boss kills dammit how have I never seen some lowly vitamins.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
vitamins are all over streets

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Woods is good for finding in-raid meds and rations at the emercom outpost and the usec camps.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Jakosa posted:

I did so many (maybe 20 PMC and 30-40 scav) Reserve runs looking for one and just gave up. I ended up getting one from the scav case using moonshine/intel.

I just ran some numbers and you can buy the beta container barter items for about 800K-1M which is def worth it.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Woods is good for finding in-raid meds and rations at the emercom outpost and the usec camps.

Yeah these are my primary spots for meds

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021

LGD posted:

you can most definitely list and buy them on the flea market, I keep getting them in my scav case

I currently see 47 listed (some below vendor cost)

search for "battery"

(it's the 6-STEN-140-M military battery)

THANK YOU!

I was searching for "tank battery" and didn't find anything.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Anyone else playing SPT and having issues with being unable to unload mags in raid? I keep getting an error saying the mag is being modified currently and so it can't be interacted with.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Anyone else playing SPT and having issues with being unable to unload mags in raid? I keep getting an error saying the mag is being modified currently and so it can't be interacted with.

I get that error, haven't played yet today but from what I remember from playing yesterday, I can unload the mag but that error pops up when there's only a bullet or two left or something.

I also had to set the chance for air drops to 0 in SVM because the moment the cargo is released my game freezes and locks up. Other than that, enjoying SPT again. Just missing some mods and some QoL features that are no longer in SVM.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I thought maybe it's a mod I have installed, as I didn't notice it till I started added mods.

I've had no issues with Airdrops. But I do sometimes get the game just freeze when trying to buy items from vendors and it just looks like it gets stuck in a kind of "buffering" state.

The mag thing doesn't annoy me to much, but I think it's linked to the other bug where it just locks up when buying items.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

It only applies to adding or removing the final round to/from a mag, and only when the mag is not in your inventory (so corpse, container)

Move the mag to your inventory and you can interact with it like normal.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I would agree with you, but I've had half mags refuse to be interacted with. Literally 15 rounds of AP ammo in that example.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

I would agree with you, but I've had half mags refuse to be interacted with. Literally 15 rounds of AP ammo in that example.

It's not SPT because it happens all the time in normal Tarkov

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Oh, wild. Good to know!

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
I have a weekly to find 300 rounds of 7.62x25mm TT FMJ43, so i need to find PPSH scavs.

Do Scavs have different weapons on each map? Would I find more PPSHs on Factory/GZ and more SKS on Woods/Shoreline?

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Arrath posted:

Oh, wild. Good to know!

It's good to know it's the base game though, I guess there was something else causing that bug I had where it just buffered rather than purchasing stuff from vendors.

I only played the online game for a week or so during the wipe and I didn't see it then.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Apparently "softcore" is a really fun/alternative way to play so I think I'm gonna restart and give that a go. Anyone else tried it?

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
What's involved?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Apparently "softcore" is a really fun/alternative way to play so I think I'm gonna restart and give that a go. Anyone else tried it?

Yeah I love softcore and I never play without it.

Aexo posted:

What's involved?

Among others I am sure I am forgetting:
General QoL increases like making all cases bigger, removing backpack restrictions, much increased stash size, much faster hideout build/craft times.
Lots of new crafts, rebalanced recipes for existing crafts.
Secure case rebalance (size increase across the board, you start with the fanny pack at 3x2. You can craft the alpha, beta and gamma at workbench level 1, 2, 3 respectively for a pretty hefty input cost) Kappa is through the Collector quest and requires you turn in two Gammas.
'Pacifist' flea, so no guns or armor etc on the flea, you gotta find your guns.
In addition, only a handful of any given item is available on the flea for cash, instead you'll trade barter items to buy off of the flea so stuff those junk boxes full. Like, there might be 3-5 bolts on sale on the flea at any given time, but several dozen up for various barter trades that are pegged to 80%-150% of the bolts value, for example.
No selling on the flea.
Insurance rebalance: Prapor is instant, 50% return. Therapist is 2 hours, 80% return chance.

So it changes the game from "source everything from the flea for money" to "embrace your loot goblin as even lighters have barter value" and I love it. Also basically every change it makes is configurable. Want to sell or the flea again? Change the option. Want guns on the flea? Change the option.

Arrath fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Apr 15, 2024

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
Accidentally put two ophthalmoscopes up for 100K Euros, not Ruble, and *poof* bye bye 20M rubles

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

I've only gotten got for a half mil due to a typo this wipe (which is very much "whatever"), but they really should make you confirm anything over around that mark in cumulative transaction fees (imposing an extra click for blue folders or red keys isn't particularly onerous)

just list your stuff in roubles though

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The rules I set for myself (via SVM and other mods) for my 3.7.6 SPT run was:

5x skill xp gain (because I am not doing the MMO-style grind for things)
No flea market at all
Keys unbreakable
Flea (the vendor) sells about 25% more items overall
A special vendor for the gunsmith prefab guns (set to double the price)
No secure space restrictions
EoD start (because I own EoD) but I made one kit out of it and deleted everything else

edit: oh and no insurance. At all. Both traders set to 0% return.

It was really fun, I made it to a few quests before Kappa before burning out. When Questing Bots updates for SPT 3.8 I'm going to do another run with these rules.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I die too much for no insurance.

I want the gunsmith vendor too. It's not updated yet though I don't think.

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021
I finally found a LEDX and made it out alive with it, so I could turn it in to Therapist for the Private Clinic task.

That gives a THICC item case as a reward and I was not prepared for how much that can hold. My stash was so full of all kinds of junk before and now there's so much space.

Until I fill it up again, ofc :D

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021
I don't understand why some people carry two large caliber rifles at the same time. I guess they could have picked one up, but I've just seen one guy with an RD-704 and an SR-25. And another with a 7.62 MDR and a low ergo M4.

Maybe they're just bad and that's why I - who am also bad - manage to kill them with my measly MP9. With AP6.3 ammo, that gun *shreds*. Especially, the MP9-N.

I feel like I'm beginning to get the hang of the game. I'm not as scared of PMC fights as I used to be and I'm also winning more.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Jakosa posted:

I don't understand why some people carry two large caliber rifles at the same time. I guess they could have picked one up, but I've just seen one guy with an RD-704 and an SR-25. And another with a 7.62 MDR and a low ergo M4.

Maybe they're just bad and that's why I - who am also bad - manage to kill them with my measly MP9. With AP6.3 ammo, that gun *shreds*. Especially, the MP9-N.

I feel like I'm beginning to get the hang of the game. I'm not as scared of PMC fights as I used to be and I'm also winning more.

Unless you're killing them in the first few minutes, they have probably killed someone else. The alternative is to insurance fraud your gun and use their's, but they may have poo poo ammo or yours isn't insured or you may just like your gun.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Jakosa posted:

It is effectively late wipe, people have metric fucktons of roubles and will run whatever they feel. An SR-25 and an MP-9 is a really fun kit, additionally with the buffs to the 74u, thats a fantastic secondary atm.

But also, never underestimate how bad and/or terrified the other PMCs will be. People will stand in the middle of a field looting a scav at midday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
yeah there's nothing measly at all about the mp9