Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I always try and run a mid-long range, single shot weapon and something for close encounters. Some flavor of SMG/PDW or a 5-7 or something. Even a ppsh.

MP7/9/etc. all absolutely gently caress when you've got to kill someone right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Vasudus posted:

I always try and run a mid-long range, single shot weapon and something for close encounters. Some flavor of SMG/PDW or a 5-7 or something. Even a ppsh.

MP7/9/etc. all absolutely gently caress when you've got to kill someone right now.

Those high RoF bullet hoses can be absolutely life saving in CQB.

I just got Tarkov'd real hard in SPT. I pulled a Spear out of a marked room and a pile of ammo from an airdrop so I figured it would be fun to try out the new gun, while going after Tarkov shooter steps with my brand new M700.

As luck would have it I came across a big pack of PMC's at the checkpoint on Woods, so I posted up by a rock and took the first one down. Second one turns and I misjudge the drop a little, planting my round into the top edge of his plate. He then returns fire and two-taps me through my face shield from 160m.

I did get my Spear back from insurance but sans suppressor, scope and stock...I think i'm being trolled.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
The number of times I've had guns back from insurance in SPTarkov this week, without the scopes and silencers, I'd swear I'm playing online tbh.

I just got very lucky with the first SCAR I found, stuck the only 60 round drum I have on it and turned a corner down the side of the shopping centre on interchange, heading towards the Powerstation and walked straight into 3 PMCs. I got very lucky as they was all lined up and managed to just spray all 3 down.

Then next game I got one tapped in the face by a scav from about 100m out... Got the gun back, minus the suppressor and scope.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
spt players missing out on the core 14.5 experience of scrutinizing some shitter's entirely mediocre, normal stats to find an imagined smoking gun that they're cheating

imo yalls spt should add cheaters or at least give the pmcbots occasionally really weird stat profiles to scrutinize

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
only time i reported someone, later got a message saying they were banned. @ me when spt can recreate this high

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Herstory Begins Now posted:

spt players missing out on the core 14.5 experience of scrutinizing some shitter's entirely mediocre, normal stats to find an imagined smoking gun that they're cheating

imo yalls spt should add cheaters or at least give the pmcbots occasionally really weird stat profiles to scrutinize

SR streak too high? Cheater.
Killed me with less hours played than me? Cheater.
Not enough scav raids? Cheater.
KDR too high? Cheater.
KDR too low? Believe it or not, Cheater.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
it's like the cheating equivalent of redditors who'd see some 160lb guy who looks like he's been working out for 4 months deadlifting 265 and they'd work themselves into a frenzy that he must be using steroids because no amount of progress is possible without steroids, clearly, obviously

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
You can set a chance for some gigachad PMC with near instant reflexes and godlike aim. Or put in a chance for exfil campers. It ain’t much but it’s honest work.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
oh their ingame performance is utterly irrelevant, the game now is squinting at a stat screen until you can turn a completely boring profile into obvious evidence that someone is cheating, like one of those seeing-eye puzzles

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

ehhh, for all the false hackusations I really appreciate the added info from the stat screen, which provides good context to your deaths - i.e. was I killed by a 5000 hour chad or a timmy who froze in a lucky spot and got a good shot off? or letting you know that the reason you got stomped in a gunfight through bushes was because your opponent was running a REAP-IR

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

oh their ingame performance is utterly irrelevant, the game now is squinting at a stat screen until you can turn a completely boring profile into obvious evidence that someone is cheating, like one of those seeing-eye puzzles

Did you get banned for cheating

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Lol sometimes tarkov content appears in my twitter feed and it's usually a picture of an unremarkable stat profile thats just captioned with 'lol... ok' or something like that

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

LGD posted:

ehhh, for all the false hackusations I really appreciate the added info from the stat screen, which provides good context to your deaths - i.e. was I killed by a 5000 hour chad or a timmy who froze in a lucky spot and got a good shot off? or letting you know that the reason you got stomped in a gunfight through bushes was because your opponent was running a REAP-IR

Yeah the info is unambiguously good and I'm glad they added it even if the endless profile csi stuff gets dumb as hell. I see some very good players just refuse to even click profiles after they die because they actually find it counterproductive and I get it. There's just too much overlap in stats between good player, bad player, lucky bad player, player good at killing ai, and closet cheater that trying to actually read into it too much is just a waste of energy and time. Personally I find recording my deaths gives way more useful information.

Umbreon posted:

Did you get banned for cheating

huh?

you're living under a rock if you aren't aware of the tarkov community's current fixation on obsessing over stats. like 1/4 of the tarkov reddit is just people posting screenshots of the stats of people who killed them and for every 300kd level 45 guy with a 100 hour account in a killa helmet there's 10 utterly middle of the road people posted. god help u if you ever see a tarkov streamer pull up someone's stats on a stream

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
whats a tarkov community. play the game or don't ya goofball

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021
It doesn't happen very often, but it's so confusing when you exit a nice, chill loot run where you think you only killed scavs and you see a PMC on your kill list.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

that was me you jerk :argh:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
bsg added a pve co-op mode

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021

Eastbound Spider posted:

that was me you jerk :argh:

If you were doing Setup, then it's enough to be dressed as a scav. You don't need to run around like a headless chicken scav too.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

bsg added a pve co-op mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riMtnvodmMo

Huh. They did.

... am I insane enough to actually convince my friends to play this?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
it's going to be expensive af unless they already have eod presumably

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021

it's going to be expensive af unless they already have eod presumably

The comments on the announcement on Twitter are going ballistic, because apparently it's not included in EOD.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
It is kinda annoying that they've gone cash grab and made something on top of the already expensive EOD account. It's clearly cause of the time and money they've spent on arena and it being such a huge loving flop.

They need to recover their cash reserves I guess, but they could have done it as a standalone DLC type thing for £10 or something and people would have loved it.

How much is the new version? Do we know yet? It may send more people towards SPT tbh.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The "buy poo poo" page is in maintenance mode so we probably won't know for a bit.

My guess is $150 USD.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

LMAO I WAS WRONG IT'S $250 USD

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
That's just loving dumb.

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021
That's pretty insane. I don't know who they think are the target group for this.

I might be weird but P2W stuff that makes the game easier is not something I see going well with what type of game Tarkov is. I didn't buy this game because I wanted something easy. I bought it because I wanted something hard that would challenge me. I'm actually happy that I just got the standard edition of the game so my traders start at 0.00 loyalty and I have my little alpha pouch and I have to work to get something better.

Someone mentioned that they wanted servers that implemented the 'hardcore' ruleset. That would make the game even harder and I might actually consider that, if they made it. But not at $250.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I was hoping it'd be a case of like, I spend another forty bucks and then I can host a PvE co-op persistent world where my friends could buy the cheapo version and join in, but no, Nikita's krokodil fund ran out and this is the plan to replenish it.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

This is one of the most naked and shameless cash grabs I’ve ever seen. Wonder if they are gonna end of service the game in the next couple years.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Considering this game started out as a cash grab using Unity asset store models and poo poo, and there are new games hitting the market soon (and currently landing in the laps of content creators for NDA-free testing) in the form of realism-focused PvPvE extraction shooters...

I give EFT another three years. There's a 50/50 chance that Gray Zone eats its lunch when it finally hits public in a year or so.

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021

Tarkov posted:

Unique radio-electronic item "Mark of The Unheard":
The item is equipped in the special slot;
The item gives a 50% discount when using cash services in raids;
Insured equipment returns 30% faster;
With 6+ Fence reputation, Scavs won’t shoot first at ranges over 60 meters away.
This is probably the worst thing in the Unheard edition, imo. 60m is pretty far, but still.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Kazinsal posted:

Considering this game started out as a cash grab using Unity asset store models and poo poo, and there are new games hitting the market soon (and currently landing in the laps of content creators for NDA-free testing) in the form of realism-focused PvPvE extraction shooters...

I give EFT another three years. There's a 50/50 chance that Gray Zone eats its lunch when it finally hits public in a year or so.

Yeah, I fully expect Gray Zone to take a huge chunk of Tarkovs playerbase tbh

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Even with EoD it's a big ask:

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021

Kikas posted:

Even with EoD it's a big ask:

They ask for €198 for an upgrade from the standard edition but with payment fees and Danish VAT it ends up over €250.

It looks like their payment fee is 4%. So a new player would need to pay 250 * 1.04 * 1.25 = €325 for the Unheard Edition :D

Jakosa fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Apr 25, 2024

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

This game's gonna fuckin die a hilarious death lmao

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Well, it's about time Nikita learnt his lesson tbh...

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

lmfao $250

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Man I used to think all the people playing SPT were dweebs who were just scared of getting owned in the game about getting owned but now I kind of just want to download it out of principal as a “lol gently caress you im not spending another $100 for this poo poo”

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Fuckin' yikes, lol

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

causticBeet posted:

Man I used to think all the people playing SPT were dweebs who were just scared of getting owned in the game about getting owned but now I kind of just want to download it out of principal as a “lol gently caress you im not spending another $100 for this poo poo”

A think a lot of us just don't have time for online Tarkov. The wait times etc and the hassle involved with cheaters. It's not about avoiding real people, it's just a better use of time.

And mods are great tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Even from a money making perspective it's silly. You could've got an influx of people who don't like PvP if you'd packaged the pve co-op version as a normal priced game.

I'll never understand why they thought making Arena was a good idea but choices like this explain a lot.