Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.

Kazinsal posted:

$380 after tax in canada

anyone defending this poo poo needs to remove their tongue from nikita's fartbox

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

bro Nikita doesn’t know you exist

plus sanctions and all mean he’s probably not gonna thank you personally anyway

Aexo
May 16, 2007
I don't care about Nikita. These are some wild fantasies yall are havin in here.

Tyler Whitney
Jan 21, 2020

Why don't you make it sing?

You might as well name the game Tsar Shitizen at this point

Raymond T. Racing posted:

plus sanctions and all mean he’s probably not gonna thank you personally anyway

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Aexo posted:

I get that BSG sold EOD as containing all DLC, but this new thing is not DLC. It's literally the same game with the same quests, just with a few different perks that will barely impact those folks who don't purchase it. EOD was already pay2win by the standards of "more rep and bigger secure container and no hideout grind," and yet people still played the game with lesser editions of the game. I don't see how this new edition is any different, to be honest. So I don't find this scummy.

I'm not a BSG bootlicker by any means but I do believe if BSG wants to operate an ongoing game they're gonna have to come with with ways to get money from their players. Back in the days of Overwatch 1 I would buy a massive thing of loot boxes every year because I knew they gotta keep the lights on, and I was planning on dumping hundreds if not thousands more hours into the game. I'm a $1=1hr valuation kinda gamer..if I spend $50 for a game, without any consideration to the gameplay or story or anything else, I want to spend at least 50hrs in the game. I just crossed over 1k hrs in EFT, and most of it is just rotating my crafting poo poo while I'm at work. So even if half those hours were spent actually gaming, I've gotten way more than my money's worth and I want to keep playing so I don't mind kicking them another $100 to let that happen.

Yeah, day one of a new wipe some folks will be running around with a gun that has a high pen/damage bullet or super high rate of fire, but those guns and that ammo is right there for the taking, either from those very players or from looting or NPCs. It's not like you're gonna be running around in T5 armor at the start of wipe, and if you somehow have a way to reliably come into that kind of armor then you realistically have a way to get those kinds of guns and ammo too.

Do you have to carry that item to reap the benefits of the 60m scav agro zone? Aren't there drawbacks to holding it, like losing rep if you take out a scav? There's a tradeoff here, it's not just all sunshine and rainbows once you get 6+ rep. 60m won't matter on the maps where you're indoors frequently. Sure it's nice to know when a sniper scavs is trying to pick someone off from across the map on Customs, but when and how often has that realistically given you any sort of tactical advantage? I'd wager in fewer than .01% of your raids. But that 60m range won't matter for a crabber in dorms getting pushed by scavs.

I'm 99% certain they confirmed the flare for friends to join you is a PvE only mechanic.. probably to help with boss hunting/farming.

More pocket space means more space for you to get loot from your kills. They still have to balance weight, carrying more stuff just means these whales IRL might also be whales in game. Granted two more slots isn't that much, but if that's your argument then two more slots isn't that much in the other direction of the argument too.

Yeah the PvE portion of the game is massive draw for folks tired of cheaters. I'm terrible at this game and players are so unpredictable it's sometimes too much for me to analyze and pick apart the best course of action against an actual human so that's it's draw for me. When I play with one friend 95% of the time when they die they're calling sus on the killer's profile, so it's a draw for them. This will let me play with that friend and not have to hear them complain about cheating. Now it'll be back to the old "they 180d and head-eyes'd me" complaint but at least that's something that can be tuned by BSG.

For whatever it's worth I also don't think Arena is DLC, unless there's a way in which arena ties in to the base game, like getting Arena-specific quests or another vendor or something. They placated folks by giving it to EOD owners after everyone's whinging, and it wound up being a lovely game anyway so nobody cares now, but the playerbase learned that if they complain that BSG might give in to their demands for the perks.

I'm not saying BSG is in the right with this question, but are you aware that Activision/Blizzard charged more for a keychain in Overwatch than they did for an identical keychain IRL? Companies are gonna be greedy, it's in their interests to do so. That said, I don't think what BSG is doing with this edition is greedy. They're just trying to keep their lights on, and employees paid. I enjoy the game for now so for now I think they've earned some more of my money. I don't play Overwatch anymore because of the lovely monetization there. At least in Tarkov I can actually be guaranteed to use what I'm paying for, where in OW it's not always a guarantee you'll get to play the hero you spent $30 for a skin on.

I think this is all ragebait for the content creators to earn clicks and views and in two weeks they'll be back to wiping lobbies of plebs like us and they'll be better off because you went to go see landmark install spt or Forbes is going to echo chamber whatever nonsense everyone else is complaining about and you're just gonna gobble it up, when you just just play the loving game or uninstall it, shut up, and move on. I get this is a discussion forum and I'm not trying to stop the discussion, but the outrage over a company trying to keep their game thriving is truly astonishing. A game can't continue to evolve or even exist with servers if you're not injecting money into it, sorry folks!

Yeah it's a chunk of change, but you're also getting hundreds/thousands of hours of game time. My only complaint with the PvE price tag is it would be difficult to convince a new player to go all in so you could play PvE together. But there's nothing stopping you from getting the base game and trying it out and if you're liking it enough to want to PvE then upgrading. And who knows maybe by the time that decision comes around they'll have a piecemeal option for just PvE mode.

Shut the gently caress up

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Aexo posted:

I get that BSG sold EOD as containing all DLC, but this new thing is not DLC. It's literally the same game with the same quests, just with a few different perks that will barely impact those folks who don't purchase it. EOD was already pay2win by the standards of "more rep and bigger secure container and no hideout grind," and yet people still played the game with lesser editions of the game. I don't see how this new edition is any different, to be honest. So I don't find this scummy.

I'm not a BSG bootlicker by any means but I do believe if BSG wants to operate an ongoing game they're gonna have to come with with ways to get money from their players. Back in the days of Overwatch 1 I would buy a massive thing of loot boxes every year because I knew they gotta keep the lights on, and I was planning on dumping hundreds if not thousands more hours into the game. I'm a $1=1hr valuation kinda gamer..if I spend $50 for a game, without any consideration to the gameplay or story or anything else, I want to spend at least 50hrs in the game. I just crossed over 1k hrs in EFT, and most of it is just rotating my crafting poo poo while I'm at work. So even if half those hours were spent actually gaming, I've gotten way more than my money's worth and I want to keep playing so I don't mind kicking them another $100 to let that happen.

Yeah, day one of a new wipe some folks will be running around with a gun that has a high pen/damage bullet or super high rate of fire, but those guns and that ammo is right there for the taking, either from those very players or from looting or NPCs. It's not like you're gonna be running around in T5 armor at the start of wipe, and if you somehow have a way to reliably come into that kind of armor then you realistically have a way to get those kinds of guns and ammo too.

Do you have to carry that item to reap the benefits of the 60m scav agro zone? Aren't there drawbacks to holding it, like losing rep if you take out a scav? There's a tradeoff here, it's not just all sunshine and rainbows once you get 6+ rep. 60m won't matter on the maps where you're indoors frequently. Sure it's nice to know when a sniper scavs is trying to pick someone off from across the map on Customs, but when and how often has that realistically given you any sort of tactical advantage? I'd wager in fewer than .01% of your raids. But that 60m range won't matter for a crabber in dorms getting pushed by scavs.

I'm 99% certain they confirmed the flare for friends to join you is a PvE only mechanic.. probably to help with boss hunting/farming.

More pocket space means more space for you to get loot from your kills. They still have to balance weight, carrying more stuff just means these whales IRL might also be whales in game. Granted two more slots isn't that much, but if that's your argument then two more slots isn't that much in the other direction of the argument too.

Yeah the PvE portion of the game is massive draw for folks tired of cheaters. I'm terrible at this game and players are so unpredictable it's sometimes too much for me to analyze and pick apart the best course of action against an actual human so that's it's draw for me. When I play with one friend 95% of the time when they die they're calling sus on the killer's profile, so it's a draw for them. This will let me play with that friend and not have to hear them complain about cheating. Now it'll be back to the old "they 180d and head-eyes'd me" complaint but at least that's something that can be tuned by BSG.

For whatever it's worth I also don't think Arena is DLC, unless there's a way in which arena ties in to the base game, like getting Arena-specific quests or another vendor or something. They placated folks by giving it to EOD owners after everyone's whinging, and it wound up being a lovely game anyway so nobody cares now, but the playerbase learned that if they complain that BSG might give in to their demands for the perks.

I'm not saying BSG is in the right with this question, but are you aware that Activision/Blizzard charged more for a keychain in Overwatch than they did for an identical keychain IRL? Companies are gonna be greedy, it's in their interests to do so. That said, I don't think what BSG is doing with this edition is greedy. They're just trying to keep their lights on, and employees paid. I enjoy the game for now so for now I think they've earned some more of my money. I don't play Overwatch anymore because of the lovely monetization there. At least in Tarkov I can actually be guaranteed to use what I'm paying for, where in OW it's not always a guarantee you'll get to play the hero you spent $30 for a skin on.

I think this is all ragebait for the content creators to earn clicks and views and in two weeks they'll be back to wiping lobbies of plebs like us and they'll be better off because you went to go see landmark install spt or Forbes is going to echo chamber whatever nonsense everyone else is complaining about and you're just gonna gobble it up, when you just just play the loving game or uninstall it, shut up, and move on. I get this is a discussion forum and I'm not trying to stop the discussion, but the outrage over a company trying to keep their game thriving is truly astonishing. A game can't continue to evolve or even exist with servers if you're not injecting money into it, sorry folks!

Yeah it's a chunk of change, but you're also getting hundreds/thousands of hours of game time. My only complaint with the PvE price tag is it would be difficult to convince a new player to go all in so you could play PvE together. But there's nothing stopping you from getting the base game and trying it out and if you're liking it enough to want to PvE then upgrading. And who knows maybe by the time that decision comes around they'll have a piecemeal option for just PvE mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skz9odeewpc

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Aexo posted:

My only complaint with the PvE price tag is it would be difficult to convince a new player to go all in so you could play PvE together.
you have terminal brain damage

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Aexo posted:

Back in the days of Overwatch 1 I would buy a massive thing of loot boxes every year because I knew they gotta keep the lights on

Mate I play WoW and buy a bunch of transmog poo poo, but "helping the billion dollar corporation keep the lights on" isn't how I'd ever phrase that sentence

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Tyler Whitney posted:

:emptyquote:

Aexo
May 16, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Mate I play WoW and buy a bunch of transmog poo poo, but "helping the billion dollar corporation keep the lights on" isn't how I'd ever phrase that sentence

It's not the corp I'm concerned with, but the game. A game that doesn't pull in enough money will shut down and the corp will typically continue to live. Also, you're paying a sub for WoW so I'm not sure that really fits the situation I described. I would have paid something per competitive season if it was an option.

concise
Aug 31, 2004

Ain't much to do
'round here.

Saw a giant post defending BSG and I couldn’t be hosed to scroll up anymore, so my apologies if this has already been posted:

https://github.com/stayintarkov

SPT coop multiplayer. They should probably run a self hosted github like the main SPT devs do though

lonter
Oct 12, 2012
Sorry you don't value your online games like I do I guess?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
BSG recently came out with micro transactions with price points equivalent to OW1s offerings (lol at suggesting you spent hundreds of dollars a year on OW skins btw) and no one really gave a poo poo. Many even shared the same “hey I have enjoyed the game, let me throw them some money” attitude despite it being very likely that they already spent more than $100 on the base game.

This is such an aggressive and obviously customer unfriendly play it really just makes me assume BSG is broke as poo poo and had no other options.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Don't think I've ever seen someone get findommed by the concept of capitalism itself but here we are

Aexo
May 16, 2007

causticBeet posted:

BSG recently came out with micro transactions with price points equivalent to OW1s offerings (lol at suggesting you spent hundreds of dollars a year on OW skins btw) and no one really gave a poo poo. Many even shared the same “hey I have enjoyed the game, let me throw them some money” attitude despite it being very likely that they already spent more than $100 on the base game.

This is such an aggressive and obviously customer unfriendly play it really just makes me assume BSG is broke as poo poo and had no other options.

lol if you think buying the biggest loot box pack once a year cost hundreds of dollars

The price for what you get with this new edition is wildly out of proportion, for sure. It also makes the barrier for newcomers pretty tall. Big agree there.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I tried Tarky a few years ago, didn't mind it, but didn't feel like investing the hours into it, friend breathlessly messages me, now we can play PvE modes together, sounds sick, and then lamo at the price, what a loving rube you have to be to keep funneling money to the russian laundering front

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021
I can understand that selling people a game in 2016 and then providing servers for said game for eternity is not a sustainable business model. At some point the money from the game purchase is going to run out.

But drat, I wish they'd found a less hare-brained way to try to solve it.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

You mean like finishing the game in less than eight years?

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
Its not the customers fault they kept selling EOD for 7 years and its not economically viable to give them all the free content.

Microtransaction the rest, remove the double pockets and the AI benefits as there should be no in raid benefits unearned, and give EOD their promised PVE coop raid as per Nikitia 76 days ago.

Honestly if they were short for money they literally could have just mtx containers and clothing, it would have zero impact on people that want to earn it, and the whales would buy it at 25$ a piece. It would be dumb as hell, but it wouldn't be actual fraud.

fps_nug
Feb 21, 2021

horsing around no longer

lonter posted:

Sorry you don't value your online games like I do I guess?

Lol. It's important I buy fortnite skins every other day or so. Gotta keep the lights on :tipshat:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

WirelessPillow posted:

Its not the customers fault they kept selling EOD for 7 years and its not economically viable to give them all the free content.

Microtransaction the rest, remove the double pockets and the AI benefits as there should be no in raid benefits unearned, and give EOD their promised PVE coop raid as per Nikitia 76 days ago.

Honestly if they were short for money they literally could have just mtx containers and clothing, it would have zero impact on people that want to earn it, and the whales would buy it at 25$ a piece. It would be dumb as hell, but it wouldn't be actual fraud.

What free content did EOD get? Just arena?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Aexo posted:

what the gently caress is this post lmao

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/1cdg9cu/the_update_regarding_eod_edition/

Nikita on Reddit posted:

Hello, Tarkov citizens!

To honor the owners of the EOD version and their indelible importance and role in the EFT universe, we plan to add the following new unique features to the EOD edition:

Faster return of insured items

Increased personal trader buying limits by 20%

Increased basic PMC karma (when it will be implemented)

Access to unique hideout craft

Increased basic charisma skill

Special quest line with increased pockets side as a reward

Ability to skip 2 daily quests per day free of charge

Unique dog tag

Unique armband

Unique set of clothing

Unique “Legacy” device

High priority matching for EOD owners for 6 months

Access to offline PVE for EOD owners for 6 months

We will provide those changes and additions as fast as possible.

Temporary access to PVE will be provided as soon as we will reinforce server infrastructure of that particular gamemode for a wider audience, because we use totally different servers for that and now there is a really limited amount of them.

Thank you!
Take care,
dev team

It's going over as well as you'd expect.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

I've been intrigued about this game since it first became available, but I've been waiting for it to get more polished, scum practices getting cleared up and perhaps come out on Steam.
In the last years the hacker situation and how the devs communicated about it made me feel that if I ever got it I'd play it using the single player mod.

And now I'm thinking that I'll actually never get the game and look at alternatives instead.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

6 months of priority matchmaking jesus christ

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Sininu posted:

And now I'm thinking that I'll actually never get the game and look at alternatives instead.

The Gray Zone devs must be laughing their asses off today.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Nutsak posted:

The Gray Zone devs must be laughing their asses off today.

yeah considering they just had their major content creator push a few days ago this has to be incredible for them

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

You know, Incursion Red River just hit EA. I was a little underwhelmed by it since it’s like, the first beta, but…. It seems to have a brighter future all of a sudden. Also it’s set in modern Vietnam, which is novel.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Quicksilver6 posted:

You know, Incursion Red River just hit EA. I was a little underwhelmed by it since it’s like, the first beta, but…. It seems to have a brighter future all of a sudden. Also it’s set in modern Vietnam, which is novel.

at this rate bungie is gonna come busting through the wall to announce that actually Marathon development is going great and will start beta testing next week

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

hopterque posted:

at this rate bungie is gonna come busting through the wall to announce that actually Marathon development is going great and will start beta testing next week

You never expect the exploding BOB until it’s too late.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Why gently caress up this badly? Why not sell some visual mix or battle passes with hyper beast gun skins for that sweet GaaS money?

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Tyler Whitney posted:

Escape From Tarkov: Unheard Tsar Shitizen Edition.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
If they was that desperate for cash, why not just stick the game on steam and rub their hands and the warchest is literally filled overnight with new people who want to play the game and have been waiting for steam.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

You kind of just have to admire how much they missed the point of why people are upset.

Also, 6 months of Tarkov PvE :butts:

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Well now that Nikita finally realized the indelible importance and role of the players in the EFT universe and has given in to the demands of "give us the P2W stuff and maybe a trial for PvE", does that mean the Even Worse With Money Edition will get cheaper? Asking for a friend.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

giZm posted:

Well now that Nikita finally realized the indelible importance and role of the players in the EFT universe and has given in to the demands of "give us the P2W stuff and maybe a trial for PvE", does that mean the Even Worse With Money Edition will get cheaper? Asking for a friend.

it will get even more expensive, since you're getting lifetime access to a feature others are only getting for a limited time, obviously

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The PvE mode doesn't even remove the worst part of the game - that it takes ~5 minutes on average to get into a game.

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Aexo posted:

This is so fuckin funny

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
Surprised to see BSG giving any kind of concessions at all to the EOD players, even if they're weird and unasked for. 6 months of access to co-op is about as bad of a choice as they could've made, seeing as it pretty much admits that it should've been included in EOD but they're arbitrarily choosing not to honor that.

I wish the game wasn't going this direction with P2W crap getting dropped in all over the place. I played on a Standard account my very first wipe, could barely win fights against scavs, and made a meager living doing customs stash runs and shoving bags of croutons up my rear end. It was the best time I had playing this game. Now I'm just another EOD guy and nothing is fun anymore. Oy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Squashing Machine posted:

Surprised to see BSG giving any kind of concessions at all to the EOD players, even if they're weird and unasked for. 6 months of access to co-op is about as bad of a choice as they could've made, seeing as it pretty much admits that it should've been included in EOD but they're arbitrarily choosing not to honor that.

I wish the game wasn't going this direction with P2W crap getting dropped in all over the place. I played on a Standard account my very first wipe, could barely win fights against scavs, and made a meager living doing customs stash runs and shoving bags of croutons up my rear end. It was the best time I had playing this game. Now I'm just another EOD guy and nothing is fun anymore. Oy

Supporting a live service shooter is a solved issue at this point (sell weapon skins) and it's bizarre they've landed on this.