Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I like the current balance: you're rewarded for thinking ahead and you only have to look up that list of quest items once per season, and you still get the tension in-raid of trying to figure out what to grab and having to remember what hideout items you need. Not saving every quest item in advance also does not hinder progression all that much because the main limiting thing on most early questing is just # of raids run and there's nearly always something productive you can be doing while looking for whatever items you need currently.

IMO the early progression friction is actually good. Marking specifically the items you need for tasks you're currently on is better than marking every single item that is ever needed for quests. Hideout items are only a thing for 15 levels anyways, so either memorize the first few upgrades or just write them down on a piece of paper, it's not that hard

Give me a piece of paper I can keep in my special item slot that I can use to track what I need in-game but to use it I physically have to pull it out and un-crumple it and read it in raid and the handwriting is kinda poo poo. Players who kill me can't take the paper off me but they can read it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I'd be okay with that lol.

on a related note, adding or removing something from your secure container now consumes 1 use of vaseline

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Fart Car '97 posted:

Give me a piece of paper I can keep in my special item slot that I can use to track what I need in-game but to use it I physically have to pull it out and un-crumple it and read it in raid and the handwriting is kinda poo poo. Players who kill me can't take the paper off me but they can read it

-milk
-cereal
-croutons
-tank battery (if on sale)
-apple juice

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Famethrowa posted:

-milk
-cereal
-croutons
-apple juice

- noodles (2) (gently caress you jaeger)

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Famethrowa posted:

-milk
-cereal
-croutons
-apple juice

“If you’re looting me gently caress you”

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

El Jebus posted:

I'm finally at a point where I'm just selling any gun I can buy because... well, I can buy it.

The only reason I keep guns I find is so I don't have to gently caress around w/ the lovely modding system before another raid. Just use whatever the idiot I killed had even if it's bad, top up the ammo, go again.

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

Mellow_ posted:

The only reason I keep guns I find is so I don't have to gently caress around w/ the lovely modding system before another raid. Just use whatever the idiot I killed had even if it's bad, top up the ammo, go again.

I used to do this too, but I found gun presets. I just fill out all the slots with the best trader-available mods minus the sight+muzzle device and save it. I became pro-sell all guns after that.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

MuffinsAndPie posted:

I used to do this too, but I found gun presets. I just fill out all the slots with the best trader-available mods minus the sight+muzzle device and save it. I became pro-sell all guns after that.

Yeah that's true. I think I just got annoyed at not having access to the parts I want to use from traders or on the flea. Then I have to check poo poo to make sure I can buy it if I make it a preset. So then I just gave up and run whatever I find lol

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Mellow_ posted:

Yeah that's true. I think I just got annoyed at not having access to the parts I want to use from traders or on the flea. Then I have to check poo poo to make sure I can buy it if I make it a preset. So then I just gave up and run whatever I find lol

I've liked using https://www.totovbuilder.com/ because you can filter by unlocked traders if you want the best possible trader only gun.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

Thank you very much.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Aexo posted:

Does nobody use Tarkov tracker? It'll tell you what you need, just check before your raid.

Religiously. Stash would be a full blown piss jug level hoarders house without it.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
My secret to stash management is just to have 4 junk boxes for all my trash. Gives me plenty of room and also makes it so I only have to dump stuff to the flea once I have about 10 of the same item to let me more efficiently use the limited sell slots. Also 2 med cases, one for stims and one for everything else.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
If you use food or drink items at max hydration and energy, do you receive any experience?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

ROFLburger posted:

If you use food or drink items at max hydration and energy, do you receive any experience?

You sure do, drink up!

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
They're refreshing!

Depends on the items. I'm guessing you're asking about metabolism though so no, you wouldn't get any xp for metabolism if you're maxed out already and then eat or drink. On longer raids I try to bring cans of Max energy because it gives you a 5min stress resistance debuff, and at the end of that time you get immunity xp, which reduces the negative effects of food and meds. It's also an easy way to stay on top of keeping your energy and thirst topped up, giving you a little metabolism xp when you're below max.

Edit: oh I must be mistaken..I consider myself a noob at this game so maybe don't listen to me.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Aexo posted:

and at the end of that time you get immunity xp

do you get extra exp if you have/had the immunity buff at some point during the raid? never even noticed this

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

You get immunity exp everytime a negative status effect wears off and the max energy gives you a mild one for cheap. I think there's exp skill fatigue in raid?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Three scav runs in a row tonight I've been sprayed down by another pscav at the extract.

Did BSG break scav karma penalties, because I'm getting flashbacks to the before times

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021

Kazinsal posted:

Three scav runs in a row tonight I've been sprayed down by another pscav at the extract.

Did BSG break scav karma penalties, because I'm getting flashbacks to the before times

I also get killed a lot. My theory is that new players haven't figured out the mechanics of scav runs yet. Or struggle with telling the difference between scavs and PMCs.

I can't tell the difference either, so I've just resorted to not shooting anyone when I'm a scav.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Or people just don’t care

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

scav karma is more important early wipe when building bank

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Even for people who “care” about scav karma, not everyone cares about getting to or maintaining >6, which is the only reason not to kill player scavs when it’s advantageous. Like I generally wont kill other player scavs but if one looks extra juicy or is playing very suspiciously I’ll spend that karma to crack them open and see what’s inside.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Dunno if anyone else here plays Arena, but it appears that we've got a sort of pre-wipe event going. BSG unlocked a bunch of kits for everyone and gave people 5 mil roubles to play around with them

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
i've been trying to learn customs, finally got a quest item for the therapist out of dorms without dying and experienced my first extract camper on my way out. never been so annoyed in my life, jesus

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021
I'm doing the "find morphine" quest for therapist and I'm a little surprised that the "find morphine in raid" part counts if you find it on a scav run.

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

Jakosa posted:

I'm doing the "find morphine" quest for therapist and I'm a little surprised that the "find morphine in raid" part counts if you find it on a scav run.

For the turn-in quests it just matters that the item has the "Found in raid" tag, which it can have from being found in raid (doesn't matter if PMC or Scav), crafted in hideout or even as part of a scav box return.

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021
There are two subgoals in the quest:
- Find morphine in raid
- Turn in 'found in raid' morphine.

It's the first part that seems to work during scav raids. Or maybe I found one during a PMC run and forgot.

lonter
Oct 12, 2012

Jakosa posted:

- Find morphine in raid

It's the first part that seems to work during scav raids. Or maybe I found one during a PMC run and forgot.

The other part is going into the trader screen in the games menu and clicking 'Turn in'. You can't do that during a Scav OR a PMC run - since you have to be in the games menus.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Jakosa posted:

- Find morphine in raid

"Found in raid" is a bit of a misnomer. It just means that you have to turn in morphine that has the "in raid" status.

This will also include morphine crafted in the hideout, so you can complete the quest without even going into a raid.

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021
The scav traitor rules seem a little weird.

If I shoot at another scav without hitting them, if they then shoot back and hit me, they become a traitor, correct?

So if I have some good armor and a good gun, I can shoot at other scavs and goad them into shooting me. And then kill them for loot and Fence rep?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Go and try!

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
i unlocked the tier 2 med station and i see i can make a defibrillator now but i've never heard of anyone using that and it's not clear from googling what it's used for. does it have a function?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

ROFLburger posted:

i unlocked the tier 2 med station and i see i can make a defibrillator now but i've never heard of anyone using that and it's not clear from googling what it's used for. does it have a function?

A total of 4 need to be FIR/crafted for 2 tasks.

Its not a usable med item.

Antristo
Nov 27, 2014

Jakosa posted:

If I shoot at another scav without hitting them, if they then shoot back and hit me, they become a traitor, correct?

So if I have some good armor and a good gun, I can shoot at other scavs and goad them into shooting me. And then kill them for loot and Fence rep?

Yes, you can. It's a bit of a coin toss since there's a good chance the other scav will head/eyes you.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Jakosa posted:

Exactly! And the game is literally perfectly designed like that. If they're smart they'll shoot back but not hit you while seeking cover.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Anyone else having loot not finish loading inside containers? I can see some stuff is in there but it won't be uncovered.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Made some videos of SPT. Had a couple really fun raids.

https://youtu.be/vWWJpPeuZWU?si=Q052-IW297Vp6qzE

https://youtu.be/joRnUyP9Vx4?si=G7WhLNE4hUxzTX4A

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021
I know it's a fallacy to think of barters as free, but using them to get a silenced RFB with a nice scope *feels* free

Vayra
Aug 3, 2007
I wanted a big red title but I'm getting a small white one instead.
RFBs and tac30s are pretty much free, to be fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I started up SPT after a friend convinced me it was worthwhile, and holy poo poo is it ever. It's like 85% of my online experience (in that I rarely extract and generally am bad about things) except there's actual loot because there's not any vacuum hacks taking it all. Bunch of tweaks here and there and I don't think I'll be going back to live.