Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

ShowTime posted:

They are giving away decent New Years day rewards for anyone that has a pre-order or buys it through the 5th. They are actually fairly decent, but nothing insane. Getting a docs case and an ammo box are pretty helpful but not insane.

Edit: Actually that is a lot of BP ammo...

Where do you get this? I've had the game for a while so maybe I'm misreading something, but on the profile page (on the website) and logged into the game I don't see any claim button anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

TheTofuShop posted:

On your profile page, below the edition you purchased at the bottom of the page is where it shows up. Some goons posted pics of their gift so it went live just now. You get all the items listed.

Ah, just got it. Must have checked too early. Thanks!

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Neon Belly posted:

I’m surprised we haven’t seen copycat games take off yet in the same way we did for battle royales.

Honestly this has been my thought, too. Maybe it’s just not quite big enough to attract attention like PUBG did? I dunno.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Apparently cultists ARE in the game now:

https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Cultists

They look loving terrifying. Jesus.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

One of the best ways to learn about how to kill scavs when you’re a new player is this video:

https://youtu.be/mH7ua6wMJkw

Basically if a scav yells at you break line of sight, wait a bit, then re-engage and kill him quick. Scavs become almost a nonissue when you get used to how to best engage them. Obviously that takes a while but you really have to approach this game differently than other shooters.

One of my friends has 50 some hours in this game and still just has stand-up no moving fights with scavs and he dies like 70% of the time if they see him. You have to approach it differently.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

giZm posted:

Scavs are Archviles confirmed?

Maybe there's a reason I like this stupid game so much!

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Just had a scav run on interchange with an sv-98 and as I was making my way out some sweatlord spotted me and chased me down. I stayed hidden away for a good five minutes and started to creep out and he had been going from room to room to find me. I ran away, circled around, and shot him in the chest. This game is so great sometimes.

Thanks for reading my livejournal

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

I was doing a minimally geared Shoreline quest run with a friend and we came up on the power station and found 2 fully kitted out L5 bodies on the bridge into the power station (from the gas station side). Quickly grabbed their loot as the people who killed them came up on us. Barely loving got away with probably 1M+ in gear.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

My scav case brought me a green keycard and, having never really learned labs at all, I’m tempted now to try to do so. Should I just go in fully geared and assume I’m going to repeatedly die? Obviously I’ll go in on offline mode to try to learn the map, but I’m more unsure as to how to actually approach it for real.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

WirelessPillow posted:

I completed it a couple of days ago by bumrushing sniper scav on woods

This is also what I did. Took about 8 raids to get all 5 (sometimes he was already dead, or I got killed on the way).

Now I’m stuck on loving Setup. I know AP20 rounds are the go-to, but somehow I keep hitting people with them and they just don’t die. Going to pull my hair out on this, I swear.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

This is a good wipe. Having a lot of fun with it, though sadly a lot of my friends burned out last wipe. It’s interesting doing everything solo now - just hit level 17 and really struggling on some of the more bullshit quests (headshots with tremor, for example). I’m sure I’ll get there, it’s just interesting doing an entirely solo game experience after so many group games the last 2 wipes.

And goddamn do I want level 20. Less for the flea and more because that’s where all my hideout is locked behind.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Malefitz posted:

I find a crap ton of food this wipe and I found 9 nails and 5 hoses in the time it took me to find 2 screw nuts and I run interchange on my scav on cooldown. Maybe they have changed the drop rates of the items around, I remember last wipe I didn't find nails at all in the beginning but screw nuts never seemed like an issue.

If you still need screw nuts, try the Shoreline village. Interchange was loving me on screw nuts so I went to Shoreline and found, I dunno, 12-15 across two raids? Give it a try.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Malefitz posted:

Shoreline was a great tip for hideout material, first toolbox I opened had screw nuts in it. Also finally found a syringe while scaving in, resort is a haven for scaving now that scavs don't shoot on sight.

Even found a car battery on a dead body in a sunken village quest building. I wonder where he hid it.

Hooray! I’m glad it worked out.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Finally hit 20 and unlocked flea right before calling it a night. It’s strange how IMMEDIATELY upon unlocking the flea the feeling of the entire game changes. I hadn’t really noticed this in previous wipes as levels 1-10 go so quick but, man, it’s a night and day difference.

I’m not in the “delete the flea” camp at all, it’s just interesting to me how fundamentally the game changes when you have it. I’ve gone from scraping by with garbage guns with no optics to upgrading a bunch of hideout poo poo simultaneously and putting optics on my guns. Strange.

Also, what’s the deal with bitcoins now? Weren’t they going to change them in some way? I don’t have the farm yet (obviously), but I’ve found a few Tetrizes and from the looks of things it seems like everything is basically the same as it was? Though maybe the price is uncoupled from the real price - I can’t tell that yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Last wipe I had a scav run where I found a LEDX on Interchange and was immediately sniped from the second floor in one shot. That was a bit suspicious on a raid with ~8min left.

This wipe I’ve encountered more suspicious stuff - people finding me hiding in bushes and not moving, people knowing I was creeping up on them despite moving at the lowest speed, etc. Nothing definitive and certainly not a the pace Reddit talks about, but it’s seemed like more than last wipe.