Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meatlong Football
Feb 11, 2008

I funded most of my hideout through scavving the coast of lighthouse. It's been my first wipe, mostly solo, and never felt troubled for cash. The Lighthouse beaches always felt sparsely populated and between the tech spawns on the road and the stashes it kept my pockets filled. Couple hundred thousand roubles for 6-8 minutes of running with an easy 90+% survive rate. Spawning in at night seems to put you in later in the raid more frequently (fewer pmcs around) and the high value spawns in the chalet and village were less likely to be hit as I scooted my way to the beach than during the day. If you haven't tried many night raids I suggest giving it a shot as it's often much brighter than you'd expect (not always) and buried stashes are more visible than in the daytime. Night factory runs have also been a nice change of pace as well as good exp/hr, and Tagilla farming is dead simple after learning to target the legs. Seems less populated on EU than NA servers for some reason too.

I did most of my tasks at dawn or dusk under the "Reign of Fire" principle. I figured the best players are unlikely to take fancy optics into a raid with changing light conditions which should level the playing field or lower the overall skill quality. It seemed to work out "okay". I still hate resort. I missed the EoD vs. standard chat from earlier but I think the perk I'm most envious of is the gamma case as every "free" square feels priceless. The punisher quest line was fine but the Kappa grind is unreasonable for myself. Having said that the game feels somewhat aimless after getting the epsilon case. Not in a bad way in so much as an "I don't want to hide in a bush and work on shooter born kills" kind of way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatlong Football
Feb 11, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

This hasn't been a thing in a long time, unless when they fixed this issue >1 year ago, it somehow came back.

I just killed a PMC in factory and was chased by tagilla and 2+ scavs for the next minute and change. 6+ scav rep and gained .04 on the exp screen. Not the first time it's happened either. It's back.

Maxed strength for the first time and the elite perk feels like a cheat code. I know it's cliche to have opinions about this game but the entire skill system could be ripped out and it would be better for it.

Meatlong Football
Feb 11, 2008

Vahakyla posted:

I wish it'd be just a mode in the same game. It is gonna use same assets and files, why make it separate?

Maybe it's a play towards e-sports? Something more match oriented instead of the pvpve-stalker collectathon that it is.

Meatlong Football
Feb 11, 2008

MonkeyLibFront posted:

So this will be my first wipe, got to 26 last wipe. Wondering if there's any specific path I need to take in order to get a better experience in terms of kit and rubles available. Also I'll be starting a week after the wipe, am I going to get bum rushed like I did when I started last march?

Lots of people scav hard early in the wipe so the queue for most maps can be excessive. I'm only scavving on factory right now and keeping the raid quick, <90 seconds usually. If a queue goes over 7min it's probably bugged. There's an argument to be made for not scavving but at all but I would just stay away from the long queues.

I don't have EoD and the biggest improvement is a larger hidden container. If you're not comfortable rushing the punisher quest line like a maniac then the 2x3 beta container is probably worthwhile when it's available. Every slot increases the amount of roubles you can pull out of a failed raid and never bringing in a CMS kit until the grind is over is rough and changes how you engage with PvP on the most basic level.

You're definitely going to get bum rushed but early wipe hits differently. If you're a mix of loud, friendly and clueless over VoIP it can get you out of a lot.

Meatlong Football
Feb 11, 2008

Jakosa posted:

Is it simply a bug that Skier (I'm at LL3) has two identical ADARs for sale with one costing twice as much as the other? Or is there some sense behind it?

There is a bug this patch were the lower receivers are showing up in the store as guns with stock attachments. M4A1 and the hk lower are transformed as well and a few others I can't remember, but all of them are missing. Confirmation was in some Gigabeef 'unlisted patch changes' video from earlier in the wipe.