Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

If we are going to be keeping track of TKs we’ll need more reserved posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Gabriel S. posted:

Bump. This game is phenomenal. Best thing for FPS games since Half-Life and Counter-Strike.

I’m surprised we haven’t seen copycat games take off yet in the same way we did for battle royales.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Yup and if you throw in the pandemic and that the wiped happened around holidays, it’s easier for people to immerse themselves in the game.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Cage Kicker posted:

If you want to stack some money up and finish your butt coin machine (top priority) I would learn Interchange next. Fun map, easy to avoid the spots where the gear lords rush, tons of loot. Plus, you can kill Killa! *disclaimer* Killa may kill you first

Is that just for generic item runs? I’ve had good luck with Shoreline stash loops. I’ve have had multiple ones where I exfil with 1M+ worth of stuff, and it’s a quiet enough map (away from resort) that I just listen to podcasts while doing it.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I’d feel better about the quest system if it also included daily or weekly quests. Some way to give every map an objective to accomplish, aside from kill PMCs and take their stuff.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Bucnasti posted:

Yeah daily quests/challenges could be a good way to cause PvP friction on these huge maps.

Sure, but also everyone doesn't have to have the same daily/weekly - have a pool that get randomly assigned every reset.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Cage Kicker posted:

I would blow any amount of roubles if it meant sending another PMC back to the lobby. It's the principle.

Their backpack may be full of bitcoins. It’s worth the risk.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Malefitz posted:

When do you guys think would be a good time to buy the scav case? I have 6 GPUs right now. My plan was to upgrade to 10 first but then I don't know if bitcoin 2 or scav case is more useful

How much do you like gambling?

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

the roll over happens 30-45 seconds before the timer rollover.

I usually get it a minute or so after the timer rolls.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Umbreon posted:

Apparently the cost to get solar power was increased from 25k euros to 50k. No changes to the AESAs needed though

Purely punishing the weekend warriors.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

hello internet posted:

Ahh drat. I used it more for the instant replay manual save but oh well.

Shadowplay still works, just need to remember to save it. Always disappointing to see how long an enemy PMC was on screen before they killed me.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

https://twitter.com/bstategames/status/1473928332022538242

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I’ve only had one negative VOIP interaction. I was a PMC nearing extract and a scav came up and said he was friendly, offering me a labs key. I declined and started to walk away, and he tried to shoot me. Wound up blasting him and getting that key anyway. Otherwise it’s been amicable on both scav and PMC runs.

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

6 or 7. Easy if you have the time but i am obviously busy this week.

I don't know the best map tbh. On Factory I would have to wipe the server in order to farm them. I think Customs is best bet

Would it be feasible to go in with another person who is marked so scavs rush your position and you can shoot them that way?

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Sharing a nice story: I went down to ZB-016 as a scav and ran into a PMC placing items down there. He quickly said he plays solo and this quest has been really hard for him, so if I was going to kill him if I could please wait for him to finish the quest first. Instead, I said we should do Factory Lands, he agreed, and we both got our .25 rep.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

TheTofuShop posted:

Scav gear is somewhat linked to Fence Rep, last wipe goons with higher rep were reporting spawning with better gear, labs cards, etc..

I’m sitting at around 4 fence rep and not noticing much of a gear difference. Timer is pretty short though.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Charles 1998 posted:

I don't know if this is exploiting or not but I'll just have eft running in the background while I'm doing other tasks, and when I scav timer is up I'll go to factory, and run straight for the exit, then vendor all my gear. Usually it's 20-30 seconds a run and I make 50-150k. I do this all day.

It’s also a quick thing to do between PMC runs.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Add in PTSD from TKs.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Don’t need legs to go prone instantly and head eyes.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Herstory Begins Now posted:

tarkov has a huge cheating problem but it also has a huge problem with people being bad and thinking anyone killing them is cheating

Just be bad enough like me where the idea someone would need to cheat to kill me is preposterous.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Snow is a really cool and overshadows all other aspects of the update.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Anyone else run into issues with the game on AMD GPUs? I upgraded from a 1080 to a 7800xt and the game will basically cause my monitor to go black and I have to restart my computer. Hasn’t happened in any other game in the months I’ve had the new card. Happens in raid as well as in menus.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Snow is awesome and having it be actively snowing is even better. Worth the frame drops.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Herstory Begins Now posted:

shoreline would be a much better map if you got rid of all the 'spot green camo guy on green foliage background' parts of it, of which it is one of the worst offenders in the game

The snow solves much of this.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Tetramin posted:

I mostly get killed by people with like 5k hours lol. It’s crazy how many players like that I see, and I come from CS where everyone who plays it has played for 20 years, but I feel like I don’t often see playtime that high.

That time may include a lot of idle menu time and the mini game of organizing their stash. At least that’s what I tell myself when I see my playtime.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Aexo posted:

Would be nice if you could purchase a "satellite view" of the engagement on exfil/death that is only delivered after the raid ends, maybe like how Overwatch has replay codes. Then you could study folk's movements and maybe see how you died or you could better move to avoid/force engagements in future raids.

This would also help new players immensely, I think.

I've only had one sus death and they got banned, but I'm mostly scaving to learn maps right now.

They could totally make it part of the game lore that one of the traders has a drone flying around the battlefield and willing to sell some footage.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

The load out preset feature took away a lot of my gear fear cause as long as I have the money it’s just a few clicks and I’m ready to go again.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Jakosa posted:

There has been no PMCs left on Factory, when I do scav runs there.

Servers shut off if there are no active players left, so there has to be at least one PMC remaining for the first pscav to spawn in. Not sure what happens after that though.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Jakosa posted:

Big Boy Ground Zero has gotten better loot than the kiddie pool, so it might be a good place for GPUs now. I got one on a scav run. There are a lot of PCs on the map and since it's quite small, it's quick to get out.

Scav runs seem to randomly place you in the beginner map or the 21+ version, so you can't always count on being in the one with the good loot.

Does it have the intel 3 GPS Signal item?

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Jakosa posted:

I surprised a guy at the start of the raid and dumped a M4 mag of SOST bullets into him. He then proceeded to kill me. I really need to learn to shoot people somewhere other than the body - or get some better ammo.

Similar issue here. I spray the chest instead of aiming at the head, lots of deaths where I do a bunch of damage but don’t get a kill.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Do people play Arena?

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

Redditors are loving unhinged. Lolling at all the threats of legal proceedings and how BSG's announcement is the greatest attack on a people (Gamers TM) the world has ever seen.

Thank you for the update, brave Reddit reader. Please keep up apprised of what else the unwashed masses are saying about the game Escape from Tarkov.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Pseudoscorpion posted:

I know a guy whose play time is 90% Factory, I feel like your stats will generally trend toward those in that situation

Yup, same—they don’t do many quests or bother with much progression at all. Just the factory meat grinder.