Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I’m new this wipe with about 150 hours played and I just learned that each drawer of a file cabinet is a separate loot container :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Halloween event is pretty spooky. Tagilla now spawns on every map and he has a scythe :yayclod:

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'll let you know as soon as he doesn't instantly murder me, so probably never.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Here is my updated review of the Halloween event:

Spawning in with toxin is bad and not fun.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Streets is in but it is only a couple blocks. Eventually they will make it bigger, in 3 more years.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Zipperelli. posted:

My money is on a New Year's Eve wipe happening

A couple weeks ago a streamer already leaked that there will be a twitch event with drops starting on the 29th. No way they would do that pre-wipe so it is gonna happen 29th at the absolute latest unless something has gone wrong and caused a delay.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hooplah posted:

this is huge if it means what it sounds like

Woah, i thought that was part of some secret technique I didn't understand to make a little less sound by not closing containers.

Now I'm always going to waste time re-looting stuff that has already been picked over :negative:

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I only started playing last wipe but my experience was usually ~3 minute solo queues. I think all the servers are just on fire today.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Seems like most bosses have a small chance to spawn there, be careful to not get bopped by shturman.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They nerfed to pocket watch truck key to be one-use today. Condolences to anyone who hasn't gotten the pocket watch yet this wipe yet and also lmao.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Old maps seem mostly unchanged as far as I can tell.

Killing rogues on lighthouse as a PMC is a pretty good way to make money and a great way to level up. Once you know a route it is pretty easy to get a minimum of 5 kills which are each worth individually more experience than normal scavs, and they will probably all be headshot kills.

This early in the wipe there will be probably be other people going for it though, so I can't say it is a great idea right now.

edit: When you see someone else going for it is also a great opportunity to go for a sbih if you can sneak around them.

Rahu fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jan 3, 2023

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Did scavs get nerfed hard? I just had a streets where I wandered into a grocery store with 4 scavs in it and they all let me murder them with only one returning fire a little bit. When I saw them all at once I thought I was super dead.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I just met a guy on factory who had a altyn helmet + face mask, trooper armor, an mp7 with a silencer, and a blackrock vest w/ grizzly. The interesting part is that he was shooting Action SX ammo. Is there some gimmick here I don't understand or was this guy using terrible ammo with a really expensive kit? I killed him with a ump and level 4 armor presumably because his bullets were too poo poo.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ah I must have gotten lucky then, I did have 2 limbs blacked out after the fight. :sweatdrop:

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BrotherJayne posted:

Had flying invulnerable guys in ack to back nighttime shoreline raids, one of them chased me around and wanted me to help him fight a group of cheaters.

Next time you see a flying invulnerable guy blast him around the model's ankles. Allegedly that hacks moves the player model up into the air but the player still has real hitboxes on the ground.

For my experience I haven't seen any blatant hackers though, over 100 raids this wipe and I have had 2 or 3 suspicious deaths, with one being while i was prone in a bush at night on shoreline, but that only happened once and could have been a thermal chad looking for cowards like me I guess. I haven't seen anything definitive. I also never run a kit that costs much over 150k so the hackers aren't interested in me :v:

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I looted a hell of a lot of file cabinets this wipe and my second usb drive was the one I constructed at intelligence center 2 :negative:

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Buying marked keys owns. I was always afraid of losing the loot but I just bought an RB-BK for ~500k and on the first attempt I got out with an injector case :hellyeah: 9 more attempts available and it has already more than double paid for itself.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They did it, they reduced recoil.

https://twitter.com/tarkov/status/1618537169731342336

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
New update is coming, patch notes here https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/171221-patch-notes-for-01302/

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I never really played dress-up in this before but it has really paid off. I put on the scavviest jacket and pants available a little while ago and today a player scav snuck up behind me but didn't shoot, presumably because they thought I too was a scav. USEC Aggressor TAC jacket wins again.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
A big open world would be neat but BSG needs to do a whole lot of server-side work to make that viable, and they are nowhere close to making that happen. Right now they can't even keep a server with under 20 players on streets from randomly rubberbanding everyone.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

Use your mic as scav and say "hey buddy"
Never die again

This is surprisingly effective. Other player scavs seems way less likely to want to murder me for my stuff when I whisper sweet nothings in their ears.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
For the first time I just cooperated with another random solo PMC to kill tagilla and neither of us murdered the other after we killed him. Another wholesome tarkov interaction :yaycloud:

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Dear diary, today it finally happened.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Maybe I'll get shooter born now, 125 was so tough on reserve and streets :sweatdrop:

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That is to push you to buy the $100 version. The .2 rep boost means you pretty much cant be rep gated until ll4, and even then you get past it pretty fast.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I finished colleagues part 3 and found my ledx on the same day. What a gift.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Lexos dealership on streets also has 3 medical spawns close together with a decent chance for salewas. One in the file cabinet emporium, one in the room you crawl into, and another in the southeast corner of the east concordia building. You can scav in, hit those three spots, then leave through sewer manhole in under 5 minutes. I have found 3 ledxs so far in about 25 runs with this hot strat.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Interchange has been de-fogged. Maybe now it won't be so spooky.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
New event is up, therapist wants 10 million (non-fir) bandages. You can just buy them from her and hand them right back if you have too many rubles laying around :yayclod:

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/bandage

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
These far-forward items are tough to get. I've done like 30 lab runs in the past week and found only one current converter which i got out with and one gps which i held onto for about 10 seconds before dying.

They are so rare :negative:

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Finally got scav karma 6. Love to hang out with tagilla and loot the pmcs he murders.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The wipe is near, it is lab scav day.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The wipe being imminent gives me the confidence I need to run the good kits I've been saving up.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Wipe confirmed tonight, servers going down for 6+ hours at midnight pst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DojSlJlyNE

e: also lmao that the boss at the end instantly turns 90 degrees to headshot the camera guy :discourse:

Rahu fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Aug 10, 2023

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm a bag fan of the new streets so far. It isn't just new areas, a lot of existing buildings have had more rooms and floors opened up, there is so much loot everywhere :toot:

e: I found the smallest duffle bag in all of Tarkov

Rahu fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Aug 11, 2023

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Always use a map for at least your first several hundred hours.

https://mapgenie.io/tarkov is great. There are also maps on the official wiki for the ones that mapgenie makes you pay extra for, but they aren't quite as detailed.

Doing scav runs to learn the map is also super useful. You are pretty much guaranteed to lose fights against PMCs as a scav so it forces you to practice the most important aspect of tarkov, sneaking around like a rat man.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
AVT is disgustingly strong for just ~40k rubles, my new favorite factory gun.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Higher ergo also makes your arm stamina drain slower so you can aim down sights for longer before the gun gets wobbly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Mostly just ammo and guns. 5.45 BT is locked behind punisher 4. M855A1 is behind some peacekeeper quest I forget which. The 7.62 MDR is also somewhere deep in Spa Tour or possibly Wet Job. A decent amount of good attachments, including the AK butt pad, are also locked behind various gunsmith quests.

Really there is a lot but if you are happy with the guns you have then you can ignore it all.

And getting max traders from dailies sounds tough even with the EOD boost. You need 0.60 rep which is 20-40 dailies per trader. You would still probably have to get through ~half of each traders normal quests to reasonably hit max rep.