Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

So apparently the cultists might be in..?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

There is a few videos of people getting ambushed by super aggressive scavs with silenced weapons but preferring to use knives at night starting to pop up. Most of them are visual trash because its night, but at least a couple managed to see the stupid looking cultist knife on bodies.

Could be fakes, especially since I've yet to see one where the PMC(s) survive, but I dunno :shrug: Go around at night on Woods and the like and find out!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Ihmemies posted:

Yes of course. I was 100% sure I am not getting out alive. There was no chance to stay alive. There was no point keeping the card, why would I want to donate it to someone else?

Well you sure made it 100% sure you weren't getting that card lol.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Cage Kicker posted:

Tarkov will have Arena mode eventually and I think that's gonna be loving COOL

Apparently Nikita had a semi-drunk, semi-official chat with some Russian streamers a few hours ago where he discussed a few things, including Arena.

Arena is going to be a separate game. :v:

Also UN troops, Russian Regulars getting introduced as NPC factions. Also Russian Special Forces whose main goal is hunting down USEC players. UN Troops will apparently hunt Bears, but not with the same level of fervor as the Russian SFs.

The feature creep grows!

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Dec 31, 2020

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Stux posted:

think going by context probably was annoyed with the sks slow top loading reload

If only we had some flimsy pieces of machined metal...

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Also the big annoyance with the Kedr is for some reason they moved the 30 round mags to prapor level 3. Meanwhile you can just stroll down to Peacekeeper and buy 30 round MP5 mags no prob level 1.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Real Cool Catfish posted:

from a level 35 (which seems a pretty high level, wipe was recent right?!).

Wipe was a week and a half ago, Dec 24th.

There are already sweatlords who are level 50+ with the kappa container (awarded by what is basically an "endgame" quest).

Also NVGs aren't that hard to come by, Skier sells a decent pair at level 2 rep. The quad-scope/eye ones are Peacekeeper level 3 I think?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Introduction? :v:

I mean its only 5 scavs, but it does gate prapor entirely!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Varied terrain to fight in? Its got good loot? In fact I think there is some loot (military junk, like the AESA arrays) that is almost impossible to get outside of Reserve.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Cage Kicker posted:

the one where there's no counter but you get extracted suddenly at 10 seconds

Has this happened even when the flood light on the gate is dark?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Magnum Buckshot is great. A single pellet to an unarmored part of the head will kill a regular scav or a PMC.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Why the SKS instead of Vepr-136?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Slumpy posted:

when there is an sks in a game i use it

I can respect that.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

And everyone thinks it’s trash and it’s also not very valuable so while people might rip a couple attachments off the thing they’ll rarely take the whole gun (and if they do it’ll prob get tossed for a “nicer” looted gun).

I’m also convinced a lot of people don’t know you can still fold the gun down to 2x2 by removing the butt pad and any dovetail mounted sight. Of course, even if they do know, it’s a cumbersome thing to do when you’re in the open and exposed.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

That is a great idea... Its not like it’s recoil is so massive you need a super great foregrip anyways.

That does mean no laser sight though... maybe use that one dovetail mount that has a side mount in addition to the sight mount?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

You could always make presets. There is an option to build a saved preset from scratch with only a couple clips, IIRC, it'll buy whatever is needed from the traders or the fleamarket I think (And it'll show you how much it costs before you hit the final "ok").

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The blue ones? You can craft them into Magazine Cases, which can be handy. And if you don't need magazine cases, you can craft those into Scav Junk Boxes.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Fancy_Lad posted:

So what the crap is going on with fuel prices? I unlocked my bitcoin farm 1 the other day, went in to refuel it this morning and about crapped my pants...

They reduced the spawn rate on fuel cans.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

No. Bears speak Russian.

Dicky Needles.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Until there is some kinda magazine preset I will never (intentionally) mix ammo types. :effort:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Pharmaskittle posted:

am I wrong to think upgrading your stash size looks like a huge waste of resources? it's one extra row lol I think I'll keep my 3 million rubles and materials

You're reading it wrong or something. Its 10 more rows per upgrade.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Not everyone has gammas. lol

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Remember when Beta containers used to cost only a few thousand dollars? Now you have to scavenge all sorts of mil-tech crap. Or pay out the nose on the ragfair.

It’s usually easier to do punisher for Epsilon. At least in my experience

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Mesadoram posted:

That is kind of mind blowing.

I’ll never understand the people that feel the need to cheat to win. I’ll definitely never understand the ones that pay absurd amounts of money on cheats, hardware and extra game copies to keep cheating.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

My favorite scav line is the one where they quote some popular Russian Action Movie and it feels like the clip is a minute long though I doubt it really is.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Orv posted:

So since mines weren't a thing last time I was playing any real amount, how do they work? It seems like they instantly and infinitely rearm? Are there set placements or is it just "You walked X yards in a minefield take damage."

As far as I can tell its just intensifying areas of "X% Chance to trigger a mine every ???" the deeper into the minefield you go.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Was the moon out? Moon makes a big difference. At least it used to. Maybe they changed something recently.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Well they do want people to eventually have to physically visit the traders and stuff… lol

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Maybe Tarkov Arena, whenever it comes out, will be better for those who want the Gearlord Life style of Tarkov instead of the Rat Life.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I was planning on passing on this wipe for similar reasons as that other goon (too many other games to play) but scav karma has me tempted to just wipe my stash and just play the occasional casual scav run and see how much cash I can scrounge up selling everything to traders and/or what kind of “trophies” I can collect.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Tweak the settings to they're hostile. I mean its tarkov :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The last version I tried had some pretty good mods for the bots, that made them surprisingly lethal, mostly by making much more liberal with the use of full-auto.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

For clarity’s sake this is all for the fan made the single player server emulator. It’s not possible to change this kinda stuff on the actual live MP game. :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I’m surprised cell phone service is still functioning in Tarkov. I thought they didn’t want news of just how bad things were getting in there to get out?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

They got rid of that ability in 12.12

Does that make (AI) scavs/raiders any slower with grenades? Cause some of them could get eager with those things.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

So what Xmas gift did Ded Moroz bring to Tarkov this year?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

fknlo posted:

Drops on the BSG twitch right now. 5 minute window to claim when Santa Nikita hits the button.

Never seen so many nerds having so much fun pulling random junk out of a bag lol

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

It’s so amazingly frustrating accidentally bringing an EOTech to a night run and staring at the radiant sight and then glancing down at the small button at the base of the sight labeled NVG and being unable to push it…

Other sights have various toggles, so why not this one? It’s not like the toggle does anything on them currently (except the one with the flip-on zoom lease I guess).

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

hello internet posted:

When I run reserve now I just take the largest rig I can and leave the backpack at home

Just take a cheap-rear end small-mid size backpack, it helps to be able to just grab poo poo and move away from dangerous areas before deciding what to keep. Then you can ditch it when you're ready to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-q8p4JVAbI

This mod pack for SPTarkov seems kinda neat.