Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Simon Numbers posted:

Anyone that kills me is a hacker so yeah there's still a massive hacking problem, i'd say 99% of games.

Didn't know Landmark or whatever the gently caress his name is posted here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Cage Kicker posted:

also to steal the Unknown Key because gently caress you.

gently caress. You.

Gently.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

i mean most people in this game often have like, a 20% survival rate, lower even.

I'm complete garbage at this game and I'm at 53%, what are you on about?

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

theres legit people w single digit survival rates.

What. The. gently caress.

These people have to be like, using bots for real right? There is no way people would keep playing if they survived less than every tenth raid?

Also, in hindsight my "I only have 53% tihihi" could be construed as a humblebrag, it was in no way intended as such and every time I go into a raid I feel like Sarah Connor at Tech Noir.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Uuuh?

EDIT: Makes sense, in a backwards way. ˅˅˅˅˅˅˅

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Trump posted:

Whats the wisdom on helmets with visor then? I'm not a place where i can run it constantly, but I've scrapped up enough that i can do a semi-tryhard run once in a while.

"The wisdom" seems to be always bring hearing, which excludes most good visors. I've survived firefights a couple of times because my visor ate a shot or two, most noticeable a Kiver visor (class 3) bouncing an Igolnik round, but on the other hand it's impossible to say how many times I survived a firefight because I heard the other guy earlier than I would have without hearing.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm happy labs are there to contain them, since I never go there.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to poo poo in the big tank. And smile.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

AlternateAccount posted:

Seems kinda spiteful in the first case though. Not like they’re gonna be carrying anything great.

You're new to this whole online thing I take it?

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Just give us all the weird Kalashnikov competitors that didn't make it out of trials, Nikita.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yes, but it's kind of a pain in the rear end, splitting stacks into single rounds and drag-drop forever.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Just rename yourself "Slava Ukraini" and play only Russian servers.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Charles 1998 posted:

Thanks, I guess the AK-74U is a good choice then because I wanted a cheap gun for factory runs.

Factory. AKSU, double flashlights, drum magazine. Never ADS, just walk your way across the map constantly firing. That's my Tarkov decompression prescription.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I don't see a problem with this at all, tbh. Sure, it makes things harder for groups to drop hideout stuff or whatever, but it's not like it becomes HARDER than just playing solo. Jeez.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The fee for selling 2 SJ6s for 60k each is now 42k roubles.

What.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Longest matching time I've had so far solo scavving was around 4 minutes.

EDIT: Also, have they upped the spawn rate on guns early wipe or something, every raid I find more guns than I can carry?

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I've been taking it very very easy this wipe, I have 26 PMC raids RN, so less than 1 per day since wipe, and I just unlocked flea. Now obv I haven't had an average of 6200xp per played raid, but focus on questing is your friend.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

hello internet posted:

There was a streamer a few weeks ago that streamed blatantly cheating for a few days before getting banned by twitch and he mentioned how surprised he was how few cheaters there were(besides him). Not saying there aren’t hackers in tarkov but I found that fairly interesting how often redditors are screaming about the game being over run.

This is really just the same as some hacker going "there's always several hackers in every raid" or some dogshit like that, cheating/hacking doesn't give you magical powers to discern other hackers.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I stole the extract chopper right in front of the squad that called it, they also had the weapon case with them, that was pretty fun.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Had to turn off binaural audio for now, it made woods unplayable. Weird echos, sound stutters, distortion, and static. After I extracted I realized the problem was there from the start of the raid, it just kept getting worse and worse and for the first half of the raid I heard people that weren't there (which was probably my own echo). Also bushes on woods make no rustling noise whatsoever when you move through them, unclear if it's still audible for other players of if bushes are totally silent.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Landmark is just so incredibly full of himself (even for a streamer), and he has an enormous number of dudes wanting to ride his dick that scream "HAXXXXX" the second he dies. I have no idea how informative it is to watch someone that good at PVP to learn anything either, tbh.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Just make sure the raid timer is at 12:59 or less (for factory). Run through counts only time from raid start, so if your scav spawns late raid, you literally can't get a run through even if you'd somehow extract the same second you spawn in.

Rep is +0.01 for every successful scab extraction.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Plus a shitload of stashes.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, it now makes sure all PMCs are loaded in and ready before starting the raid. That's why you have the "waiting for players" stage of loading in (and if you've never seen that I guess you're the one everyone is waiting for. :v:)

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I haven't gotten into this wipe yet, but sitting around refreshing fence can net you lots of unavailable ammo that people for some weird reason sell to him. Not high-tier stuff on the reg mind you, but the removed level 1 trader stuff turn up all the time. My pmc is level 6 and I already have about 1500 rounds of pst gzh, some 400 rounds of M855 and I think about 1000 7.62x39 PS. Plus assorted small batches of maybe 40-50 rounds of .45AP, 7N31, SNB and others.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I've seen people having delusions about how cool Trakov would be in VR as well, FPS games not made for VR from the ground up tend to be pukefests. Literally.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I often dump all my mags to fit more loot on my scav, since I basically never get into a fight where I don't die within the first few seconds anyway.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Dark, and darker butt.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, as long as it doesn't leave the raid via a PMC or player scav, you'll get it back.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Let's see how long before they fix it, but as of yesterday you could make scav armies of any number if everyone you sent invites to accepted at the same time. 15 scavs in one group was pretty fun.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
https://i.imgur.com/VkgMhmY.mp4

The peeping tom epidemic in Tarkov is getting worse every day.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Or just idle at fence if you're desperate, PS comes up for sale regularly.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It's completely ineffective, but dumping mags down corridors by blind firing around corners is good fun.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Arrath posted:

Group tarkov can certainly be a mixed bag.

In one of the first games I played, we did a scav run trio. Before loading in I mentioned "oh rad I have a mosin" Upon loading in my friend went "oh sweet that scav has a mosin" and shot me in the face.

Have you considered that your friend might be an idiot?

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Tagilla is good and is my friend.

I mean, he does try to kill me because my karma isn't high enough, but he leaves all this sweet loot lying around, that's pretty generous.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jakosa posted:

I'm having some issues with Skier's task "Chemical - part 1" where you have to track down the Deputy Chief's hideout on Customs.

My task completion looks like this

I'm pretty sure I've never actually handed over the item even though it shows it. I've been to the train cart and I can't find the item, so maybe it doesn't spawn. I've also bought the Room 220 key off the fleamarket and been to room 220.

Nothing seems to progress the task.

Am I missing something or is it bugged?

The "items that can help with the investigation" is the 220 key, so either you handed it in or the game is making GBS threads itself somehow. So far I've never had the folder not spawn, but with Tarkov you just never know. It's a bit tricky to find now that it can spawn in a couple of different locations in the train car.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

not having a compass available right from the start was always a silly choice on BSGs part anyway and if I remember right they didn't even implement them at all until a couple of years ago.

Compass was added at the same time as heavy bleeds, so end of 2020 IIRC?

tjones posted:

Someone just posted clips of one of the tarkov streamers installing SPT live on twitch and another of Pestily recommending you buy crack or strippers with the $100 it would take for EOD owners to upgrade.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TangentialFrozenIguanaNomNom-C9rjrY9RgHTi4swL

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Without touching on the poo poo storm of Tarkov, I've got to say I was disappointed in Grey Zone in general. I don't know if it was all the hype about being a "Tarkov killer", but it left me with a very "meh" impression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

Yeah grey zone just doesn't look like it has the same vibe. That said it is very very early days for the game.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

gray zone is going to take literally years to get into a good state. i hope it ends up good but it's incredibly early in development

The Gray Zone steam page claims a 2024 release, how incredibly early early days in development can it be?