Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

DrPop posted:

Has anyone else been having a lot of questionable deaths since the wipe? I've had a lot of examples of player scavs (generally) just knowing exactly where I am and hunted me down when I haven't moved or made a sound for several moments. I've been playing this game for four years now and have a pretty high bullshit threshold, but I've had some really suspect encounters just in the few days since wipe.

I think it’s mostly that the type of people who grind tarkov instead of doing things with loved ones for the holidays tend to be pretty good at the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Apparently tokarev ammo has pretty good penetration in real life, they should make competitive (30+ pen) rounds for 9x18 and 7.62 short.

Also let me put a sight on the ppsh in some bubba way

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Tell that to the 10-15 new suppressors that don't work for suppressed weapon quests

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Only good streamer is Anton because he's a drooling moron and knows it (being an idiot also leads to better gameplay)

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

You can probably use a PP-19 with a butt pad and a cobra to 90% usability, which is probably closer to 50k.

But really you should join UMP gang and shoot a better, cheaper bullet than AP 6.3 for a somehow even cheaper gun off flea market

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Opatchki, tourist

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Sultan Tarquin posted:

ACP isn't better than AP 6.3

AP sure is, it has higher pen, armor damage and base damage (and 1shots limbs). It's also cheaper

Mae fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 18, 2021

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Bussamove posted:

Can't wait to log in tomorrow and see wires take bronze lions or something now.

Gotta melt them down for copper

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

The ip87 is really good for that. Other good sights include the monstrum 2x, the valday and of course the pk-06.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Kind of, "real time" for fuel ticks a little faster in game than it should

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

There's a spectrum of haziness to the degree that it's actually unusual to have a perfectly clear day for sniping- even looking across from big red to Tarkov truck is usually fairly obscured

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Stux posted:

you can stack on whatever you want the vector is winning the fight, and we all know it

Unless the fight is at 41 meters or more

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

They should split shoreline into de_resort and de_coast

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Tarkov is a PvP game though, the entire premise is shooting people to take their loot.

The average level in a game is like 25-30 anyway, it's not like every other player you're going to see is going to be a space marine. Especially on factory, where most of the time you're only going to see pistol/bolty guys

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

I think they said that the first story quest was going to be in this patch (probably bumped back like all the other cool stuff), but I would bet on them being slightly more elaborate (instanced?) quests with voice acting

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

sum posted:

Does anyone know why the price of the Walker XCEL digital headset crashed? Did Pestily give them an F in a tierlist video or something?

New headphones are cheap and can be worn under ears (sound kinda bad though)

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Stock up on DVD drives, xenomorph sealing foams, and long and flat screwdrivers.

And the legendary purple rarity hand drill

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Sounds like a good time to shoot them with your gun then

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Sanitar: My potions are too powerful for you traveler, they would kill you in an instant

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Would they introduce a way to make 100 000 USD easily if they weren't going to reset the economy?

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Prior to flea market, finding gear in crates or on dudes you've murdered is exciting as you don't really have a way to obtain a bunch of stuff, making things like suppressors, optics and high tier gear priceless.

After flea market you can assign a monetary value to things and that cheapens the experience a little bit

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Evil scavs with negative karma should look different

Also they shouldn't have their metagame (scav timer, loot, jams) punished

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

I love quenching my thirst on a hot day with a carton of milk I found on a barrel in the woods

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

I can imagine situations where you're telling at the guy above you on 3 story, which while not materially useful really heightens the experience.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

I'm like 15-2 against pmcs this wipe and have died to scavs/bosses 8 times. Most recently just decked by crack house by a stronghold lmg

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i mean if you could press a button and it gave you $1000 you'd do it right?

In this example, the button also indicates you're a little dicked freak on the internet

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

It's more that way fewer people play PMC on reserve, where raiders and gluhar will kill you instantly, versus many more people wanting to scav in to get low stakes high value loot. Demand far outweighs supply

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Commissar Kip posted:

I'm so afraid of being shot myself I've started projecting my fears and I shoot everything that moves. Didn't you see my subreddit post about how I'm mad I shot Santa and it's unfair I lost karma?!".

If you see another player in this game, what's you're first instinct, to jerk them off? I want your can of tall beef and your spark plug, and the XP I get from taking them off your dead body. Fear doesn't play into it at all.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

giZm posted:

Focus on improving your hideout.

This, and get peacekeeper 2

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Give me revolvers in every caliber

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

It's building awareness for the war in ukraine

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Just rename yourself "Slava Ukraini" and play only Russian servers.

What about Scava Ukraini is that good or bad

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

They should compress shoreline to be like half the size

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Yeah, bolt action like the toz

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

One day early this wipe I got shooter born'd by scavs twice in a row

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Bears have more drip than usual now with the new clothes and the english voice so it's understandable.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

With the visual recoil changes shotguns are the best they've ever been I think

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

I got drilled by a zavodsky with 3 rounds of BT in the exact same spot while running perpendicular at 100m yesterday, very interactive

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Rahu posted:

I never really played dress-up in this before but it has really paid off. I put on the scavviest jacket and pants available a little while ago and today a player scav snuck up behind me but didn't shoot, presumably because they thought I too was a scav. USEC Aggressor TAC jacket wins again.

White jacket red armband and jeans will make you invisible to player scavs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

If you're a new player, the only YouTube videos you should watch are AquaFPS videos, such that you know that you do not suffer alone