Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
I love the thick fog personally but do agree its a bit weird there is also fog that thick inside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

socialsecurity posted:

Go to factory office area with a pistol and a pocket full of grenades and start throwing, you'll catch some people and get yourself a nice vector probably.

I tried this, got frustrated at repeated failure and started just bringing ADAR with m856A1 and rapid tap firing 30 round magazines to better success
got Hexgrid, P90, Vector and a few other things out of it

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
Started as USEC, so many ADARS to find it was dumb and M855 is good enough to start
never ran out of M4's since people kept donating them when taking a dirt nap, lose one gain one style

You can't take my Nato weapons from me, I don't want to use AK :colbert:

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

LGD posted:

US West, and like I said I did Tarkov Shooter Part 6 entirely after they made the scav change (which was supposedly, and as far as I know actually, restricted to Customs)

I completed it a couple of days ago by bumrushing sniper scav on woods

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
in a different take on the whole pvp thing:

I found using cheap equipment on factory was a great way to learn pvp, as well as sometimes get surprise gear the few times you end up coming out on top of everybody else. Ultimately though one of the things that helped me the most was watching people like Pestily and seeing how he uses the environment to get better positioning, which wins fights more than the guns half the time.

Spent most of this wipe avoiding combat until it was a quest to kill 7 usecs which I did on factory, and didn't start actively looking for fights until I felt comfortable, was well into level 30 and had a reliable source of income. At level 39 now and feeling comfortable that next wipe I can be more aggressive with my current knowledge, but fully understand why beginners would want to avoid fights to learn all of the myriad of mechanics the game has to offer. Also argue that fighting Scavs is just as valid as fighting PMC's when learning.

Tarkov is a looter shooter, and while PVP is inherent its not exclusively a PVP game. Hell you're not even supposed to shoot at people in your faction.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

ShowTime posted:

I do this too. I build guns I never use. Then I wish I didn't have them, but i can't sell them and they are very expensive.

Edit: Switched to Intelligence Folders to hopefully farm rare keys and finally got a big one: Ultra Storage Medical. My hope is I can land some keycards for Labs and do that before the wipe.

Funnily I got mu Ultra from the 85k box, and have never gotten anything great from the Intel one

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Orv posted:

Apparently most if not all maps are currently fogged to death inside and out.

I've been running thermals and loving it

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
Encountered my first cheater this wipe yesterday while in a team of 4. I was the last one to die which helped with understanding locations of death as after initial fire we all split in different directions on the resort in shoreline. first of our team died at the back, second in the west wing hallway, 3rd in a room in the west wing being shot through walls and I died 15 second later just outside the cafeteria on the north end of west wing with the shooter coming from the north. Same guy for all of us so I guess he is the fastest man alive. I died to what I thought was 1 shot, but listening to the shadowplay is 3 shots of m855 in one trigger pull.

Hopefully won't encounter something like that too often

rap music posted:

is that why i'm regularly getting empty marked rooms

There is currently a glitch on customs where people can get their head inside the marked room of customs from the room underneath it, its causing some grievances

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Maenad posted:

Loving inertia and the implications of the Flea Market changes. Anything to combat wiggle-peaking and set, meta kits.

I don't think it was because of redditors complaining; Nikita said that Scavs were always meant to be working together as a team, and other forms of Karma (for PMCs in particular) have been planned for a long time.

Yeah I seem to remember from the get go that there were plans to punish players that killed same team

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

In my scav game just now I was chillin trying to fix my windows and a scav ran up to me and stared at me. I q'd and e'd bc he seemed like a player staring at me. Then he shot me and I shot him in the head. who loses karma here?

Nobody because he didn't kill you and you had return fire permissions.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

TJChap2840 posted:

There generally isn’t a strong reason to sprint anywhere unless you’re

1. Looking for a fight
2. Running from danger/to cover
3. Trying to make it to a point of interest before someone

If you sprint because you’re impatient, then you should get really good at 1 or overcome your lack of patients (patience?)

Patients: a person receiving or registered to receive medical treatment.
Patience: the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset.

To be fair you could argue a lack of combat means a lack of patients

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Toalpaz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awsPBvv6Wr0

This kill 40 pmcs quest has been a journey but this has to be one of my most prolific kills yet. Qapla!!!!!!!

Ahaha great stuff, I love the clicking

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
More important loot locations that aren't the resort/Radar/pier would help immensely. Right now its just an empty map with 4 crossings that are high risk.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

https://escapefromtarkov.fandom.com/wiki/Ballistics#Armor_penetration_table

By now assume PMCs are rocking T4 armour minimum, so you either want 40+ pen or the highest dmg and aim for legs. Scavs are usually naked or <T3.

There is tonnes of loot if you can learn hidden stashes.

Sometimes I get the feeling that people want every map to be Nuketown. The game is supposed to allow different playstyles and if every map is all action all the time then the only playstyle that'll work is chad meta. Each map needs space so that you can plan a safer route through it.

The problem isn't the amount of loot, the problem is that Shoreline is nuketown with nothing around it. you either go to resort for a brawl, or traverse one of the kill lanes when crossing. The map would feel better if PMC's moved around more, if they felt there were more interesting locations to go to other than the resort or lurking stashes.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

AlternateAccount posted:

yeah but aside from clearing stash space, you can't really buy anything so money's just kinda.... a thing.

There is the scav box money event right now

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

giZm posted:

Scav in at 14 mins left, loot a bit, find a motor and a lightbulb. 3 mins left in the raid, get killed by pscav named "Rolf325"
Thanks, buddy. Hope that bulb will make your day.

Scav on Scav violence needs to be punished harder.

Nah, you're not meant to feel safe you are meant to feel on edge regardless of Scav or PMC.
Same the other way around, you are meant to calculate the cost of killing someone who isn't directly an enemy.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

ShowTime posted:

Edit: Has anyone actually heard anyone on voice comms? I try and use it and never get a response. I've checked all my settings, including my steam voice chat settings (which have been a culprit in the past) and everything should be working.

One of my first DMZ games I was doing an intel task and another team picked up a task to hunt me. I was in a tower above ground and could hear them talking looking for me, it was great!

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
Man nobody goes to the office of Factory anymore, what a wonderful task "Kill 6 PMC's in the office of Factory" is.
I'm just going to move on from it.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
I'll give all those methods a try, it really does feel silly how limiting some of these "Kill x players here" quests can be.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Shoreline needs to be totally redesigned, with a lot more areas added, and the resort needs to be split off into its own Factory sized map

The current redesign was a huge improvement at least, as well as the additional areas added.
If they would only spread out the quests more as well and spread out Resort so its not so cramped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
Its not the customers fault they kept selling EOD for 7 years and its not economically viable to give them all the free content.

Microtransaction the rest, remove the double pockets and the AI benefits as there should be no in raid benefits unearned, and give EOD their promised PVE coop raid as per Nikitia 76 days ago.

Honestly if they were short for money they literally could have just mtx containers and clothing, it would have zero impact on people that want to earn it, and the whales would buy it at 25$ a piece. It would be dumb as hell, but it wouldn't be actual fraud.