Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So apparently the cultists might be in..?

People claim this after every major patch, until I see some video I don't believe it.

Meanwhile, my crew is having a hell of a time just getting grouped up before matches, anyone else having this problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Orv posted:

Yeah you can now make Factory a purely PvE experience other than player scavs, if you have a reason to do so. (Unless they changed it since a couple wipes ago.)

For a change of pace my buddies and I like to 5man factory equipped with just pistols, then equip ourselves off our kills. If we extract we can carry our loot into the next run. It often ends with us shooting each other since we all look like scavs.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Stux posted:

also the kedr is available level 1 and all smgs are unironically insanely fun to use and will shred scavs

This.
SMGs are all pretty much garbage against PMCs with any armor, but when you’re starting out and you want to kill scavs for quests/loot/xp they do great.

I used to champion the SKS as the poor mans gun, but after a couple wipes I think the SMGs are better to start with.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Another thing about SMGs, if you're in a group, and you've all got armor, then you're a lot less likely to TK somebody.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Ihmemies posted:

It really sucks there is so few scavs now. Want to kill 25 in interchange? Have fun hiding somewhere and doing chores/watching TV and come back in 20-30mins. Great loving game design guys.

The quests were all made for a different game than what Tarkov has become. Supposedly they’re going to rewrite them after Streets is added but who knows.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

Is that necessarily a bad thing though? You earn money by doing raids, it sucks that you have to depend on an RNG smiling on you to complete a quest.

I mean it's kind of circular logic in the end since my argument is kind of "I want to do these raids so I don't have to do those raids" but it's just annoying that you gotta hope poo poo like cowboy hats spawn on mannequins and poo poo.

In the before times, you basically traded cash for xp by buying the quest items off the flea market.
They claimed that they would overhaul the quest system after streets of tarkov, hopefully that means actual good meaningful quests and not more "Kill 10 guys from 1000m away with a lovely gun and no armor".

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

The Jaegar quests should be achievements that are unlocked from the start, so when I manage to kill enough guys with my mosin in the dark at 100m I get a little ding and a star next to my name.
Having lovely quests like that gate valuable content (including each other) is bad design.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Slumpy posted:

tying the real life price of bitcoin to a coin in game is kinda cool but if it results in loving up the economy maybe its time to fork and make tarkov coin

They should just adjust the coin farm rate with the cost of coins, so the passive income stays constant. loving up everything else in your hideout to nerf bitcoins is dumb.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Neon Belly posted:

I’d feel better about the quest system if it also included daily or weekly quests. Some way to give every map an objective to accomplish, aside from kill PMCs and take their stuff.

Yeah daily quests/challenges could be a good way to cause PvP friction on these huge maps.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

My buddy has been stuck on the Jaegar quest to get two cans of beef. He can’t upgrade his hideout any further because everything requires vent upgrade which requires jaegar rep, and the only quest he has to get that rep requires RNG to shine on him.
That is absolute garbage design, and it’s only getting worse as they add more loot to the game the loot tables get larger and finding specific items gets even harder.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

One of the voice lines is "Watch out for Bears"

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Qmass posted:

these gunsmith quests are hosed up

I am not a gun guy cause we can't own any cool ones here so I dunno wtf is going on with all the poo poo you put on them in this game. So I need to look it up or I will never be able to do them but it seems like battlestate go online every couple weeks, see if anyone has made a loadout to complete one, then change the requirements to be slightly below just to gently caress with people.

Gunsmith pt 3 - as in multiple videos from 3 weeks ago and the tarkov wiki are all out dated already. ffffffffff

I don't think they change the quest, I think they nerf the items that people are using to complete the quest without thinking about how it affects the quests.

They just don't give a poo poo about the current state of quests.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Pharmaskittle posted:

am I wrong to think upgrading your stash size looks like a huge waste of resources? it's one extra row lol I think I'll keep my 3 million rubles and materials

Level 4 stash is loving enormous compared to level 1 (like 3 times larger).
I initially bought the standard edition and when I upgraded to EOD it felt like I was scrolling forever to get to the bottom of my stash.

"So much room for activities"

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

There are some FIR food items you should be saving from the beginning that you'll need for quests.

Tushonka cans, big and small. (you'll need 2 big and 15 small ones for quests)
Both kinds of Croutons (for quests and crafting)
Lunch Box MREs (you'll need 2 FIR and 2 others for quests)
Squash (to make Tushonkas and MREs)

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Is the in game weather still keyed to the current weather is some real world location?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Just an FYI for the new guys.

Once you hit level 20 (or are getting close to it) start doing the gunsmith quest, with level 2 trades to can complete most of them and they give a bunch of bitcoins as rewards, you’ll come out a few million rubles ahead.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

FileNotFound posted:

My own theory is too much vodka.

This is the best theory for everything BSG does.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Does anyone know how... like... dying works?

My buddies and I got in to a firefight with Reshala and his guards, I got hosed up by the last guard but managed to kill him. My head and limbs were blacked out but I survived and healed up everything but my head, fixed bleeds etc.
Then I got up walked around the gas station went to loot my kill and as I knelt down, I died.

Is there anything I could have done to prevent this? or is there just a chance of dying when your head is blacked like that? Would I have stayed alive if I hadn't looted?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

If everything is blacked and you take any damage it will kill you, is the short version. If your stomach gets blacked you lose energy/hydration really fast so you might have healed up, then run out of energy or hydration and died from that.

I was green on every other part of my body, I used up a full CMS kit and a Salewa to get back to full health. There was no barbed wire or anything (it was right outside the front door of the gas station), and I wasn't dehydrated or hungry, the only active effect I had was pain medication.

Edit: on the post game screen it said I was killed by the guard that I was trying to loot.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Bussamove posted:

Honestly it sounds like you got tapped by a guard you missed.

We had the place cleared out for awhile, and the guy who it said killed me (one of the Zavodskoy guys) was on my kill list, so he's the guy I killed in the firefight that got me all hosed up in the first place.

My friends said that if you're at 0 on head and/or chest there's just a chance you die but I don't know if that's true, or if certain activities (like crouching to loot) trigger a check or if there's a timer, or if there was something I could do to prevent it. I probably spent 5 minutes on the floor of the station burning through every piece of medical gear I had to make sure I cleared all my conditions, and I know I've extracted with 0 on my torso before.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

The Elcans work with night vision and can be mounted on the AKM.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I've been told that Cheeki Breeki is the Russian equivalent to "Ready or not here I come"

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Yeah the VSS was such a ridiculously good gun and the low durability was supposed to be the balancing factor. Then they just nerfed it.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

giZm posted:

Started as USEC this wipe for easier rando PMC befriending through voice lines, but switched to BEAR after 2 weeks because of the different starting gear. It's just so, so much easier for BEARs to find good ammo for their AKs on the maps, which is really helpful in the early levels.
Can't wait for Broken English BEAR voice.

Started as USEC, lost all my starting M4s before I ran out of ammunition for them, switched to AKs.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

When we play scavs as a group my friend likes to follow one person around and keep spamming the voice commands like he's telling them a really long story.
He calls it roleplaying as the annoying coworker scav.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

The Clap posted:

My go-to loot runs lately have been throwing on an Alpha rig, looting OLI and taking the backpackless extract on interchange. 12 minutes max, sometimes over 400k+ profit.

The main thing is Water Filters - they sell for over 100k a pop right now and there’s tons of places they can spawn inside OLI. Motors, Tubes, Propane and all those tool-related things will get you plenty of cash too.

I did a scav run on Interchange with a buddy and we found 6 water filters in the back of OLI, then i got killed with 1 second left to extract.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Is it economical to buy the mats off the flea market and make fuel in your toilet?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Trump posted:

Speaking of flea market. I hit 10 this weekend and finally feel like the game is opening up a bit for me. Access to better ammo and the ability to tune the weapons (i still mostly use found AKs) a bit is great.

But what helmets would you guy recommend for in the cheap to mid-budget range?

ssh-68, aka the Penis Helmet is super good for the price. It's only class 3 but it it has a high ricochet chance, which has saved me many many times. I use it unless I need a helmet with optics mounts until I can afford the expensive T4+ helmets.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Qmass posted:

so the latest raid episode has a conspicuously giant wall map... might be a new level or part of one

I think that's just a cropped portion of the customs map. The area around RUAF roadblock

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I suspect there's something shady going on with those 6B rigs.
If they're on the Flea, then they must have been picked up from scav or raiders in game, I can probably count on one hand the number of regular scavs I've seen wearing them so they must be coming from raiders, and if you're killing raiders then why would you pick up a twelve slot item that only sells for <30k?

That doesn't mean you shouldn't take advantage of the situation and get some cheap armor.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Last year they talked about updating the armor system to account for blunt force. So even if a bullet didn’t penetrate the armor it would still apply some sort of damage effect. Haven’t heard anything about that for awhile though.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Well it really does effect you more then rich players. You probably won't be able to get 850k easily if you find a tetris. That impacts you a lot more then people who already are getting 2.4m a day for just logging on.

It would be so much better if they just decoupled bitcoins from the real world price. Or changed the spawn/barter/generation rates as the price fluctuates.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Streets is also supposed to contain Labs, as in you will have to load into Streets and make your way to the labs entrance with a keycard in order to get to the second map. It's the first step to their open world.
It sounds like it's going to be horrible in the most hilarious ways possible.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I like the idea that the bitcoin farm is kinda a gamble. They should change it to key the prices on something else other than real world BC prices. Ideally something in game. Then the prices could be kept under control and people could speculate on their value.

Also if you grind for rep/quests/unlocks or you grind for roubles, it's still a grind, you're still putting in the hours so I don't give a poo poo which way you get your gear as long as it's not through cheating or RMT.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

You'd think that with the amount of money they've made on this game they would hire at least one english-speaking person to re-write all the Google translated nonsense in the quests. Half the time I just straight up have to look the missions up because the descriptions are just complete word salad and the objectives aren't clear.

They keep claiming that they're going to completely re-do all the quests and the system itself in the future so they aren't gong to bother to re-translate the current ones.

Will that actually happen? Who knows?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I honestly can't tell if this is a gimmick or not. So... bravo.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

A buddy of mine doesn't play hardcore but he does play without using the flea market at all. It says it makes the game much more interesting for him.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

WHoops. double post.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

What do they mean “by yourself” is it going to be single player content or solo drop only?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

damnit, why did my gaming PC have to die the week of the patch. Hopefully it will be back by the weekend.