Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
lol the bot's broke, rest in pepperonis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
...does that mean you guys are going to mask people waiting in the auth channel, or...?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
i mean, you can find slick plates and other goodies in stashes... and a lot of guides recommend newbies go for stashes...

SOMEBODY AUTH US WE ARE DYING IN HERE

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Yerok posted:

Just saw cultists on night factory for the first time, one of them ran up to bridge and stabbed my buddy in the back. Wish they had a higher spawn chance.

i've gotta say, when I came back to playing tarkov again, I didn't know cultists were a thing

my first encounter with them was... very memorable. lets just say I was making GBS threads my pants the entire time, complete with me staring down the cultist leader and losing my poo poo when I tried to ADS to shoot him, -AND HE loving DISAPPEARED-. For some reason, I couldn't see him with NVGs when ADSing (I know they're somewhat invisible to thermals, so I don't know why it worked on NVGs too).

didn't know tarkov was a horror game

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Yeah, looks like we've sorted out some of the masks. Now I just have to find some time to raid with some goons. I haven't done many raids in this wipe...

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Any tricks for recovering Fence rep?

stop the scav on scav violence

you get .01 every time you extract as a scav. you get a big bundle of rep taking car extracts as a PMC, or doing the scav/PMC coop extracts. starts at .25 rep for the first time done, cut in half each time you do it until its .01. Each extract is tracked separately, so you can get .25 once on Interchange, Forest, and Customs car extracts for a huge head start on scav rep.

You get scav quests when you first build your hideout's intelligence center, which are done on your scav and give rep.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

What's the lowest SCAV spawn timer you can get?

For whatever reason, I find playing as a SCAV almost more fun than a PMC. There's just something cool about being the underdog.

Its fun loading up and finding out the crazy loadout your scav's got.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Honestly, Interchange Scav run, and hit up Rasmussen, Texho, and Techlight. I don't think I've found less than 1 spark plug every time. People seem to just leave them behind.

On the flip side, spawned into a scav raid with a salt and immediately bolted for the extract. Jesus, what a PITA item. Missing that annoying TNT brick too.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

yeah ok I complain about no bricks and then this loving happens

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

man there are so many cheaters this wipe

it's almost as if the devs pretty much made the game absolutely dogshit by trying to remove cheaters and all it did was result in people needing to cheat to have fun, or legitimate players quitting

hmmmmm

lol

lmao

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
there's a lot of guides on youtube about how to tackle the rogues, though I personally have used the way I've seen Pestily do it, approaching from the northeast along the fence, which lets you run basically all the way up to the warehouse before any rogues aggro on you, then just clearing rooftops that way

i've done it a fair bit on my scav even

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
yo somebody auth me in Discord cuz I fuckin left the server accidentally

this isn't even the first time this has happened i think

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Kazinsal posted:

Flea market. 180k for a 100/100.

It's generally easiest to do a scav run or two and turn that into rubles and turn the rubles into a day's worth of gas, unless you have Streamer Server luck and can magically loot five billion rubles worth of poo poo off the dumbest scavs and players known to mankind in a single raid.

you can buy 1 every reset for 168k roubles straight from jaeger lv2 (which unlocks the same time as flea)
so unless you can find the barter pieces for less than that, might as well buy it there

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
once you unlock the workbench, you should be able to go into the modding screen and be able to see what parts of the gun can be swapped around, and if you have any of those parts in your inventory too

then you can start building guns you'll never use because you spent too much time and money modding the gun that your gear fear tells you that you need to save the gun for... later. and then it sits in your stash forever

not speaking from experience of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Meh, at least he's finally caved. That's a step better than quite a few companies that double down for eternity or just go completely radio silent and ghost everyone.

Still not sure about the items added, though. They seem kinda crazy if they work how it sounds.