Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

FileNotFound posted:

Upcoming patch - ETA Next week - actually doesn't look terrible:

Rain sound is now 30% quieter
Reduced Strength and Endurance bonuses
Adjusted player spawns on Customs

These three items alone have me really excited for the patch release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

Malefitz posted:

I got mine for the quests mostly from spawning as a scav and having one of them in my inventory but since then I also find them semi regularly in filing cabinets.
The Tushonkas also took me forever, I wish they would increase spawn rates of these as they gate a lot of content behind them.

The small tushonkas (Where you need 15 for "General wares") can be crafted in the hideout so that's not too bad.

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

ShowTime posted:

Is MIA the trick to "getting out alive"? I dunno. If it is, holy gently caress, that's a huge overlook.

No, going MIA is much like death, you lose all items that aren't in your secure container (or in a slot that can't be looted, like compass, melee weapon and armband). The important difference is that when going MIA, you won't even get stuff back from insurance! So if you are certain to not make it out in time, you should drop all your insured gear to get it back.

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

I can completely understand being overly cautious when doing "Delivery from the past". Most (all?) other quests only require you to do one map again (and again and again), but when you fail the factory part, you need to go back to customs and extract alive to have another shot at completing the quest.

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

explosivo posted:

Another question; are people generally told to use a map to find where loot is before learning where everything is? I'm finding it hard to figure out where I should be going when I'm dropped into a game and once I'm looking for loot unless I see big obvious crates I feel like I am missing out on a lot of stuff just lying around.

I really want to like this game I'm just so bad at it :sigh:

A map on a second screen helps if you are just starting. You should make learning the spawnpoints and exits a priority and ignore looting on your PMC until you are comfortable moving around.

Do your scav run as often as possible (Every 20 minutes when you are just starting out) to learn maps. Scavs tend to load in later in the raid with most of the sweatlords gone already and not having to worry as much about other players. As a scav you start every raid neutral to AI scavs (except for bosses) and as long as you don't initiate hostile actions, AI will leave you alone. Player scavs also in general won't shoot if you wiggle at them (Press "A" and "E" repeatedly).

By doing the scav runs you keep up cashflow and can learn about the map layouts without the constant stress of a PMC raid.

What helps is to define an objective for your PMC runs, like you did with the Jaeger task. Don't try to stay in raid as long as possible, get to your objective, get to extract, loot on the way, don't make detours to loot. (You need to be in raid 7 minutes or have gained I think 250 XP so the raid counts as "survived" so keep that in mind). After a while you will learn the spots that are contested (like Dorms on Customs, Sawmill on Woods, Resort on Shoreline etc) which again will help with surviving.

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

hello internet posted:

Holy crap that's a lot of good stuff. Is this just an event or is it a feature of the game now?

The airdrops are here to stay, at least according to Pestily. But they already seem to have turned down the frequency, earlier there were 2 drops in 1 raid, now I had a couple of raids without any drop.

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

Yes, queue is new to relieve server stress. The timeframe displayed is very unreliable though, I had it earlier at 35 minutes at around position 9500 but got it way faster (like less than 2 minutes).

Also I just now learned that you can right click on the traders messages and "delete dialog", removing them from the list. This seems to make it way easier to see if there's actually something new. Very cool.

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

pnutz posted:

I read it as the bunker door on the west side of the mountain (usually just ammo and loose loot) but scav bunker's much more sensible. it even has a high-value spawn in the bunker iirc

The bunker door in the mountain (near the sniper Scav/Mountain Stash Exfil) also has multiple high-value spawns, I found multiple gold chains, Rolers and a Bitcoin inside.

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Oh right, it's not much though right? I read it was easier to use the paid for exfils.

It's 0.01 per succesful extract. In comparison, you get 0.25 for using each car extract the first time, halved each time you use it.

quote:

I'm actually in the negative right now because I've panicked a few times and not been able to tell the difference between AI and players. Welp.

You also aren't allowed to kill player Scavs without provocation. Only PMCs and player Scavs who previously shot at another Scav are fair game.

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

Shumagorath posted:

Glad to hear that glitch remains unpatched.

What is the glitch?

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

Jakosa posted:

I'm doing the "find morphine" quest for therapist and I'm a little surprised that the "find morphine in raid" part counts if you find it on a scav run.

For the turn-in quests it just matters that the item has the "Found in raid" tag, which it can have from being found in raid (doesn't matter if PMC or Scav), crafted in hideout or even as part of a scav box return.

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

They're saying it's unsustainable for them, hosting servers etc for the PVE mode, but they could just make it so the loving group leader in coop hosts the game.

It may be a bit more cheater friendly but it's PVE anyway so it's kind loving pointless either way and just seems like another bullshit excuse to me.

I wish there would still be a wider support for dedicated servers a'la Half-Life 1 / Counterstrike 1 that you could either run on your pc or on a VPS somewhere. But I guess since companies then can't monetize continued access that train has left the station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

Jakosa posted:

Are you talking about PVE servers? Because right now they provide servers for PVP without additional monetization if you just buy the standard edition.

Yes, for the new PvE mode. They said they can't give it to EoD users right now because it would overload their servers. If they released a dedicated server that problem would most certainly go away.