Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
After years of watching people play EFT, I got into the cheater-free version a couple of months ago. It's challenging but fun.

Anyway, I did a scav run on Factory the other day and was very confused because I keep hearing gunfire but it's coming from outside the map. Then I get sprayed and killed by a guy I can't see, and it sounds like he was on the other side of a thick concrete wall so now I'm absolutely lost. I get out of the raid and 5 minutes later I realize I had my headphones on backwards IRL.

I'm also 75% convinced that the game trolls you based on active tasks. Almost every Customs raid, snipers out the rear end and Reshala hanging out at old gas. Now I have quests to kill his guards and kill sniper scavs and it's just crickets.

Question for other SPTarkov players, has anyone else experienced Cultists being extremely passive even after being engaged? I've only seen them twice and both times they just seemed like they couldn't be bothered aside from one of the priests stabbing me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Using SAIN I've definitely seen a variety, not just overall behavior but some bots are less responsive/accurate while others will just 180 insta head,eyes you. It seems to accurately model the randomness or variety of live in that I've had several firefights where I knew I had no excuse for winning, but I've also put several rounds of buckshot into a PMC AI's exposed face at point blank range and I may as well have been sneezing. It's also crazy how strong headsets are ingame, I feel like as a scav the only audio cue I get from PMCs is the sound of them firing the bullets that are killing me. Then again I'm also bad at video games, so :shrug:

Vorenus fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 24, 2024

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
MoreCheckmarks is a godsend, my only problem is I'll grab the item for a barter and then get back to trader screen and it's a Therapist barter that also needs like 50 LEDX or something dumb.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Arrath posted:

Given the date I don't know if I trust you

It's true. The April Fools' Joke was the early release manual install option from yesterday that including things like randomly spawned Claymores :3:

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
I saw the thread blew up and was definitely not expecting...whatever the gently caress this is. I just really hope Questing Bots gets updated before any potential fuckery happens. :pray:

They could have offered gold weapon skins for $500 a la :pgi: and it would have gone over better. It's actually very impressive in a terrible way.

e: used the power of google to answer my own question

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Eat The Rich posted:

All the mods I've seen posted are really good recommendations, but they all miss one very VERY VERY important mod: Amands Goofy Sounds. This lets you change all the voicelines for bots. It comes with some good stuff but I've been adding a ton random sound clips. It's definitely my favorite mod and not in the SPT hub for some reason. It totally works with every version of SPT as well.

Escape From Tarkov: CHEEKI BREEKI edition.

Depending on how contextual bot voicelines are the possibilities are endless with this.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Durendal posted:

How are you guys even downloading the questing bots? I keep getting a temp site that doesn't list every time I try.

https://github.com/dwesterwick/SPTQuestingBots/releases/tag/0.5.0 :3:

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Yeah, /bepinex mods are client-side and /user mods are server-side. Some are both. Anything in /user only I would expect would only be needed by the hosting player but I'm also not an expert.

It's always depressing as a scav to get the drop on a PMC and absolutely smoke them except they're wearing tier 6 armor and a Killa helmet so your homemade frozen piss ammo does absolutely nothing and then they inject your forehead with a single round of top-tier ammo.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
I would check out the instructions on the Github

In short it looks like the mods need to be in the SIT directory but it also looks to be much more complicated than that.

There's also this repository of info

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Happy to help! You may need to use the specific mod versions on the SIT-mod github if you're not already doing so, at least that's the impression I get from a quick read of it.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Herstory Begins Now posted:

man i do not get the appeal of gray zone, poo poo just looks so boring

I've been thinking the same thing. People calling it a Tarkov killer but BSG will kill Tarkov long before GZW is any threat to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

if an extraction shooter isn't structured in such a way that I can literally enter the game with my primary plan being "get some lightbulbs and a couple cans of meat and kill anyone that tries to stop me" then why am I even playing?

It's amazing how many of us just want to play Supermarket Sweep but with guns.