Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
audio design is my passion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I was playing the single player tarkov mod on a whim earlier and with the default settings the AI pmcs are actually so cracked that it's harder than regular tarkov lmao

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

rap music posted:

i have had more than one run with multiple flash drives by hitting safes and filing cabinets
I've gotten 2 flash drives in filing cabinets already this wipe and I've basically been playing just one day

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
is there still a bug where buckshot pellet spread is a lot bigger unless you're using a saiga because only the saiga does not have swappable barrels and as a result does not have a spread multiplier attached to barrels like the others do

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

pov you are looting cabinets in current wipe

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

👍

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Stux posted:

ice cream cones? you can make them in level 2 lavatory
I still don't have level 1 lavatory because I can't find toothpaste

local PMC absolutely unable to take a poo poo

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I hit stashes all the time on every map I go on. still absolutely cannot take a dump

have gotten like 5 flash drives this wipe so far though

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
the best way to find both of those right now is just looting lots of cabinets

e: it's finally time to poo poo

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jul 17, 2021

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
tfw you spend like $200 on a headset and then can't hear someone because they walked up stairs in tarkov

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Kikas posted:

Has anyone else been encountering more and more "Anticheat connection failed" errors this wipe? I swear, almost every time I go out as a Scav it's like 10 minutes on the dot before I get one. I even switched ISPs for a bit to check if it was that but nope, still disconnects into game crashes all day.
have never gotten this error any wipe

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
ultra medical storage key is pretty good huh

e: I'm now 2 for 2 on finding ledx in there

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jul 22, 2021

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I feel like some backpacks are ludicrously large considering how easy it is to get overburdened atm

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

rap music posted:

pretty wild how often i hear rounds shredding the other side of the wall I'm standing next to on reserve
reserve and resort on shoreline are the two places I most often have people sprinting towards the location that I'm hiding at(crouched in a corner in a spot with no loot, not making any sound and waiting for people to leave) and throwing grenades at my hiding spot. these gamers must have really good intuition

Kikas posted:

EDIT: Also funny how it directly counters the "camp on shelf" strat someone posted yesterday :v:
you just put an aquamari in your secure container

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Stux posted:

how many eod playeres do you think unlocked epsilon and already sold it
including players who will reach that level, not many

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
noooo you don't understand it's part of the experience, you need to be miserable running into stacks all day long as a solo or it's not real tarkov

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Mae posted:

Give me revolvers in every caliber
give me vastly improved blunt trauma when people's helmets get shot square on, that poo poo should not get shrugged off

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
e: thanks internet for double post

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Feb 23, 2022

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

Why bother having helmets then?
be a bit less likely to die?

I'm not saying you would fall over instantly from getting tapped in the head with a pistol round, I'm saying the blunt force damage should be more than 1. Ought to be at least kind of a threat to HP and probably have worse debuffs associated with it.

Idiot Doom Spiral posted:

Why? Conservation of momentum says they shouldn’t feel much more than the shooter did (less by the numbers, but obviously the dome is a bit leveraged). Why would that do more than it does now?
That's not really how it works. In real life, skull fractures and brain injuries on soldiers wearing bulletproof helmets are pretty common. And there is significant energy transfer from just pistol rounds hitting helmets.

There's a different medical paper I can't read because it's paywalled and also in german, but it contains the following fun abstract:

quote:

With respect to wound ballistics, the situation is different if the person wearing a military helmet suffers head injuries from a bullet. The mechanisms of injury were investigated in four experimental series and supplemented by a case history. The study showed surprising results: in the majority of cases, the helmet does not protect the wearer, but instead intensifies the damage caused by the bullet. The reasons for this phenomena are changes in the stability of the projectile and deformation of or damage to the bullet. All of these mechanisms result in the bullet striking the tissue with higher energy. In this investigation, Kevlar helmets were also tested, which are not penetrated by 9 X 19 mm parabellum bullets. Even so, however, severe injuries of the skull and brain can occur because the projectile causes intensified impressions on the skull under the helmet and, in addition, an acceleration of the head.
You're not a-ok just because a round didn't penetrate your helmet, it's a lot more complicated than that.

More significantly(because it doesn't require anything complicated and is just a misrepresentation of equipment), stuff like the maska/altyn can take lots of rifle rounds in tarkov just fine, requiring you to go for the pricy stuff to penetrate it, but the real thing is not at all rated to take rifle rounds and they'll just go right through it... which makes sense, because they're rated GOST 2-which means they're only considered proper protection against like, soviet era pistol cartridges.

And realism aside, just for gameplay reasons if another player manages to land multiple shots square on your head, you shouldn't be basically fine. They've outplayed you to a pretty substantial degree if they manage to unload many rounds from a full auto pistol into your head at close range.

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 23, 2022

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

ChesterJT posted:

Oh wait, is it actually awesome and we are the ones who are wrong?
I mean the way that sound just gets cut off in some areas like stairways depending on where you are is bad for sure

one of the worst things about the game alongside right peeks vs left peeks

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
yes, it is. the data of your inventory is sent to other players(basically as a big .json file along with other stuff iirc, which is part of why performance gets so bad with a lot of players) and so it's not hard for cheaters to tell what other players have.

not sure if it still exists but at some point it was possible for cheaters to loot items directly out of living player's inventories. so you could just have stuff vanish from your bag midraid

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Tibbeh posted:

I guess I'm one of the few weirdos who loves pre-flea market time when all you have is a double barrel and a dream. Fights feel super satisfying when you punch well above your weight
true, but only if (most)other players aren't insanely geared compared to you.

if you enter a wipe near the end it's pretty bonkers in a not good way

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

hello internet posted:

For the most part. Landmvrk, Klean, and DeadlySlob are solid as well
I'm going to add that Smoke is also very good(and has a nice chill personality), though he plays other games like DayZ pretty frequently so he's not always gonna be on tarkov.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
can't believe they took so long to do these recoil changes. it feels so fuckin good and anyone who turns around and starts saying full auto is too good or utters the phrase "laser beam" should be thrown out the airlock

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I like shoreline, but I basically never go to resort and I just wander around in mostly empty areas hitting caches and stuff

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Tibbeh posted:

Tarkov but it's STALKER would own honestly
I have been saying this for years. also emissions would be a much cooler/more flavorful reason to have raid timers than just "you went MIA"

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Aexo posted:

Or you could just... not buy it?
no poo poo man. hey, here's a thought: maybe you could just... stop fellating a company that is being hilariously greedy and lovely towards their userbase?

no idea what bootlickers like you get out of playing defense for the worst business practices in the games industry. it comes up every time a company pulls some poo poo and it's baffling every time.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Aexo posted:

My only complaint with the PvE price tag is it would be difficult to convince a new player to go all in so you could play PvE together.
you have terminal brain damage

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

and if we're REALLY lucky that one won't also be a roguelike deckbuilder with meta progression
whoa there bud, don't think that ultra-specific axe needs any more grinding

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I think a lot of people wanted it to be more like CS, to be honest.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
having a slower paced tactical shooter style arena mode sounds way better than making it like CoD lol

though of course the ideal tarkov arena would have been no tarkov arena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
no, it's just like any other FPS except you've got a janky inventory/equip system minus all the things that people like about tarkov itemization, and all of tarkov's netcode+hit detection jank without any of the game loop that makes people put up with that stuff