Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

ShowTime posted:

How's the hacking? Still problematic? I heard the release date went really, really well, with like no issues.

they've added sanity checks and are actively stopping ways to cheat the game

it's far better than it's ever been, they're actually pushed a fix semi recently to combat lagswitchers and easy aimers that is so rigorous it can affect normal people's hit reg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

ShowTime posted:

If you haven't tried the vector, I highly recommend trying it. Stick a suppressor on it, bring at least 5 big stick 9x19 magazines and go to town. You don't need a laser sight on it and you almost don't need a sight. I hipfired 80% of my targets. I've gotten pretty good at hipfiring and the vector is a weapon made for it. By the time your opponent can ADS you just put 10 bullets into their body.

just wanna add something: if you EVER die because you stopped shooting because you thought the target should've/did die and you only considered this because your ammo is too expensive, you need to downgrade to a subtier of ammo

pst gzh isn't even that bad, or just make yourr first 5-10 bullets ap6.13 and the rest pst gzh if you're poor, you should always magdump people

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

https://streamable.com/fc8ppv

i just go here, afk till i hear footsteps, tab back in, and get a kill

extract and repeat, it's just infinite money

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

you can't just get kills without a vector

think about it if you stand across from a vector in an open corridor its going to out dps you :pensive:

:smith:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

why more people don't use shotguns with fuckshot is beyond me

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

wew labs is unplayably filled with hackers, 6 games out of 12 with BLATANT cheaters, not even just suspicious deaths, but the ones where you just know

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

FileNotFound posted:

The price of the key isn't really even a factor unless you're hatchet running labs. Loot of a single raider can cover the entire cost of the keycard - if you can get it out.

is is totally untrue, most raiders don't drop enough loot to cover the cost of a keycard, the vast majority don't actually.

some do, that's for sure, but 70%+ don't.

FileNotFound posted:

The bigger issue than the key card is that insurance does not work on labs.

this only matters if your gear is inordinately expensive, which it shouldn't be. high end armor is highly overrated when a rat laying down with flechette can kill you in 3 shots no matter your armor.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Malefitz posted:

Which 12ga ammo do you usually use for your shotgun pvp and in which situations?

I had quite a bit of fun using magnum buckshot in an MP153 on factory outside of the office area. I was pushing other peoples fights or lying down in the half-open container looking at the first gate 3 door.
But now I need to do the secured perimeter factory office PMC kills and when I'm in heated combat my shots usually gravitate towards the torso of my enemies. Was thinking of switching to flechette because of this 3 shot kill property on any armor. Is it worth it?

It totally depends on your circumstance. Flechette is better at ranges simply because the hostile effective hitbox (anywhere) is larger than the Magnum's effective hitbox (unarmored areas). Magnum is also only effective when you can see their feet, because feet/leg/cock shots are the only real effective way to use Magnum ammo. I prefer Flechette on labs because

1) lots of people use T4 armor, which Flechette pens right through
2) there are many angles where I may be unable to shoot the legs (lots of easy cover)
3) it's a lot easier to stunlock raiders with thorax/headshots, so it reduces your chance of dying (even though it damages the armor)
4) I usually play with a friend, so fighting the same 'hp pool' ie both of us aiming to kill the hostile in the same location works better and is slightly more effective.

magnum pros:
you don't shoot into armor (basically ignoring it), and doesn't damage armor from the people you kill (almost a 1 shot TTK)
biggest damage per left click in the game (8x50=400 damage)
two pellets in any body part will black it, a single pellet in the head will kill someone (unarmored)

magnum cons:
you NEED to shoot the feet of an unarmored player or hit 6 shots on a paca
+100% recoil, Flechette doesn't have this. it's mandatory to throw a thromix on your barrel

Flechette pros:
3 shots is enough to go through any armor, including class 6. penetrates straight through class 4 (pretty much all faceshields except for the altyn face shield btw ;) )
can shoot anywhere on the hostile to be effective
works good in situations with teammates as a couple of pellets can downgrade t6 armor to effectively t5 allowing teammates to penetrate it

Flechette cons:
higher TTK if hostile has t5+ armor
can't one pellet black legs, can't one pellet headshot

Magnum is amazing, but ya just gotta have the right angles and situations, like that spool en route to d2 extract (if you know, you know)

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Feb 24, 2021

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

TheTofuShop posted:

1001ADs preferred method of playing tarkov is exit camping while lag switching, please ignore them.

yes, ignore the guy with over 40k shotgun kills, makes sense

if you want you can contest a single point above instead of silly character assassination, but i know you can't so you won't

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

FileNotFound posted:

I don't disagree with your post about shotguns. I just wish you weren't here. Both this forum and game. You cheat in pvp multiplayer games and brag about it.

sucks for you, abusing bugs and exploits in shittily made games is totally a-ok in my book, not only that but everyone should strive to exploit the gently caress out of incompetent developers

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

The Clap posted:

I dont see how cheating in a video game means you're "exploiting the gently caress out of incompetent developers". They're unaffected - you're just being a cheating loser, ruining the game for other players.

If that's the bullshit you tell yourself to make yourself feel better while you're being a cheating little cretin, by all means go for it, but just know that it doesnt make any loving sense lmao

if i can write a 2 line .bat script that fundamentally breaks the game, it's not me, it's the games' fault.

Mischievous Mink posted:

It sucks for everyone playing the game but you, who btw also suck.

i'm actually a god gamer

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

El Jebus posted:

We found the guy that doesn't put the cart back in the parking lot stalls.

i actually do this, sorry

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

The Clap posted:

the game didn't make you a prick, you were already a prick before you started playing.

i don't deny i'm a prick, i am a selfish gamer and only play games to help me and my friends to the detriment of all the plebian masses who still use """"""""rifles""""""""" instead of shotguns

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Ice Fist posted:

I actually think your general game advice is pretty good duder, but holy gently caress this is a lovely hill to die on.

vov some people like to bring it up every time i make a post, i'm just here to disseminate information to the poor goons who ask for advice.

i never deny it, some people are just obsessed with me it seems

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Lorem ipsum posted:

Please apply some empathy points towards tipping your uber drivers and I can live with this horrible take

hmmm,,, okay i think i will take this under advisement

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Am I just an oddball or does magnum to the face always work. If they have a visor you need multiple shots regardless.

buckshot in general works relatively well in general against armor, because of the fact it's so many individual pellets that all have a minimum amount of damage they can cause

but i still wouldn't shoot a visor with magnum, it'll always take more than it takes to shoot them in the legs (and the legs are a much larger hitbox).

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Umbreon posted:

Shrap10 is 8x87 damage

yeah, but semi-auto. mp-153 does far more dps and you aren't horribly punished for a miss.

the ks is a mostly ineffective gun, which is why i left it out. GL's are also higher damage than magnum, but i also didn't consider that

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Umbreon posted:

As you can literally one tap people in the legs from 25m away with it, I wouldn't consider it ineffective. It's all I run now because of how unanimously effective it is on anyone no matter what they're wearing. DPS isn't a concern when you only need one shot, and because you can load flashbang rounds, you often have plenty of time for more than one shot.

I'm actually pretty surprised you think it's ineffective considering how often you use shotguns.

it always depends, but i've always found the mp-153 is far superior, far more noob friendly, and just more consistent overall

against any decent person if you don't kill the first shot you're done for, and if you get the drop on someone the mp-153 is almost always better since you can get 2-3 shots off (far more damage) before they can even react.

also you need level 3 brapor and they're over twice the cost for the gun

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Ixtlilton posted:

If everyone who's posted in this thread votes can we just get him threadbanned?

i've been nothing but respectful and helpful to everyone ITT unless called out by weird obsessed people

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

El Jebus posted:

I'm in. If you cheat you should be shamed out of the community until you change your ways.

if it matters it was fixed months ago

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

LGD posted:

lol

the scav case remains extremely good

probably because btc farming is absurdly overpowered rn, inflation is huge and the cost of scav case hasn't been manually set to compensate

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

the announced the last wipe 1 day before it happened, so you know. they used to give a few weeks/months of warning.

oddly enough some streamers have inside info and lvndmark said it was gonna wipe christmas eve like two weeks in advance

so you can kind of know if you're in the loop

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

nothing is more satisfying than smoking some unsuspecting fully decked out chad after you've been laying down for 15 minutes watching netflix and only tabbed in because you heard him running towards your trap

https://streamable.com/fc8ppv

https://streamable.com/muj5g4

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 27, 2021

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Bucnasti posted:

and if you're killing raiders then why would you pick up a twelve slot item that only sells for <30k?

it's also a 12 slot item that can hold 12 slots of items, and if you have nothing else big to put in your rear end it's a free 30k if it's full of 1 or 2 slot items

armored rigs tend to be cheaper for that reason, a lot more reasons to pick them up

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

bird cooch posted:

A lot of these lobbies I look like one of only a few people who isn't running an edge of darkness account. Is that just my lobbies or is that just kind of the general state of the game?

edge of darkness provides a massive advantage to the average player, i wouldn't say a majority have it but a very sizable chunk does.

it's also a bias since people who spend $130 are more likely to continue playing than those that just spend $30

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

FileNotFound posted:

Nah - labs isn't the land of free loot for chads that you think it is.

labs is by far the most consistent money maker for good players, but only after a large cheater banwave

this game has a MASSIVE cheater problem, at least half of my labs deaths are from blatant cheaters (not just getting owned, but like speeding around the corner and killing your 3 stack)

that being said, i still net money running labs all day

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

as for changes, remove FiR market restriction, restrict accounts under level 25 from* being able to sell on the flea, remove the bitcoin farm and you've made the game 20x healthier

oh, and make it so you can only buy the cheapest item on the market at any given time, basically fixing market based rmt

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 29, 2021

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

wearables should bypass fir restriction at the very least

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Cage Kicker posted:

Someone who barely plays absolutely shouldn't be able to go toe to toe with someone putting in the work.

absolutely wrong, the game is fundamentally a skill based game, a good player should always have a major advantage over a bad one all else being the same.

grinding should simply make things more affordable, not unlock battle changing items/gear that others who've not put the time in could never acquire

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

they should rework the bitcoin into some socialist UBI thing where it's a relatively small amount of money (30-70k a day) but only needs to be touched weekly to get all the gains from. it should be super easy to acquire and should be an easy, constant source of a little money so casuals can actually acquire some key items that allow them to bridge the gear gap.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

making the hideout super powerful was a big mistake

game was better last year

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

punishing players for being higher level via increased costs is actually stupid, investing time into the game shouldn't penalize you.

reworking bitcoin to be an easy to attain low cost small passive income source, removing FiR restrictions for wearables, equipment, and ammo for the flea market, and reworking the fleamarket slightly (only allowing people to buy the cheapest of an item, removing barters, and restricting selling to 25) would make the new players' experience far better whilst combatting rmt equally effectively.

there are already guns that are insanely cost effective that new players can rely on in niche environments to prey on 'the good players', so it's not like they need more tools, just remove some of the massive advantages that players who grind traders and levels.

oh and adding in a guild system that allows free trading between guild members (with restrictions in order to fight RMTers) would also be huge for newer and shittier players.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Orv posted:

As good as the Hunter can be I don't feel like that's gonna play ball against regular squads of dudes tricked out in level 5/6 stuff with 60 round laser guns but I'll give it a go. Definitely having to relearn a lot of stuff at the moment.

your goal with an ambush playstyle isn't to take a squad of dudes head on, it's to get cheese kills in situations where you're advantaged. it's hard to kill a squad of 4 even geared, the point is the hunter is less than a tenth of the investment, and you don't have to leave with the gear to have a good time, you can always zonk 1 guy out of 5 and just leave and enjoy that you ruined one guy's day.

i would also consider the mp-153 for close range situations, either magnum buckshot for leg meta or flechette for standard head/thorax

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

the bitcoin trash definitely ruined this wipe, i'd highly recommend not burning yourself out playing this wipe in it's lovely state and waiting for the next one.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

yeah if you're a conservative ambush player you shouldn't ever have monetary issues even being a below average player, comtacs, and a cheap SKS/hunter/mp153/AK can easily kill people before they can react to you

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

sum posted:

I don't understand why people are so negative towards proximity chat. There's massive incentives for killing other players and not giving your position away so I doubt there'll be epic memelords blasting hard bass in every lobby or whatever

b!tchmade babbies literally afraid of words despite them being able to mute it

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

hakimashou posted:

It's also true that the "twitch" "TTV" site all the streamers use is a major source of money for the most despicable kind of people:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/27/technology/twitch-livestream-extremists.html

this has the same energy as 90s parents not letting their kids play DnD because it's satanic and summons demons

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

also i discovered a cool zero recoil bug in tarky, gonna abuse it and make a montage.

as far as i know zero people know about it so

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

ShowTime posted:

I heard both Pestily and Klean talking about it separately. Klean kind of accidentally showed it off on stream but I wasn't paying attention. I'm assuming what you are talking about is what they are calling the ergonomics glitch.

no it's completely separate, it's straight up an animation glitching zero recoil/weapon sway thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

finally got my memory based radar working flawlessly, really inefficient though.

if i can do it, i bet 15% of players yall see literally cheat