Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Started playing with a pal on Saturday and on a scav run yesterday we asked for help from a fellow scav to point us towards an extract and he sounded incredulous that we were new to the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

General Probe posted:

So did he help you or shoot you?

Nah he helped us and pointed us in the right direction. We got killed by extract campers. I've only had good experiences with fellow scavs.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The wiggle video guy also made a video about Sue Klebold (mother of one of the Columbine shooters) where he lied pretty much the entire video and was a huge weirdo when he got called on it by a smaller channel who dissected all his claims and deception.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

This is my first wipe and I'm level 7 last night I double killed a 43 and 25 with Klin headshots and scored about a half mil worth of gear off them. What I would give to have heard/seen their reactions.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Was doing a scav run of Lighthouse and since there were 22 minutes left I thought I'd chill for 5-6 minutes and pick at the dead rogues. Tabbed back in less than two minutes later and the timer was under 10 minutes.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shannow posted:

Sounds liek a server shutdown?

Yeah looks like it. I'm new so I was like wtf.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Had no idea I killed a boss until after we extracted (I'm fairly new at level 12 and didn't know what the achievement that popped up was).

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Apr 9, 2024

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

Had no idea I killed a boss until after we extracted (I'm fairly new at level 12 and didn't know what the achievement that popped up was).

Buddy was helping me do the golden zibbo quest and we ran into him in dorms.

My buddy killed a juicer as he was coming up the stairs to try to steal our bounty which was a nice cherry on top.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I'm level 14 and have three tank batteries - two of them I got on lighthouse scav runs hitting up water treatment (as I do every lighthouse scav run). My ridiculous bottleneck is not being able to get medstation 1 because I've legitimately never seen the multivitamins. I have two boss kills dammit how have I never seen some lowly vitamins.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Even from a money making perspective it's silly. You could've got an influx of people who don't like PvP if you'd packaged the pve co-op version as a normal priced game.

I'll never understand why they thought making Arena was a good idea but choices like this explain a lot.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I bet it won't even have the basic spt mod improvements that make the offline SPT playable like simulated PMCs and scavs that don't just stand around like idiots in the same spot the entire raid.

I don't even think co op pve would be fun at all without SAIN AI, Donuts, questing/looting bots, etc.

It would be a joke if it was just the current game but without enemy PMC players in it. Even with bosses your main worry is enemy players third partying you or stealing the loot afterwards. Considering their decision making thus far I have to assume it's just the current game but without enemy players in the raid.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jakosa posted:

I understand that's how it works, but I don't see the appeal. Why would you want to speed up progression? So you can play the game you bought less? Maybe I just don't understand what your goal is when playing.

So you can get to the flea market quicker.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The PvE mode doesn't even remove the worst part of the game - that it takes ~5 minutes on average to get into a game.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Squashing Machine posted:

Surprised to see BSG giving any kind of concessions at all to the EOD players, even if they're weird and unasked for. 6 months of access to co-op is about as bad of a choice as they could've made, seeing as it pretty much admits that it should've been included in EOD but they're arbitrarily choosing not to honor that.

I wish the game wasn't going this direction with P2W crap getting dropped in all over the place. I played on a Standard account my very first wipe, could barely win fights against scavs, and made a meager living doing customs stash runs and shoving bags of croutons up my rear end. It was the best time I had playing this game. Now I'm just another EOD guy and nothing is fun anymore. Oy

Supporting a live service shooter is a solved issue at this point (sell weapon skins) and it's bizarre they've landed on this.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I use the sun to figure out direction when learning a map.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Raymond T. Racing posted:

The problem with Customs is that for the longest time, the maps were drawn with train station to the west, UN roadblock to the east, so everyone internalized it as that.

Once they added compass though, it turned out that the maps were backwards, but everyone’s mental map is still based on the old drawings so it’s a nightmare.

Was Customs one of the maps where the sun was backwards too? I'd read Shoreline had a similar issue where the map in game was upside down and the sun also traveled the wrong path so the only way you could tell anything was wrong was the world map.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Herstory Begins Now posted:

perception among people playing is that the game is in by far the best state it has ever been in and i have to say that when you hear about how tarkov was years ago it sounds like one of the most comically badly designed games ever made

somewhere along the way bsg clearly hired some very competent people. bsg management/nikita clearly are all sharing a single braincell tho

I don't understand how the game ever got a fanbase with how recoil used to work.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

concise posted:

I enjoy SPT and now GZW because I can launch the game and be playing in under 30 seconds.

The only thing that interests me about SPT is not having the wait a ridiculous amount of time to get into a match as it's far and away the worst part of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

concise posted:

Crazy how all the EOD and now Unheard money never bought a decent server architecture and people just normalized 5-10 minute queues.

Reminds me of release Bloodborne where death was extra punishing because you were waiting a minute plus for the game to load. It's not loss of gear that's punishing in Tarkov it's knowing how long it's going to take to get into the next game.