Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost of RBG
Sep 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Just went into a scav run on Customs because I'm a complete noob at this game, I got lucky on the RNG because I got a cool-looking scav character with a dope AK and a halloween mask. I decided to make it to the extract no matter what so I can get this gun and add it to my small collection.

The game starts, I run from all the firefights around me and from any sounds, all the way to the crossroads extract (the furthest one, apparently) and successfully got the gently caress outta Tarkov. My heart was beating hard the entire time, what an odd feeling.

Anyway, when I'm on the item screen I noticed that not only did this scav have an awesome gun, but had also tucked away a labs keycard on his pocket. I had no clue it was there and I feel like it was better that I didn't know :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of RBG
Sep 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I think the game is good, and I started this week; playing with goons is so much fun. It’s challenging and demanding and you will die a lot for sure, but when things go right it’s truly amazing.

Take your time and make sure to memorize what your buddies look like. Some raids we coordinate armband colors. It’s better if you keep your mic on instead of push-to-talk. Carry an SKS and provide plenty of cover for your teammates while they flank and push :hai:

Ghost of RBG fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jan 3, 2021

Ghost of RBG
Sep 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Roman posted:

Yeah I guess I exaggerated about the SKS stuff because I was salty. It's just that I REALLY hate bolt action and not crazy about sniping in general so using a gun I was told was more optimal wasn't fun and actually made me worse at the game. I didn't feel particularly able to defend myself carrying only a slow bolt sniper with 20 bullets in my inventory. I want to shoot people with an AR or SMG and not have to worry that 95% of all ammo types might as well be tissue paper.

Guess I'll just do solo scav runs and wait through their stupid cooldowns until I get a better handle on things instead of losing all my fun stuff 60 seconds after spawning over and over

SKS is semi-auto action, I'm pretty sure

Ghost of RBG
Sep 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Stux posted:

the real big thing going back to pubg was how anemic all the guns sounded lol tarky guns are so powerful sounding it owns

I got in a few firefights in Woods with my trusty OP SKS and it sounded so loving satisfying there.

Oh, I also found a Hex Grid plate carrier armor in a Jaeger stash in that map. Map knowledge is super important in this game.

Ghost of RBG
Sep 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Pharmaskittle posted:

is there any reason to ever use a laser in this aside from just being tacticool?

It significantly helps with your firing without having to ADS, as other have mentioned. There's different colors too, so if red seems to conspicuous there's also green or blue lasers.

Ghost of RBG
Sep 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Don't flashlights also help with accuracy while hipfiring?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of RBG
Sep 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I found one on a dead guy with 5 of those glock drum mags and used it on my firing range in the hideout, the Vector has essentially no recoil and an unreal ROF.