Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

started playing SPT last night and drat im getting my rear end kicked. i only seem to successfully extract about a third of the time
fun though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

There's a way with the f12 menu to adjust the bot settings globally with SAIN AI mod. I ended up playing around with the global bot recoil modifier a bit to get a more "realistic" bot accuracy. I rarely get 1-tapped anymore but I almost always get shot first in an engagement with enemy pmc bots or scavs. The first few shots seem to always hit legs and arms now rather than default difficulty where they 1-tap you in a large number of encounters with super bot aim.

oh i figured i was just bad. ill check that out

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

to avoid running server instances for single players and co-op couldnt they just do a peer-to-peer kinda deal?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

been working on getting SAIN and is it just me or is the mod page barely holding itself together. is it just because of high traffic from recent news or is it always like this?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

well when the stars align and i can get SAIN without the mod hub caking its pants what's a good setup for it

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

all i did was turn the bot spread multiplier up from 1 to 1.25, disable the gigachad personality and turn on headshot protection and im already doing way better

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i think i got SAIN dialed in to where its still pretty challenging but im also doing well enough that its not the end of the world if i die on a raid with a nice AK anymore

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

speaking of building your hideout you'd think construction measuring tape wouldnt be so loving hard to find. my kingdom for a wooden door

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

more like gay zone

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Mister Bates posted:

Myself and a few other friends who quit Tarkov out of frustration a while ago have set up an SIT server together and have been having a great time playing it, although I kind of wish there was a way to scatter our spawns around the map to make it just 'normal Tarkov but with friends'

It is extremely funny to me that you can just do this, you can spend a big pile of money to maybe get official developer-supported PvE co-op at some point in the future or you can roll your own right now for free

it is also endlessly frustrating to me that the gunplay in this stupid awful game is so loving good

SIT?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

depends on if it's a server mod or a client mod i think. for example SAIN is a server mod

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

from what ive seen of gray zone people seem way more bullet spongey which kind of ruins it imo

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

do i need to launch 15 different applications and restart them all because of an update to play it

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i believe there's a game like that, it's called counter strike

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i dont see the appeal of tarkov arena. so it's just like any other FPS except people drop in 2 or 3 hits?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

LazyMaybe posted:

no, it's just like any other FPS except you've got a janky inventory/equip system minus all the things that people like about tarkov itemization, and all of tarkov's netcode+hit detection jank without any of the game loop that makes people put up with that stuff

oh, well now im sold on it

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

ive been hearing that grey zone literally just ripped assets from tarkov but the playerbase dont really give a poo poo lmao
anyone know if it's got some vanguard-tier kernel-level anti cheat or whatever going on? i got in the beta but for whatever reason it using ripped assets is making me feel like its gonna be spyware

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Miguel Prado posted:

Are you thinking of Arena Breakout: Infinite? I have been seeing a lot about that ripping off EFT, no idea how legit the claims are. Been playing ABI a tiny bit and it's alright, less jank than Tarkov for sure.

ah yeah im thinking of that, got them mixed up

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i got into the arena breakout beta but ive also been buried in university coursework so i havent been able to play it. rip

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

it seems i was right to be concerned about ABI

https://twitter.com/TheEncyklopedie/status/1789641832944533906

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

ChesterJT posted:

What does "local attacker" mean in this context? Someone on your pc? Someone on your network?

i assume it means someone on your network, but still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

yes, but if you play ABI that anticheat will be installed on your system