Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Me and some friends started this up a few days ago. Having fun losing all our poo poo so far. Which is not sarcasm, the game is a loving blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
some goons helped me do some things like unlocking jaeger and doing some interchange runs, and even though i only have a few hundred thousand rubles, i have more guns than i know what to do with, half my stash filled with armor and tac vests, and helping me get my bearings in the maps. interchange is a mess, but i've run customs enough to actually get a feel for where i spawn in at within a few seconds and survive firefights on my own.

games good, y'all

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
I had no idea what was going on and I got separated once or twice, but even as a noob I was able to not TK the goons who were with me in a 5 stack.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
My personal favorite thing so far is accidentally walking off the map and suddenly dying.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

LordOfWar posted:

So i just bought this today, all I am doing is Scav runs, learning the map, but all player scavs just kill me instantly.
Very steep learning curv but I am getting there, I play Offline PMC waiting for my scav to become available and learn the maps, cant wait to actually play the game somewhat half decent.

Join the Goon Discord, mark yourself as new to tarkov, and just join a voice channel. Following some goons around gives you a feel for the pacing and movement, as well as what you should be looking for. I am brand new (been playing 2 weeks), and everyone has been more than happy to show me the ropes, help me learn some basics, and help with some quests.

Map knowledge is king, and knowing when to stop running, slow down, and be quiet is probably the number 1 survival tip I can think of. Clomping around a crowded or often contested area is the fastest way to get ambushed.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

This change really sucks and I don't see it doing anything but hurting newer players who are now missing out on a chance to easily get their hands on a nice but not in any way overpowered weapon.

I think the idea is that you could buy rechargeable batteries for cheaper than you could vendor the ADAR

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
It makes sense having the rear sight being removed a penalty. Shooting a real gun with any accuracy without a rear sight or some sort of optics that are parallax-free is near impossible. I never even considered taking off the rear sight because to me that makes no sense.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
I've been running naked raids with just a MP-153 and like 10 shells of 12/70 8.55 magnum, and i've been getting multiple scav kills every time while still getting out.

That poo poo just drops a scav like it's nothing.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

ShowTime posted:

I just bought a pair of Razer Blackshark Pro V2 because they were the highest rated headsets and most recommended that I could find and I would not recommend. I bought them because I wanted a headset to switch from my headphone/mic combo, wanted something wireless and wanted something with advertised surround sound. The surround sound is the worst i've ever heard, with everything in game basically sounding like it came from the same place. My old setup did surprisingly well with surround sound.

I'm gonna be testing them more and deciding if I need to adjust more settings or return them.

All "gaming" headsets are bad. Just buy a good set of headphones and slap a Mic Mod on it for a microphone and you'll have better quality than any gaming headset ever will.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Stux posted:

most gaming headsets are perfectly fine for gaming and will come with a mic and be closed back. a good set of headphones and a mod mic will instantly propel you into an entirely different price range and if you are using it just for gaming you are wasting money.

those microphones always sound absolutely terrible

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
this game was already $150 i dont think spending money is much concern

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
I have never heard of Steam audio before. I guess it's nice that there's at least a competitor to fmod out there.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Lucca Blight posted:

Having not played a while, trying to do night woods to get my scav kills ended with my ear drums being blown out by land mines as I wandered lost in the dark.

I recently did a Scav run in the middle of the night and almost had a heart attack when the mine went off. I limped my way trying to find the exit I was looking for in the opposite direction, where I was shot by a “sniper” for going out of bounds.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
One thing that I struggle with on woods as a scav is that you can spawn almost anywhere, so getting your bearings can be very difficult if it’s pitch black out.

Also I learned the hard way the other night that cultists attack player scavs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
I looked away after the first kill thinking that was it, did not expect #2 and #3 to gently caress up like that as well.