Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Simon Numbers posted:

Is that the streamer that gets away with not having a personality because he's a attractive?

Well that narrows it down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

ShowTime posted:

I admittedly did play more yesterday and today than I have in awhile. I've discovered why everyone uses the DVL and it's a fun gun. 100K for a quick little sniper rifle that shoots M61? No wonder it's so popular.

I do kind of want to find a Red Keycard too, just to say I finally did, but gently caress Shoreline. I think I'm just gonna farm Reserve and try and get one from Gluhar.

Buy a military power filter off the flea for like 40-50k and you can barter it for the silenced version of the DVL.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
If you're wanting some no-risk entertainment, doing Reserve offline with bosses, high numbers and Scav War enabled is pretty hilarious

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
I was scavving in on Interchange the other day, wandering through Brutal lloking for thermite, and turned round straight into Killa, who was just chilling there, so calmly walked away over to Kiba as it was open, anothe rplayer scav passed me in the hall, did his wiggle, noted Killa was there also, walked up to him, , then did the 'hello' emote, and was instantly murdered.

I was loving howling for the next 8 minutes

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Someone imported Factory into Pavlov VR and it's honestly a great time running around inside it.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Since it got the expansion, woods has been hands down the best place for loot. Guns/ammo in the USEC camp along with the resource crates for hideout and barter goods, gold chains and ammo in the North village (last run I did I got 5 chains) and treasure in the church, and treasure under the beds in car extract village, plus all the tools and food that spawn there.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Tabletops posted:

Best place for loot is a pretty insane exaggeration when light house existed (rip) and interchange is still wild

Difference is you very rarely need to fight anyone taking that perimeter route, i seldom come across anyone, even early wipe

Futaba Anzu posted:

oh, i knew about most of that but i didn't know loot spawns under the beds, i'll be sure to check under them in the future.

There's a shack to the side of the sunken church, inside it is a duffle bag and a tent, the tent can spawn bitcoins and such, directly behind the church theres a stash inside the door of the ruined shack, with another treasuse spawn next to it. Also, on the boat you cross to get into the church.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
The lovely lil squirrel blaster vpo-215 does count as a bolty tho, if you can get a hold of some AP-M .366 from an ammo box or a random mag lying about, it fucks very hard for its price.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
I don't think flash drives spawn sticking out of PCs anymore, i remember one wipe they were bugged so there sideways like they'd been glued on to the front panel, then they were removed entirely instead of fixed, they mostly spawn in safes now, occasionally filing cabs, and sometimes jackets/duffles/stashes.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Also new in interchange lighting, when i get near a strip light when in the car park, it just goes out completely, till im like 10 feet away again?

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Dynamic loot containers is really shaking things up for me, can no longer rely on old paths to boxes and theres a ton of potential container spawns in previously trash areas so there's now a good reason to go explore, plus a load more loose loot in new places.
New trader menu system is great, much less clicking about, plus being able to sell stuff straight to fence at the end of a scav run for trash id just have left behind is neat.
Audio, however, is still rear end.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
My keybind protip - my G502's scrollwheel has a left and right tilt, i assigend them to be [ and ] in the Logitech software, and then made those keys my change scope zoom/optic in tarkov's keybinds (the wheel tilt doesnt register in the game otherwise) and my life is much improved.
I also turn off the blindfire keybinds as i only ever trigger them accidentally and have never used them otherwise.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Flashbacks to being on a standard account and it was 5 white body armours you needed to turn in plus a load of shotguns and you couldn't hand them in as you found them.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Vaulting added, Armour reworked so its now plates with gaps between them and you cna slot different grades of plate in a carrier, so im thinking the meta is gonna be class 3 in front and 5 on the back to cut down on weight, recoil completely reworked, new kiddy pool map for under lvl 15s only, now if only they can get audio to not be utter turbo dogshit.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

Can I infer from the lack of discussion that the wipe update isn't mind-blowing?

I'd say that is incorrect, this is easily one of, if not the best update the game has got. The new recoil feels extremely nice, vaulting mostly works great (a few janky spots going up rocks but pretty solid), armour changes shake things up a lot, the snow is genuinely an amazing addition, night raids in the snow fuckin slap, and a bunch of other QoL additions like mag loading presets and poo poo, its all great. New map is a bit of a clusterfuck, but not an unfun clusterfuck, the Shoreline overhaul brings it more in line with what Lighthouse's terrain feels like, and not so bare as it was before.

Audio is still absolute toilet tho.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Tricked out ADARs gently caress, I've a suppressed shorty ADAR build thats over 100 erg, ADS is pretty much instant.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

unpurposed posted:

Oooh sounds fun, could you post a screenshot / parts list?

Can go cheaper on the front end as well if you can get over the fughly colour (i have no idea why you cant use the black one with the short barrel, i think the black Viper handguard is about the same stat wise also)

Just about any optic of choice will do, Im running 20's for the extra erg boost, plus they reload SUPER fast, and if you're stuck on that mission where you have to kill motherfuckers with a scav vest and balaclava on, you're getting more ammo per slot in your rig as well as having more than one spare mag ready to go.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Jakosa posted:

Sometimes something happens where you'd really like to know the story.

I was doing a budget run on Customs where I went in with a pistol and a rig. I like to either go to storage or the silos and farm scavs and get some XP. It's usually pretty quiet in the far ends of the map.

This time is was at the silos, inside the building next to ZB-1011, and was killing some scavs. I heard some suppressed fire pretty close by, but not close enough that I was worried.

But then I started taking some shots from outside and a guy ran in and I thought I was done for. But then he started meleeing me. I killed him with my pistol.

And he had a suppressed Mk47 Mutant with Razor scope - AND NO MAGAZINES AND NO AMMO.

I was pretty shot up with blacked stomach, so I just ran for my extract at the RUAF roadblock. I didn't expect to make it, but with painkillers and a can of sprats, I somehow made it. I killed some scavs on the way and made it out with no ammo left in my pistol.

But I'd really like to know how he got in there with such a nice gun and nothing else.

If you've never decked yourself out with a sweet kit and got in raid to realise you forgot to load your mags, are you even a Tark player?

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
The way it makes some kind of broken sense to me is that I think it's looking for the lower receiver, but doesn't see the other parts attached on trader weapons, and because those parts arent already in your stash, its grabbing all those as well, so you, best to buy the base gun you want to mod.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Groovelord Neato posted:

Was doing a scav run of Lighthouse and since there were 22 minutes left I thought I'd chill for 5-6 minutes and pick at the dead rogues. Tabbed back in less than two minutes later and the timer was under 10 minutes.

Sounds liek a server shutdown?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yeah looks like it. I'm new so I was like wtf.

Generally it will just extract you where you stand in that instance, and you get to keep all your poo poo