Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Has Nikita ever confirmed if wipes are just part of the beta process or will be a feature of the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Supposedly the flow of the game is going to be completely different than it exists now. Hopefully they figure out a way to keep the game interesting if/when wipes are no longer a feature

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Still no patch notes?

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

A Jupiter posted:

haven't seen it mentioned but they added weapon jamming too

so take a sidearm or a backup shotgun if you're gonna be getting up in people's faces

A lot of people on Reddit are bitching about it but I’m guessing there also aren’t people posting that aren’t getting hosed by jamming

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I think weapon durability is an interesting way to try to balance higher end ammo but I’m not sure how effective it will be when the people running top tier ammo have 40 million rubles and could effortlessly replace any gun every raid

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Captain Gordon posted:

The karma system is hot trash.

I got jumped by some degenerate pscav in factory after wiggling while i had a bag full of bolts, had to kill him in self defence, -0.02 rep. Ok cool.

Except now every factory scav aggroed. Long story short, after a classic factory scav massacre i have 0.02 rep left with Fence, which means

1) less extractions
2) bad gear
3) more jams
4) 1 scav kill away from being tagged and cursed

Great loving system. Simply loving amazing.

Edit: they want this poo poo for pmcs too, eventually. Great loving idea - hows that going to work on servers that have 70% usecs? Jesus christ.

It's almost as if the implementation of scav karma isn't the final version

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

LGD posted:

yeah but it does seem pretty questionable on a conceptual level - like the weight system was hugely hosed up when they added it, but it was fundamentally workable with just tweaks to specific numbers

I'm not nearly as sanguine about that being the case here

Something as simple as somehow factoring in shots that are aimed at you into karma fixes the biggest issues people have.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Get rid of guns and armor from flea and I think the game is in a better place. You should have to earn that high level gear by either finding it or grinding trader rep. Would drastically slow down the amount of top tier murder squads and open up mid level gameplay in my opinion

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

abigserve posted:

Is there something inherently unfair about the flea market I don't get? Like, everyone can buy the same poo poo.

I don't like the "you have to unlock everything" route because it's massively unfair to anyone that doesn't have the time to commit to doing that. Like, at least I can get lucky and buy something good, but I will never get over 30 in a wipe because I just straight up don't have the time.

Once you open up the flea market the only thing stopping you from being fully decked out with the best gear every round, is money which is relatively easy to make. It's not that the flea market is necessarily bad, I think removing easy route to top tier items would actually create decent mid level game play

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Ice Fist posted:

The flea market owns. Stop suggesting we nerf it. The game is considerably more accessible and fun since its inclusion into the game. It's already been nerfed into the ground since it was added, it doesn't need to be made any weaker.

I don't understand why people get excited for wipes and then can't wait for 75% of the equipment to be worthless as fast as possible

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I always used to hate woods but once you get comfortable it’s really fun. Sneaking around and stalking pmcs until you have a good shot makes you feel like solid snake

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Does scav karma affect or restrict your ability to use the flea market in any way?

Edit: added word

hello internet fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jul 8, 2021

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Cage Kicker posted:

Player scavs are great because they go thru all the trash and sort out the best poo poo, for me to take when I then shoot them in the head. The new update made it even easier, you don't even have to fight them any more. You just press F1 and wiggle a little and they come right over, bang, pow, thanks for the water filter dumbass

Is Fence’s benefits even worth giving up blasting fellow player scavs in the face?

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Stux posted:

depends if youre going to stop using pplayer scavs later or not

This wipe I find running scav more stressful than PMC with trying to manage fence rep so I’ve been avoiding it. If it doesn’t really matter at the end of the day then I’m gonna come out blasting.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Orv posted:

Minimum scav karma makes you KOS to all AI scavs, your scav timer goes up to an hour and a half (and Intel 3 will only knock 7 minutes off, at least currently) and car extracts get way, way pricier for both your scav and PMC. I might be forgetting a thing or two but I think that's it.

The KOS aspect I feel is almost a benefit because you don’t have to worry about who’s going to kill you or not when everyone must die. The other parts sound rough though. Fortunately I’ve gotten decent enough at the game that I’m rarely ever broke to field a load out.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I have:

2080 standard
32 gigs of ram

This is the best performance I’ve had. Running 3440x1080 medium setting getting 70-90 FPS

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I finally had a jam in combat and it wasn’t too bad. The animation clears it much quicker than I was expecting

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

rap music posted:

guns are clogging up my stash and i do not know what to do

should i just vendor them?

Vendor them all except 2 or 3

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Anyone have any good tips for hitting moving targets at 150-200m range? I know it’s different by bullet but I’ve been doing a lot of SKS sniping in woods and I cannot for the loving life of me hit moving targets

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Have you guys been having many fishy deaths? EFT subreddit is having a collective stroke about the game being “overrun with hackers” but I haven’t had any situation I’ve though was odd after 115 raids

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Duffel bags, med bags and tech crates are the keys to success

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Pikey posted:

Man, I hated interchange before and this wipe has done nothing to help. I’m still hunting for gas analyzers and flash drives and the past two days there must be a sale in the offices in idea and Oli. People are hiding in the corner for 20 straight minutes just waiting for you to walk in to head/eyes you

Almost every time I scav run on reserve I find more than 1 in filing cabinets.

Edit: Gas Analyzers

hello internet fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jul 17, 2021

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

CH Science posted:

This is probably a super dumb noob question, but why do I see streamers dropping their backpacks before engagements? Is it just to negate the weight penalty?

Yeah. You’re more agile and can move silently. If you don’t have anything in your bag it doesn’t matter though

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

The RFB /w 2.5 prism has quickly become my favorite gun. It's cheap to run compared to SA-58, and at this point of the wipe m80 still fucks people up on the regular

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

TipsyMcStagger posted:

I started running the RFB a lot last wipe and really liked it. I'm cheap and never did meta kits so that's probably why..

I really like the premise of landing 1-3 well aimed shots over full mag dumps.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

People keep opening and looting the weapon cache in the garage and leaving the tech spawns. Idk what is up with that, but I love it.

I legitimately think there are people that don’t realize you can loot them.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Futaba Anzu posted:

what are these tech spawns?

https://escapefromtarkov.fandom.com/wiki/Technical_supply_crate

These crates. They don't look like they would be lootable if you didn't know they were

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

Is RB-ST worth looting? I bought the key for the quests and the wiki mentions a bunch of high-end loot spawns, but I don't think i've ever found more than a vog and an AK in there.

It’s a nice key to find or sell but I’m not sure if buying expensive keys are worth it typically for loot

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

https://twitter.com/bstategames/status/1420694247703990277

New pointless event increasing dehydration and water related prices

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I can’t think of any reason for this “event” other than testing permanent changes to hydration mechanics

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Halborn posted:

Do I need a second monitor for maps and navigation to starty playing this infamous game or what?

Yeah you really should. Customs isn’t too confusing you’ll learn it quick as you’ll be spending a lot of time there starting off. I’ve played this game for 3 years and I still need maps for interchange

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I am one of those suckers that paid for EOD for the sole reason of being able to stockpile quest/hideout items

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Halborn posted:

Thank you kindly for the advice, arranging a second screen shouldn't be a problem and it will certainly help me navigate through maps and memorize them.
I've got another question in that case - are those connectivity and desync issues people mention sometimes serious enough to hinder my gear progress and so on?
I can deal with getting my rear end killed because someone was more skilled and better geared than me, but random deaths casued by netcode tilt me greatly.

It’s one of those things where people don’t complain when they don’t have an issue. It seems common when the only posts about it are people having issues. I’ve played since 2018 and can’t count on both hands the amount of times I’ve died to obvious cheaters or weird desync

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Halborn posted:

So if I understand your post correctly, it may be more of a cognitive bias than a real and serious issue. This sounds calming enough then!

The games not perfect by any means but rarely am I in positions where I am dying because of things outside of my control. I could have been more patient, I could have zigged when I zagged, I left my head exposed for too long, etc. Sometimes you just get sniped from across the map. As long as you take your time and position yourself well at all times, you should have a fighting chance.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

poe meater posted:

Where was this dude sniping from if I am in the military camp with all the food/meds in the southern part of Woods? Probably a dumb question if there are multiple popular spots that overlook it.

He had the loudest sniper rifle I heard so far.

Depends on where you were. Plenty of spots around the perimeter for getting angles on people

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

rap music posted:

I'm very close to saying gently caress it and going back to shooting pscavs on sight

Totally worth it. The wiggle helps you line up a clean shot

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Shumagorath posted:

I'm used to using land features in DayZ to orient myself on the map, but are there any keys for Tarkov? Obviously there's MapGenie on another monitor but that doesn't help with where I start.

Right now I'm just popping in as a Scav every chance I get to lessen the consequences of dying when I barely know what's going on.

Like any game it’s just a matter of time spent on the maps. Starting out I typically learned one route on a map and started deviating from that route once I got more comfortable. Woods is really the only map I need to whip out the compass sometimes at the start

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Hooplah posted:

nice, nikita obviously reads my posts

You and 50 posts every day on Reddit suggesting it in a much more aggressive manner

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Hooplah posted:

never go on reddit :sun:

I try not to but this thread doesn’t move fast enough when I’m at work. :f5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Stux posted:

the eft reddit is shockingly badb even for reddit, impossible to find anything out at all without it beign people yelling about how much they hate the game and dev s

95% of the community there are people who literally only use their scav runs to interact with the game because they are completely trash.