Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Anyone have any resources they'd recommend for complete noobs? I'm a MW2 DMZ refugee trying to learn the game. I played a few practice matches and it seems like everything I liked about DMZ cranked up a bunch.

What kind of babby's first game loop should beginners be worried about? I'm just looking for general guidance about what to focus on for my first few dozen games. Should I try to focus on doing quests? Is there anything I can do to level up skills faster? I assume I should expect to get poo poo on every game and not to get too frustrated if I have an abysmal extraction rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Are there any maps that I might want to play more often than others?

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
what do i do if i lose the weapons that came with my account? i thought i could just buy new ones with the money i have in my stash but it looks like you have to trade poo poo to the vendors in addition to money?

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
i read that factory is a meatgrinder so i thought i should maybe avoid it for now, i'll try that one. looks easier to learn than woods. i've played my first and only 10-20 games in woods mostly on a scav and while i'm getting familiar with *parts* of the map, i keep getting lost and getting owned or missing the signs and finding my way into a minefield.

this game looks like it owns once you get your head around it but god drat. with no map (besides the one on my other monitor), no compass, and everything else i don't understand the learning curve is steep!

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
thanks for all of the help. in between scav runs i've been doing naked PMC runs so that I don't just gradually lose everything that's in my stash. my thought was that i could learn maps and level up my stats at the same time while potentially extracting with random poo poo, is that a bad/dumb idea?

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
what's the advantage of having the appearance of a PMC? other PMCs might not want to kill you as often?

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
so i'm able to successfully extract with a scav fairly consistently now but jesus christ whenever i play a match as PMC i'm dead within the first minute. what can i do to get better at not dying as a pmc? is it mostly a matter of memorizing the spawns and avoiding them?

e: only playing on woods right now

ROFLburger fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 21, 2024

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
i came across a mountain of corpses on one of my scav runs and i had a hard time figuring out which weapons to take. are there any obvious indicators that a weapon is a particular keeper beyond personal preference? i guess this question also extends to body armor and rigs

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
finally getting the hang of woods and i've been building a ton of stuff in my hideout. really enjoying this game even though i'm getting my poo poo rocked just about every time i run into other PMCs

is there an easy way to find compatible magazines and ammunition from traders for random guns i haul out of raids? i keep thinking i'm buying the right stuff for guns only to find out it's the same caliber but wrong manufacturer, etc

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
are raids a little safer at night or are most people just running night vision goggles?

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
do purchases made through traders increase your rep with them?

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
is /r/tarkov worth following? i popped in to see what people thought of the patch and i can't tell if the patch is a piece of poo poo or if this is one of those subreddits where everything sucks and nothing is ever good

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
oh poo poo yeah i meant /r/escapefromTarkov

e: jesus woods looks so much better with the summer theme

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
is it supposed to be difficult to tell player scavs from PMCs? my scavs runs that are ended by PMCs killing me often happen way before i can tell if the player is even a friendly scav

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
If you use food or drink items at max hydration and energy, do you receive any experience?

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Aexo posted:

and at the end of that time you get immunity xp

do you get extra exp if you have/had the immunity buff at some point during the raid? never even noticed this

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
i've been trying to learn customs, finally got a quest item for the therapist out of dorms without dying and experienced my first extract camper on my way out. never been so annoyed in my life, jesus

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
i unlocked the tier 2 med station and i see i can make a defibrillator now but i've never heard of anyone using that and it's not clear from googling what it's used for. does it have a function?

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
did a scav run on woods and came across a level 44 PMC corpse with a backpack full of these? :confused:

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Are scav runs more likely to run into PMCs on factory than on maps like customs and woods? Spawned in a few times on my scav to try and learn the map and i've been getting killed pretty quickly, not sure if i'm just getting unlucky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
I stopped playing this game a few months ago at lvl 15 because I didn't feel like I was making much progress as a new player. Saw they added a PvE mode and thought that sounded great but it's 250 dollars ...? What is supposed to justify this cost? the promise of access to future DLC content?