Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Bump. This game is phenomenal. Best thing for FPS games since Half-Life and Counter-Strike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

I want this game to have a Counter-Strike style bomb defuse game mode. I get to keep the enemy teams loot!

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

I don't know how to describe it but the ultra high crispy textures and combat detail is such incredibly well done. None of these elements on their own are big but combined together it's such an amazing force multiplier. The map design is absolutely one of the best.

I will however admit, there's a large gambling component in the game.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Does it just take forever to join games now or what?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

I don't want open world but I sure would like the ability to make additional mods - game modes, maps, content, etc.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Is anyone else still have 5-10 min game load times on Reserve and the like?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

This game is going to be fun as hell on Streets but I really want to see this game support 40-player games first.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

A bunch of the popular streamers complained that it was too difficult with the old SCAV spawn system especially on maps like Reserve because it interrupted their loot runs! Essentially spawning in at the start of the game and just beelining PMC Spawns trying to get a lucky kill.

Personally, I don't think SCAVs should spawn at the very start of a game but no more than 4-8 minutes depending on the map.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

The community or streamers didn't like player SCAVs spawning at the beginning of most maps. It ruined their raids but personally I would bring it back.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

The Clap posted:

The only times I ever think about netcode issues (or "desync" as people tend to call anything related to network issues in this game) are when it seems like I'm getting shot around corners. You know what I mean - you're strafing in an engagement and it looks on your screen as if you've crossed the threshold of the wall in front of you but you get head-eyes'd anyway by the dude you're engaging. Logically I know that dude shot me normally on his screen but it can be hard to accept that maybe, according to the server, you're really walking a step or two behind where it looks on your own screen.

That's "peakers advantage" but EFT has the absolute worse netcode out of any modern FPS. I suspect much of this will be fixed in the next Unity Engine but now the developers are stating 12.9 with Streets won't come until this summer.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Have their really honestly been that many improvements to the game in the last few months? It seems like outside the addition of stuff like the vector not much has changed. Bugs and hackers still frequent. :smith:

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Is it still viable to play as a lovely SCAV on Reserve only to camp for player PMCs fighting raiders?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/bstategames/status/1374661822180163587?s=20

My biggest hope with 12.10 is to finally get stable servers and for the love of god get rid of hackers.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Good patch but the SCAR-H, Player Inertia and Unity Engine update - which should include performance improvements doesn't come out until 12.11. :smith:

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Streets is targeted before the end of the year. Did they say anything about the next wipe?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

LGD posted:

there was indeed some detail about the next patch, which is supposed to be a bigger one content-wise - among other things it's apparently going to include a Factory expansion/rework, including a new scav boss (Kuvalda, a giant beefy dude armed with a sledgehammer), so that should be good fun

They also talked about giving player SCAVs missions such as protecting the SCAV boss. :getin:

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

It's the dumbest thing they could possibly imagine and I hope it never actually happens. gently caress open world Tarkov, too.

I'm really looking forward to Arena Tarkov but I wish they had left it as merely just another game mode.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

InevitableCheese posted:

This game definitely grew outside of the scope they originally planned for, especially after the explosion on Twitch. I remember them saying in a podcast they had expected maybe 20,000 players maximum, but instead got 200,000-300,000 when they did the first Twitch event. Servers were poo poo for two months or so I think until they could scale and work with their providers.

This is so freaking cool.

I wish they'd do something like let players farm in EFT - use this to collect loot. Then bring it to Arena.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Have they said anything about the next wipe?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Is there any new news on 12.11, the engine update along with new wipe? I want to start playing again but it feels like it's better waiting until things get reset.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Is there any news on the upcoming inertia system? It's kind of dumb how CHADDED out players move like ninjas - it's like I'm almost playing Unreal Tournament.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

LGD posted:

optics revision

Are they going to finally align red dots with actual weapons now? This has been delayed forever.

LGD posted:

inertia/new unity engine/voip not in yet

Ugh. This one of the biggest things the game needs.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

The new Unity version has a ton of bug fixes along with greatly improved development tools and one of the big new features - if I am not mistaken - non GPU/CPU intensive volumetric smoke.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

ShowTime posted:

Have you ever like, really watched Pestily? Like watched him for several hours to catch those special moments? I just watched him do something i'll never be able to do, which was enter the dorms at Shoreline, hear a key from the 1st floor (as he entered) and identify which key it was, then go to the 3rd floor and prefire a player that ran to intercept him because he knew what key they used. It was kind of magical in a way. Keep in mind, all this happened in 15 seconds. It wasn't like he crouched and waited, listened, contemplated, then made the decision. Nah, he had just got to dorms, heard the key, went there, did that, killed a dude with prefire and kept on.

So, this is me quitting Tarkov. See ya everyone.

Some of this insta-movement will hopefully be diminished once the implement the inertia system - I hate how the game plays like Quake or UT2k4 but that is now delayed until 12.12. :smith:

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

I'm waiting for the wipe and new content. Or some kind of re-balancing. Seeing the inertia feature delayed until 12.12 is disappointing but whatever.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Odd take, I think we are going to have some OP weapons but they should expensive as gently caress and rare. The in-game economics needs serious adjustments.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Do SCAV Raiders still regularly spawn when you hit the switch on Reserve? Or is it something like only a 80% chance?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Im glad they focused on a bunch of optimizations, it was definitely overdue.

Same but the I hope the next engine update doesn't break everything. :ohdear:

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Is anyone else having a hell of a time trying to connect? It's taking me hours...

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

A few quick questions,

What's the best ammo for the Mosin if I'm trying to get quick one hits on decked out Player PMCs?

Do SCAV Raiders always spawn when you hit the Power Generator on Reserve or is it 50/50?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Shumagorath posted:

I think the raider spawn chance was dropped significantly as I've done nothing but D2 exfils this season with zero raiders.

drat, I thought it was so much fun hitting the switch and interrupting PMCs or Player SCAVs fighting raiders.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Bohemian Nights posted:

going in almost naked with a vpo-215 w/ AP ammo and leaving the raid with two umps, one slick and a mostly intact altyn besides an unfortunate hole right between the eyes- feels pretty tarkov

So that's the trick...

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting used to inertia? The game feels so different with this added... There's no more running and gunning.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Is there an EFT roadmap somewhere? I got to say, I am genuinely impressed with the game it's pretty amazing how every update keeps making everything that much better.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

That's freaking awesome,

The biggest thing I wish they would bring back is early SCAV Spawns or SCAVs with reasonable gear. There was nothing better than interrupting PMCs on Reserve, triggering raider spawns and making a complete mess of the whole situation.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

TheTofuShop posted:

Scav gear is somewhat linked to Fence Rep, last wipe goons with higher rep were reporting spawning with better gear, labs cards, etc..

Goddamn it.

I made a huge mistake with one of those grenade launchers and ended up getting my rep incredibly low. Is the best way to get it back up only to help extract PMCs?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

If you can reliably shoot people in the face it doesn't really matter what ammo you use.

This is one of the best things about the game, you can take out a kitted out level 20+ player with the best gear... just with a Mosin.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Is there a 2D Diagram that shows how far sounds travels? With and without a headset?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Labs used to have a ton of cheaters but has gotten way, way better. I haven't noticed any hacker or anyone that obvious.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Battle State really picks... odd guns to add into the game? I really, really want the G3 and all sorts of pistols like a large revolver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

aniviron posted:

The PP-19 Vityaz is already the Bizon, more or less; they share the same PP-19 designation. There are some differences between the two but the only major one is the magazine; and it turns out the Bizon's helical mag was absolute dogshit that was a huge pain to load and would jam constantly and was expensive to manufacture. I have to assume that if they were going to add the helical mag they'd have done it already; and that it would suffer the same drawbacks as the real thing, so nobody would use it.

This would kind of be totally awesome and I'd probably use it anyway.