Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Mooecow posted:

With the nut revealed you take your massive wrench to grab that nut and unthread it:

Is said massive wrench custom laser cut out of steel plate, for the occasion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Mooecow posted:

For sure that is critical to replace, when you lose hydraulic pressure you completely lose brakes.

Ah yes that seems safe. Great thread

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Your work is the stuff of legends and I am so drat excited for this.

That being said, is there any way we could convince you to possibly take this build in a slightly different direction?

https://robbreport.com/motors/cars/paris-dakar-rally-rolls-royce-2827674/

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Mooecow posted:

After pumping the brake pedal until my leg was dead only one of the lights came on. The light turns on when the test button is pressed and I manually grounded the sensor to confirm the wiring was ok. So I guess I need to add rebuilding or replacing the hydraulic pressure sensor to the todo list. For sure that is critical to replace, when you lose hydraulic pressure you completely lose brakes.

My 44 y.o landrover has a brake failure valve in the brake circuit (its a rod with seals on that is supposed to move and close off one circuit in the case of an issues). I had a brake line failure last year and it didn't work and i lost all brakes rather than keeping half of them which would have been less scary.
Turns out it was just stuffed full of crud so a £5 set of o rings and a clean up and it was good again.
I would strip every hydraulic pressure valve; and the shuttle/failure valve if it also has one and clean them up and fully test them.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Tomarse posted:

had a brake line failure last year and it didn't work and i lost all brakes

my landie did this. almost died, good times!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yeah, mine is still single circuit. I should probably do something about that.

Kurten
May 28, 2001

100% less banned. 50% more sober. 0% less bitter. NOW WITH LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE!
Beautiful car. Like the color even.

quote:

He said he was afraid to drive it

Generally they're trying to subtly warn you when they say that :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib