Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

GigaPeon posted:

The end with ”surprise! You’re on live TV” is totally supposed to be a reference, right?

I have a feeling. Geoff Johns was credited screenwriter and he did Infinite Crisis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

surf rock posted:

Just on the most basic following-the-plot level, I don't understand why Max Lord was able to take whatever he wanted after granting someone's wish. Did he say "I wish I was the dreamstone but in addition to that I also want to be able to charge people if they use my dreamstone-like abilities" or something? I guess I must've missed it.

The stone Exacts a price of "whatever you value most" is payment for granting the wish. Apparently by becoming the stone, he gained the ability to dictate what that price would be more directly

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Mr. Apollo posted:

I didn’t notice after she lands the kids end up rolling along the pavement under her.

It was really weird to me that de-powered Diana didn't really seem to do a whole lot to show off that she still had something without her power, instead the action scenes aren't much different from full power Diana but she gets hurt sometimes. I don't need her to be helpless, I kinda woulda liked to see her be more clever, I guess.

Overall the movie felt super disjointed to me, as someone said, it's like 3 scripts they tried to mash together into one.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Detective No. 27 posted:

I have a feeling. Geoff Johns was credited screenwriter and he did Infinite Crisis.

Should've re-teamed Snyder and Fuchs to pen the story because fuckin' ooof.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm over an hour in watching this right now and bored out of my loving mind.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm over an hour in watching this right now and bored out of my loving mind.

teagone posted:

So yeah, just did a quick scrub through, and once the montage of flashback/heroic acts/mall scene ends during the first ~15 minutes, we literally don't get another significant action beat until over an hour later.

What the hell, lol.

Coincidence?! I think not!

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Panzeh posted:

It was really weird to me that de-powered Diana didn't really seem to do a whole lot to show off that she still had something without her power, instead the action scenes aren't much different from full power Diana but she gets hurt sometimes. I don't need her to be helpless, I kinda woulda liked to see her be more clever, I guess.

The movie kept saying she lost her powers, but she did kick that truck thirty feet into the air, and also was getting new powers, like turning a jet invisible.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Panzeh posted:

I didn't even realize that she had lost some power until Steve said it. When she got shot I was like "OK well that's why she has the bracers" and when she couldn't break the lock I thought it was just a gag about the lock being stronger than the hinge.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I'm gonna go against the tide and say I really enjoyed this! I will agree it's overlong and a step down from the original, but I had a lot of fun. Wiig was loving great.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

teagone posted:

Wiig was great, yeah. But WB execs are cowards for not making Barbara gay as hell.

This movie kinda bored me out of my mind but now I'm actually disappointed that they didn't go this route.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
Messy as gently caress and the CGI felt like they used the tea! And budget that does those CW flash shows, but Pascal and wiig were great

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This was basically just the first movie in a new setting. I never thought though that I would prefer the JRPG final end game boss of the first film over what we got in this for a final act. I'm not necessarily disappointed with WW84, but the first movie is so much better. Needed a lot more editing, which is confusing because WW84 was delayed for an entire additional year, the time could have been spent making the movie better.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

I gotta say Chris Pine’s line reading of “Well poo poo Diana!” is the best

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I can’t get over how they walked up to a fighter jet and just got in and flew off.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
This feels like plots from the ghostbusters cartoon

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Blue Raider posted:

I can’t get over how they walked up to a fighter jet and just got in and flew off.

The Smithsonian keeps a variety of aircraft fueled up and ready to go at the Air and Space Museum.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

mcmagic posted:

A loving SHITLOAD of people are going to watch this and they are 100% going to make another one even though it's bad.

This is true for pretty much any superhero IP nowadays, except for Fantastic 4, lol.

I mean Suicide Squad gets a sequel. The movie that is partly edited by a trailer-house gets a sequel.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The movie really suffers from the unecessary presence of Steve during the action scenes. They just keep flatlining all the momentium of Wonder Woman's fights to show much more boring poo poo.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The movie really suffers from the unecessary presence of Steve during the action scenes. They just keep flatlining all the momentium of Wonder Woman's fights to show much more boring poo poo.

It feels hard to name what parts of this movie ARE nessisary. You could edit Wonder Woman out of like half this movie and nothing would change

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I really enjoyed the scenes/dynamics between WW and Steve in the first movie. Do you they at least keep that chemistry in WW84?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
This movie was loving weird. Overall I liked it but drat its strange that in TYOOL 2020 we got a sequel to the Wishmaster film series.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This feels like a nineties TV movie.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This movie was bad. I don't know what the budget went into because everything looked loving cheap as hell.

Too long. Super boring. Also I just couldn't get past Steve is living in another guy's body, and nobody really sees a problem with that. Like, that's not even getting into the fact that they have sex. It's super gross when you think about it at all.

But then there's just other stuff out there that's like... it doesn't add anything to the story. All of a sudden Diana knows how to make something invisible! And it's her invisible jet! Woo! Except it's only for like 1 minute then tossed aside. Diana just happens to keep some really useful armor in her closet and busts it out and it doesn't really do anything? Then we see Diana learn to fly and all it takes is for her to think about what Steve told her and she's suddenly flying.

And not exploring the attraction that she and Barbara had with clear language about being out and instead dropping that completely was stupid. The whole Barbara story just feels half-finished.

Honestly this movie feels like a bunch of first drafts thrown together. I don't even think editing this could fix it. It's long, boring, and completely forgettable.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

mcmagic posted:

I hate her gold suit at the end. It looks like it's from that awful Gods of Egypt movie.

Gods of Egypt was a better movie than this. I like pretty much all super hero movies, but this one was absolute trash.

Wish I could get my 2 hours back.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

FizFashizzle posted:

This feels like a nineties TV movie.

IDK, the Odysseus TV movie/series with Armand Assante back in the day puts this to shame on basically every level, except Pedro Pascal does a better poo poo-eating grin villain thing than Eric Roberts.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Hahaha did I just see Wonder Woman lasso a cloud

Edit: followed by her lassoing a lightning bolt

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Dec 26, 2020

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Stealing a plane seems like so much more effort that stealing a passport

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Like this feels like a long episode of Lois and Clark.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Why not just make him invisible if he doesn’t have a passport?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Hamelekim posted:

Gods of Egypt was a better movie than this. I like pretty much all super hero movies, but this one was absolute trash.

Wish I could get my 2 hours back.

This is a little strong.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Stealing a plane seems like so much more effort that stealing a passport

Which when you think about it should be almost 2nd-nature to her considering she works and has "degrees" and property and poo poo and I doubt she's correctly listing 100+ years old on her birth certificate

Also it's complete poo poo but I will bat for Gods of Egypt against this. GoE was fun as hell and was a bunch of actors chewing scenery while doing fun things. :rip: Chadwick he loving owned in it.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Blue Raider posted:

And it was flown by a guy who was confused by an escalator.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
The most 80s sequence is the five minutes that shows a woman is a villain by having her kick a rapist followed immediately by the middle eastern man wishing genocide on heathens

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Flying a jet plane across the atlantic and back cannot be comfortable or as fast as the movie made it look like.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

so did Chris Pine just take over some random dude?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

This movie was aggressively bad.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Jesus, her rolling over the weird fake dolls of the road ball kids

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

so did Chris Pine just take over some random dude?

Yes.

Maybe that guy had a passport so they didn't need to steal a jet. But it's hosed up that Steve takes over that guy's body and life and Diana is cool with it.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
protestant work ethic rear end movie

mcmagic posted:

I couldn't help but cringe at them showing Gal Gadot, literally an Israeli soldier, saving some little Arab kids.

i can't believe they not only used totally stiff dolls for the kids, but shot them close up lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I wonder what Bruce Wayne was up to during the Magic Wish Crisis of 1984