Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

The comparisons are accurate, but she's got it flipped. Those movies should be clowned on as much as WW84 has been (which ASM2 and Avengers 2 kind of were).

Like, maybe there's a lot of noise about this movie in particular because it was released when a lot of people had time off, were stuck at home and were able to access it immediately?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Nix Panicus posted:

You know what I haven't really seen much of? People forcefully defending the movie by decrying all criticism as politically motivated, whether because of the obvious Trump references or because of it being woman led. Even the defenses in this thread have amounted to 'it wasn't good, but it was at least entertaining' which is a perfectly fine point of view.

It's not quite the same, but I thought this was odd:

https://twitter.com/HeatherAntos/status/1343550058898345985?s=19

This is just making up criticisms I haven't seen at all.

LesterGroans fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Dec 29, 2020

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Shageletic posted:

Lol the siren call went out and Kveezy and others is in full on Snyder chat war mode.

Honestly the worst conversation on this site.

I too hate having discussions and disagreements on a discussion forum.