Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

coolusername posted:

Oh, while I'm at it -- I can only assume the Barbara scene where for some reason, her kicking the rear end of a catcaller who tried to sexually assault her in a park, then tried to grab her AGAIN on the street when she confronted him verbally and say he'd pick up where they left off before (aka did not learn his lesson from the first time and is still attacking women on the street), is framed as part of her growing villainy and loss of humanity/kindness was written by a man. Because that is 101 female power fantasy revenge narrative and instead the story seems to be trying to get the audience to go "Oh no, she's turned bad! She's going too far!" when basically any male hero like Batman does far worse to thugs doing less evil crimes while the audience is meant to cheer. I don't think I've met many ladies who would react to that scene with "oh no, but the serial abuser is bleeding pitifully and sad music is playing" rather than "kick him in the dick again!"

Isn't this basically what Clark does in Superman 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU