Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
You've redecorated! ...I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Edit: nvm

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Dec 25, 2020

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Vinylshadow posted:

"I've always wanted to see that done properly."
:allears:
What fourth wall?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I got a package from Big Mean Jerk, proving his name isn’t true! Fury from the Deep! Who-themed face masks! A cool board game I haven’t played! And an amazing custom set of 3D printed figures*! The work you put into this is fantastic and you’re a wonderful person. Many many thanks, BMJ! :dance:

* ... of DEATH! <twang>

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

:same:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

By midnight tonight, this planet will be pulled inside out! Happy new year! :toot:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Davros1 posted:

2021 will be the 25th anniversary of the TV movie.

First of all, how dare you.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

This is moving so slowly.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So the Doctor just sat in prison for 7 thousand years without doing anything about it? :psyduck:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ah, we’re re-doing Remembrance but not nearly as good.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

CommonShore posted:

oh and even though it was a doctor who mad lib I was super pleased to have Jack Harkness back

Jack was an absolute highlight.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rochallor posted:

There's a decent chance that Chibnall did it on purpos. I'm not, to be clear, accusing him of anything--I simply don't know. But he is from TERF Island and in the orbit of people like Gareth Roberts.

Hey now, don’t tar the whole of the UK with that brush. :mad:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I could definitely have done without Force ghost Grace at the end. That was a really weird moment.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

happyhippy posted:

The prison should have been run by a Dalek in a Judoon suit.

You wear a disguise
To look like rhino guys
But you’re not a man
You’re a Kaled Judoon

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’ve noticed one of Chibnall’s things is a quiet conversation scene where two people just talk about Things. They’re often music free, go on for slightly too long, and nothing else happens in that moment. The Doctor and Ryan had one in Revolution about her leaving them for 10 months (and however long it was from her perspective - Jack was in there for 19 years just trying to get to her, and she’d clearly been there muuuuuch longer). But every time they do one, they stop the episode’s flow dead.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

They're filming now, but then again this latest episode was filmed in October 2019.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’m a little miffed that they’re instantly replacing two companions, one of whom was an older white male, with another older white male. Gotta make sure we tick that demographic.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

marktheando posted:

Bring back RTD, I haven't heard about him doing things recently so I assume he's available.

He’s got a show called It’s a Sin about to start in the UK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqd2Jq_w80c

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rumours are coming out that Jodie’s resigned/stepping down as the Doctor. I mean, the current one filming would be her 3rd, and if the pattern stays true...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’d honestly love it to be Jo Martin.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Mooseontheloose posted:

I am the only person in this thread who thinks Rosa is a good episode.

My boyfriend and I were just discussing Rosa the other day. He’s black, so I defer to his opinion. We agreed that the writing felt incredibly brittle, like it was well aware the subject matter was murky waters, especially for Doctor Who, but the writers were absolutely walking on eggshells the entire time in order to not cause any offence. As such, the story itself has zero life. There’s no drama, no stakes, plus the subject matter forces the Doctor into taking a very secondary role so was not to remove agency from the protesters and Rosa Parks.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Vinylshadow posted:

Speaking of gay as hell, the Corsair and Thirteen are adorable together in Old Friends

Anyone else feel like John Bishop has been added to next season to temper the optics of having just 13 and Yaz together?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

If Chibnall had any sense of fun (he clearly doesn't), he'd invite RTD and Moffat back to write eps.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Make Bryan Fuller the new showrunner and cast Gillian Anderson as the Doctor. Sure they'll only make 6 episodes and it'll cost 450 million pounds, but holy gently caress what a season it'll be :swoon:

And Fuller would then depart the series after the first 3 episodes anyway.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I wonder why they’re not getting Billie Piper.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

With potentially only 8 Jodie episodes to go, and covid stopping US-UK air travel, it probably won’t be next season.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Ten was separated from Martha for like 100 years in that badly animated serial nobody wants to acknowledge anymore.

Did I miss where they explain why Earth has once again forgotten the Daleks?

"Do you remember the Zygon gambit with the Loch Ness Monster? Or the Yeti in the underground? No? Your species has an amazing capacity for self deception."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I love that special mini-episode where Amy wakes up in the middle of the night and wanders into the control room, and the Doctor comes barreling through the door in a tuxedo. Amy's,"....Doctor.... do you... do you go and have adventures while we're asleep....?" is so great :allears:

Annoyingly those 'Night and the Doctor' ones seem to have fallen off Youtube.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Vinylshadow posted:

It's a shame they don't do minisodes as often anymore

Give me Thirteen and Yaz sharing a biscuit, or Graham getting the "here's everyone the Doctor's traveled with" treatment like Amy and Clara did

"Gandalf, I am space Gandalf, the little green one from Star Wars."

It's probably never occurred to Chibnall to do them. He really doesn't seem to have any sense of fun.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Please let one be Gaiman’s novelisation of The Doctor’s Wife, as he’s promised for years.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

York_M_Chan posted:

Santa Doctor arrived! I am busting over all this amazing stuff.
A card signed by ALL THE DOCTORS! This must have taken forever to collect!

Thank you so much The_Doctor!!!

Again, you're welcome! I just left the card near the console and eventually everyone strolled by and signed!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I received two fantastic Who-themed facemasks courtesy of Big Mean Jerk from SoFarSewGoodsCo. Thankfully neither of them were this design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I always liked Grace:1999.