Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

What an awful loving year to reiterate the Doctors love of Harry Potter by having her recite a line that sounds practically TERFy in context.

So far none of the problem of the last season have been fixed. All awful stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah that felt really odd. Also I'm trying to remember, that was Grace's TARDIS right? I thought that was just the Doctor's TARDIS from an earlier period in her life, not an entirely different one? Or have I just completely forgotten where she got the spare from?

Edit: Ryan and Graham leaving feels completely off, like it should be the culmination of an entirely different episode.

Its the Tardis she used to drop the fam off last episode. It disguised itself as a semi-detached house. They met in it this episode at the start.

Aside from some nice imagery and effects work at the end that was, overall, absolute rubbish.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Burkion posted:

Question

Did they have the Doctor, the first lady Doctor of the show's run, quote Harry Potter after a years worth of time of JKR going full TERF full time

You're the only other person I've seen mention this and it immediately and totally soured me on the episode.

Which a loving joke.

The choice of quote too, whilst I understand it was the start of the book, felt extra loving grotesque.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

I could definitely have done without Force ghost Grace at the end. That was a really weird moment.

It was ridiculous.

"The suns in my eyes."

A line delivered in a low angle shot with the sun right above both characters. No ambiguity.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

It's probably never occurred to Chibnall to do them. He really doesn't seem to have any sense of fun.

The show doesn't have the clout anymore to command this kind of extra production.

It can't even reliably make a season each year, let alone any specials or behind the scenes shows.