Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The_Doctor posted:

I got a package from Big Mean Jerk, proving his name isn’t true! Fury from the Deep! Who-themed face masks! A cool board game I haven’t played! And an amazing custom set of 3D printed figures*! The work you put into this is fantastic and you’re a wonderful person. Many many thanks, BMJ! :dance:

* ... of DEATH! <twang>

I’m glad that thing finally arrived! I can’t take credit for the masks, those were made by my sister but I think they came out pretty well. Forbidden Desert is one of my favorite board games, it’s got a great shifting difficulty that makes every playthrough unique. If you dig it you should check out the related games Forbidden Island and Forbidden Sky. Island is simpler and quicker, Sky is more complex and difficult.

Happy Christmas, Doc!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Maelstache posted:

Wait, that John Bishop, it can't be can it? Seriously?

Oh my god.

I misread this and momentarily combined John Noble with his character Walter Bishop in my brain and got very confused and excited.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Well poo poo, I guess we’ll have to wait until a multi-Doc/anniversary special to finally see Jodie written by a decent showrunner.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I really don’t have any issue with her characterization, the problem is that the writing has been mostly subpar and dull, and as a result she doesn’t have a real defining moment yet. There’s no Heaven Sent or Beast Below and it sucks, because every Doctor deserves that.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Referring to them by number got a bit complicated after War, too. 9 is 10, 10 is 11, 10 is 12, 11 is 13, 12 is 14, 13 is 15 and possibly also 16+ given Jo’s mystery origin.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Mooseontheloose posted:

I am the only person in this thread who thinks Rosa is a good episode.

I think it’s fine, I’m just a little uncomfortable with the idea of The Doctor having anything to do with influencing or affecting a pivotal moment in US Civil Rights. I also think the song playing over the last few Rosa Parks scenes is a bit cringey and unnecessary. You don’t need a flaccid “inspirational” song playing over something that’s already incredibly important and inspirational because the act speaks for itself. But that’s just my two cents, ymmv.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Rhyno posted:

Chibnall's poo poo show really makes you yearn for the Moff days, bad as they had gotten.

Ehhhh, it’s two halves of the same coin really. Chibnall is a poo poo writer but Moffat was a godawful showrunner. Whitaker would have only gotten a handful of budget-crunched specials so far under Moffat.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I can’t see them immediately going back to some boring white guy, but then again Chibnall is as dull and uncreative as they come, so :shrug:. Of the top of that list, Peake or Harewood would be cool. Can’t see Dormer doing it, she’s too well known now.

I know the ratings and fan polls don’t really back up this claim, but Capaldi proved you could still do an older Doctor and make it work. I’d like to see them cast an older actress, but I fear you’d have an even bigger chud fan backlash than the one you had over Whittaker.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

SiKboy posted:

I hope its all rumor and nonsense, and Jodie stays on as The Doctor. But failing that, how about The Master successfully body swaps, and Sacha Dhawan plays The Doctor and Jodie Whittaker plays The Master.

:hmmyes:

I’m just picturing the Doctor and the Master getting caught in the same explosion, and when the dust clears they both stand up, see each other’s faces, and go “...what? WHAT?“ right before the music swells and credits roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
At least the dvd/blu release just called it “The Movie”. Calling it “The TV Movie” sounds like a demotion, even if it is technically true.

Poor McGann, his only on-screen appearances are a TV movie without a title, a minisode, and a handful of library clips. Put the man in a Multi-Doc special already!