Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Show still not really worth watching, eh? Shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

OldMemes posted:

I didn't think it was half as bad as some people did, and Jodie Whittaker is really good as the Doctor.

appreciate it, but there's plenty I could be doing with my time that gets better reviews than "not as bad as everyone says and has one good actor"

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The guitar was definitely a Capaldi thing, he used to be in a band with Craig Ferguson.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Burkion posted:

Hey anyone remember the episode where adoption is evil and if you put your baby up for adoption you're a lovely person

I don't, which was that?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Cleretic posted:

Honestly what I suspect here is that, since that character is so blatantly a Donald Trump analog and the episode was filmed in 2019, they maybe didn't want to give the character a wish-fulfilment ending in case things went differently to how they ended up going. Imagine if they DID give him a full-bore comeuppance ending, but Trump got re-elected, it would've felt WAY worse.

Better to set up for a third story with him that they can write when they KNOW how Trump plays out in the next few years and what kind of ending they can properly give him. Plus, it means Chris Noth comes back to be an rear end in a top hat idiot again, and that's great.

they could have just not had him in it