Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Vinylshadow posted:

Oh, the round things! I always loved the round things.

What are the round things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

OldMemes posted:

I didn't think it was half as bad as some people did, and Jodie Whittaker is really good as the Doctor.

Agreed.

Not mentioned yet was the discordance of the conversation between Ryan and the Doctor during their inexplicably long travel to Osaka.

Ryan: Man, you left us for 10 months. Cold. So, how was your trip back home anyway?

Doctor: Everyone and thing is dead and destroyed.

Ryan: You know a lot changes in 10 months right? I got me mates right?

:psyduck:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

OldMemes posted:

Did the Doctor even mention the prison to them? I can't remember now.
I wonder if the line about having bad blood between the Doctor and Dalek saucers in the time vortex was meant to be a sneaky Time Lord Victorious nod?

Yeah when she first appeared back she excitedly exclaimed that and it was quickly ignored. Think she got shoved shortly after in fact.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

happyhippy posted:

That is the last two series. And Chibnall's run.
Do something, then ignore it for something else 10 seconds later.
Then briefly mention it again 4 episodes time to trick people into thinking its all tied up.

It really is too bad because I really like this Doctor. But for a farewell to two companions it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. When Sarah Jane gave the Doctor poo poo for abandoning her it was really deserved. This just seemed small and pissy, especially given 1) long time in jail and 2) Galifrey destroyed. Let alone having to rewrite your entire self narrative.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Vinylshadow posted:

The scene with them at the house-TARDIS was the setup, since Ryan was reluctant there too, and it was obvious he'd moved on with his life

Well TBF Yazz was projecting a lot of really unhealthy behaviour that would make me :ohdear: too

e. I really liked that Tardis interior, should have just gone with it