Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Wonderful conclusion, I can see why this game is rated so highly. Thanks for showing it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Maple Leaf posted:

Whenever you find a new item that you want to pick up specifically so you can sell it, you can right-click that item and choose “Add to Wares.” When you meet a trader, pressing one button will offer up every item that you’ve listed as wares automatically, so that we don’t have to scour through your inventory and manually select every piece of vendor trash that you’ve picked up one after the other. Divinity: Original Sin 2 gets a lot of flak for how terribly its inventory system was handled, but this one move was genius. And it’s perfect for you min-maxing packrat players!

:swoon:

I am a simple soul. This makes me very happy.

Maple Leaf posted:

Do we head back below deck to rescue some of our fellow Sourcerers? Or do we take this opportunity to escape on the lifeboat?

Let me know by tomorrow!

Rescue, I guess. They might be useful. We're undead, we're not on as strict a time limit to escape as the others would be. Worst case scenario we can jump overboard, sink, and walk to the nearest coast.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I must insist we keep Sir Lora and Quercus around for the rest of the game.

But don't take the poor nameless confused kitty. I imagine he'll get killed and that would be sad.

As for the Red Prince... keep him for now because lizardman representation is important, but I'm not that concerned about what class because he's frankly a dick and I doubt we'll be able to put up with him permanently. Make him do whatever is most useful paired with our own skillset.

Comedy option: Pyromancy and make him pretend to be a dragon.

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jan 18, 2021

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Do we tell Fara that her child is dead? - Yes

Do we play cards with the three on the wall? - Yes

Do we hear out what Gawin has to say, or do we stick with our crew? - Hear him out

Do we take Ifan? If so, what should his class be (default is Wayfarer)? - No, he scared the kitty :colbert:

Do we take Lohse? If so, what should her class be (default is Enchanter)? - Yes, stick with Enchanter

Do we take Beast? If so, what should his class be (default is Battlemage)? - No, we have physical heavyweights already

Do we take Sebille? If so, what should her class be (default is Rogue)? - Yes, rogue is useful and add a ranged weapon if possible

And, since we have the whole crew, do we take Prince? If so, what should his class be (default is Fighter and the previous vote was for Battlemage, but there's still time to be flexible)? - Yes, stick with Battlemage.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Fane can't play his own ribs like a xylophone?

I've never been more disappointed.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Return it. Odds are good he's going to double-cross us anyway, he seems the type, so we may as well keep our word.

Let her speak, could be interesting.

Swap in Sebille temporarily because more content is always good, but keep Prince in the party afterwards.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Maple Leaf posted:

: Got a nice marble to you, haven’t you? Good. My hounds’ve been looking a little on the lean side.

Buddy, you're talking to a literal skeleton.

Let's go caving.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I prefer the screenshot breakdown myself, anyone who's not as interested in that part can skip over it at their leisure. As long as you're still happy to write this level of detail I say carry on. Likewise the long updates aren't a huge issue for me because you don't have to read them all in one sitting. I treated each of the three posts of the last update as a separate one.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

We should swap the Red Prince back in at some point to play with his new toy, that staff sounds fun.

Also the doggies are precious :3: Argos is a good dog, yes he is. No, we're not killing Birdie - if he comes with us he can eat bad guys if he likes. Or chew on Fane's leg to ease his cravings :v:

And yes, break the soul jar. He didn't lie to us, we shouldn't lie to him.

Finally, always be exploring. There could be loot! Or more animal friends to tag along and probably get killed!

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Wow, both those fights were an utter clusterfuck. Kudos for salvaging them. The miss chances seem really unfair, I think we really need to find some accuracy boosts somewhere ASAP via either skills or equipment.

I say we keep exploring. Once we've been everywhere and looted everything, we should probably take the grate and save the girl, Han can get away by himself.

Slaan posted:

Anyways, let's switch Beast to Prince because of his poor showing and keep exploring

Works for me. Red Prince got that cool staff last time that might be handy.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Gee, a paladin being suicidally useless and naive, what are the odds :v: Good job repeatedly almost killing yourself, Cork.

Our Incarnate's name is Calcifer. No, it won't make sense when he's not a fire type, but Prince has a theme, damnit.

As for escaping, Han can rescue himself and I assume we can walk the long way around to the :ghost: marshes, so really we're picking between saving a kid and getting revenge. I suppose we ought to pick the kid, I guess, so leave with Trice.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Yay kitty! :neckbeard: Let's name him Salem after another famous black talking kitty.

And obviously we o'en the chest. Always be looting.

I don't really have an opinion about what order we do things on the island, I assume we'll get to everything eventually. And our current party seems fine for now.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Maple Leaf posted:

I didn’t anticipate that turn of events, and unfortunately, we’re all robbed of the sight of a kitty cat clawing a man in a full suit of armour to death :(

drat, we should have named him Greebo.

Also jeez your team all clearly need glasses. Their accuracy issues are getting worse.

The nail thing is actually pretty cool, can you do other things like that to modify your gear that way? Or is everything else the more usual stat buffs?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Schwartzcough posted:

Man, the loot from that fight seems like it probably didn't even pay for all the res scrolls and potions you burned. Rough.

And aww, Ifan has a crush on... a skeleton. That's a little weird, guy.

Well, he is basically a dog, of course he likes people made from bones.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Continue exploring, we should see everything there is to see before we decide where to go next.

Don't kill the pigs, there's probably a better reward for saving them.

Our current party setup seems to be doing just fine.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

That fight is bullshit, I'm not surprised Lohse apparently wanted no part of it and hosed off somewhere.

Can't say I'm sad you vetoed Beast either, he's so far been the least interesting of the group.

North seems least likely to lead to immediate plot, we are protagonists and must therefore wander off to loot random places and avoid the story as much as possible.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Maple Leaf posted:

We have a number of locations available for us to visit for the next few updates!

Where do YOU think we should go? Do we go north and search for Gareth? Do we go south into the shiny cave? Or do we go southeast and tackle Braccus’s la’rinth?

Also, now that we know where our companions go when they’re dismissed, do you want to swap anyone out?

And finally, what do you think is the answer to Deidara’s riddle?

Let me know soon!

Gareth first, let's get these collars off. Unless that locks us out of being able to explore the other places, I want to check them both out eventually too.

Current party continues to be fine I think.

The riddle is shadow.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

That first fight was extremely noteworthy because I think it's the first time nobody in the party has missed and whiffed an attack. Good job, guys. You've all learned how to actually hit things.

I will also never get tired of Salem kitty-slapping chumps :allears: It's not about the damage, it's about the principle.

Kill Sang. I don't think we're interested in trying to save a Magister, but nobody should die like that. Also I think it's time for shinies.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Maple Leaf posted:

At this point, I realize that Afrit, Ifan’s wolf, isn’t in the fight.

Afrit is standing at the door to the room, well outside of the fight’s boundaries, and if I try and command him to bite the Decapitator, I’m told that Afrit ‘can’t reach’ his target. Afrit is such a massive wolf that he can’t fit through the door.

That’s actually a huge pain in the butt! I was hoping to use Afrit this fight to show off some of the numbers he could do, and besides that, the more numbers I have, the better my odds. That’s really annoying, that Afrit can’t just, I don’t know, walk in a straight line rather than try and fit through the door sideways or something.

Whatever. I’ll be able to win the fight without him, it’s just, it would have been really nice.

Damnit, who invited Moon Moon?

Anyway, while we side-eye Gratiana a lot, our current party is still doing just fine I think.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Maple Leaf posted:

Afrit goes next… and the dumb wolf got himself stuck on a tiny ridge that’s maybe knee-height. There’s a little ramp that connects to the rest of the cliff – Ifan jumped to where Afrit is, and he took that ramp down to the cliff – but Afrit is too wide for that little ramp.

Honestly, this is pretty bananas. Afrit just can’t catch a break. It’s a human’s world, clearly.

:doh: Afrit really is Moon Moon.

As for the jars, I don't want to act without more information. Can we hold onto them for now and ask Gratiana why she wants them, without handing them over until she answers? If so, do that. If not, eh, I'm abstaining from this one because I really don't know which way I'd go if I were playing.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I see Afrit continues to be the dumbest wolf.

Poor rat.

Tell the cub, it'll figure it out sooner or later anyway and maybe this way we can help it or adopt it or something.

I'm still fine with the current party I think.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

That was a real bitch of a fight. Let's repeat it and fight Sech Zapor.

Looking forward to seeing what Prince's Big Surprise is once he gets those two points.

I think we can forgive everyone going back to the earlygame and whiffing hits constantly. Most of them were diseased, decaying, frozen or some combination thereof, which must be pretty distracting. Salem is a good kitty (and does chump damage when he hits anyway). Afrit has been long established as incredibly dumb. And Fane was probably both traumatised and confused after running into someone insane enough to sexually assault a skeleton.

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Aug 12, 2021

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Keep the jar, might come in handy.

The logical upgrade for an attendant would be a Bodyguard, I think.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

dude789 posted:

I like the team that we've been rolling with the last few updates. Let's go with Ifan, Red Prince, and Lohse

Yeah, there's a reason we haven't been voting to swap anyone around for a bit. We've got a good squad here.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I don't really have an opinion on Fane's looks.

Let's name the slug Butler.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I feel the only possible name for a spider made from human bones is Why?!

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Demira's riddle is a river

I'm abstaining from the vote about Joe because I can't tell how old the kids are.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Definitely stick with his current axe, the RNG utterly loathes you based on every fight we've seen and you don't want to give it even more reason to make you whiff your turns. Even if the new axe does sound better on paper, it won't help if you're not able to hit things with it.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Slaan posted:

Let's have an undead song
Tell her that he's a sadistic torturer
Lohse should get a bold stew. She deserves it after dealing with a demon infestation

agreed with all of this, also deal with Wyvlia ourselves. Dead Magisters are fine but feeding them to people without consent is not.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Maple Leaf posted:

: Well, bugger me with a bull’s horn!

Hey, there's this lizard we could introduce you to...

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

BraveLittleToaster posted:

Go Red, should probably deal with that small Voidwoken attack issue now we've some spare time.

also I'm surprised the dogs don't like our smell. Sure, we reek of rancid fish guts and crispy fried lizard, but that's the sort of smell the average dog would gleefully roll in.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

This was an oddly adorable update.

Demon chicken family reunion and trust the clearly untrustworthy guy. I can't see how either of these choices could possibly go wrong.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I'm a 50/50 person and if left to myself would tell the animals that their master loves them both. Since that's not an option... given the presence of Quercus and Salem, I think the party are probably cat people.

Prince continues to suffer. Might have to start a death counter for him. He was a dick and a slaver when we first met him but you gotta feel for the guy by this point.

I don't remember anything we may or may not have known about the dwarven rebellion, but they're generally bad ideas more often than not. That said, eat the rich. Side with the sister.

And hello new species-confused bird friend. Maybe he can nursemaid Peep. We really do have quite the menagerie available now. Our total party: a skeleton, a lizard, two humans, a cat, a squirrel riding a skeletal cat, a probably-condor, a demonic baby chicken, a spider made from bones, a fire slug and an elemental or two.

Burn the lizard leg, though I'm sure Sebille could nibble a little bit first without affecting anything.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I like how Andras kept wagging his tail while threatening us and at several points during the fight. No matter what his deal was, a dog is a dog.

Also yes, I think Prince definitely needs some new armour. If I wasn't so drat lazy I'd go back and tally up how many times he's keeled over compared to everyone else. You're gonna father some really squishy dragons at this rate, pal.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Tough one, but I say Grey first - let's drop Peeper off with his daddy so you don't have to spend hours trying to keep his stupid feathery arse alive.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

We are now and forever more known as Fane Snuggle-friend. As such, we can't possibly kill Peeper.

We can absolutely sneak in the side door, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Maple Leaf posted:

Okay, well, pardon me for trying to instill some camaraderie into our group :(

We had to murder one of our many adorable animal friends, of course group morale took a bit of a knock.

Some fun fights this time! And it seems the party are becoming marginally less squishy.