Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

haha what posted:

:justpost: friend, im sure tons of people would love to show off their pretty dress-ups :kimchi:

doesnt really seem like the kinda thread that needs a lot of words, just post some of your fav lookin characters and the gamers will come 😌

Yeah, really... Even a more broad "PYF Custom Game Content" would be fantastic. That way, you'd open it up to more than just characters, like Animal Crossing patterns and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

If you're/we're ok with it being a general "custom content" thread, then I have a few examples of my stuff to put in an OP. :shrug:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

midnight lasagna posted:

Turns out I deleted all my Dragon's Dogma screenshots so I have literally nothing to work with, don't have time this morning to trawl my computer for anything I've got saved so I'll leave this up to anybody who has literally 1 or more imags to post : v

Personally I'd be fine with a custom content thread but I'd rather it was "Character Creation & Custom Content", custom content's kind of a broad umbrella and if the title was just that I think it would drown out the original intent a little.

That's actually exactly what I was thinking, too.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Brand new Mario (and other) Kart games thread here.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Finally....the year of the linux desktop

The Steam deck is possibly the biggest shot in the arm Linux gaming will receive for a while.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

You are not, and there is not.

I, too, performed a search action a couple of days ago.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The game is 2 years old at this point, but I just got Super Mega Baseball 3, and am loving the team/player/logo editor so much, is there a "sports video game" thread anywhere?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm just going to go on record and say, without irony or sarcasm or anything that this might be my favourite thread on the forums. I mean, I have an appreciation for FPS games new and old, so that helps, but it's just routinely.... I don't know... great? It's great. The Kins is a great OP, the OP (the post) is incredibly informative, and we're all a bunch of goons who love to virtually shoot things. It's great stuff. I think it's the longest running thread that I've been subscribed to, and I hope it never dies, unlike mecha-hitler.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Sorry if this has been asked, but is there a classic mod thread? I'm specifically looking for a way to fancy up a playstation classic.

The title of this thread mentions only the SNES classic but all 'classic' consoles are discussed. Your question wouldn't seem out of place, but there may be a better thread for it. If so, the goons in that thread would know.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm gonna do the thing where I ask "Why isn't there a thread for <X>?", where X="Shadows of Doubt".

I just started playing yesterday, so I am nowhere near knowledgeable enough to actually start a thread for it. Isn't there a mystery game thread somewhere?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Other than the fairly dead Tetris99 thread (last post Aug 2022), is there a thread for Tetris or games like it?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Other than the fairly dead Tetris99 thread (last post Aug 2022), is there a thread for Tetris or games like it?

Would anyone have any interest in a megathread all about falling block puzzle games? I'm talking not just Tetris, but Columns, Puyo-puyo, Dr Mario, Magical Drop, etc? Maybe even falling-block-adjacent games, like.... I don't know, Intelligent Cube or something.

I'm itching to make one. What are those games even officially known as, other than Tetris-likes?

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Feb 7, 2024

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

External Organs posted:

I would read such a thread. That stuff is neat, it'd be cool to have it collected in one place.

Yeah, but then it'd all disappear and we'd have to start over.

Heran Bago posted:

I've been similarly considering doing a thread on all the Tetrises and Puyos. But I don't know my limits and that scope is already too big.

Want to collaborate?

Perhaps, though I'm not too sure how much help I could be, I'm busy during the day, outside of some time I get to comment here. We could pm back and forth over a grand list of Tetris-likes, shoot me a message, sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

There is now a Falling Block Megathread!

I mentioned it in the OP, but many, many thanks go to Heran Bago for literally all of the Puyo knowledge. The entirety of the second post is theirs. 3rd post to be updated soonish.

I don't know how you'd want to list it there, under the T's or P's, but I guess putting both Tetris and Puyo-Puyo in the link title would help anyone ctrl-f-ing to find it.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Feb 23, 2024