Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Hey we have a general Beat 'Em Up megathread, come post about beat 'em up games.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3962077

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I've made a thread about the PICO-8, a rad fantasy console that people should check out

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3979572

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

A mod - I forget who - tried to rename the Steam thread to the general PC gaming thread, because that's absolutely what it is, but a bunch of the thread occupants lost their goddamned minds about it so here we are.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I made a thread for the Playdate.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4002728

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

sponges posted:

Is there a thread for Arcade cabinets?

There’s an Arcade cabinet thread in Retro Games!

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

S.J. posted:

Am I blind or is there not a generic metroidvania thread?

IMO if you ask "is there x thread" and the answer is no, you must now create the thread.

Looking forward to posting in the generic metroidvania thread, thank you S.J.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm just going to go on record and say, without irony or sarcasm or anything that this might be my favourite thread on the forums. I mean, I have an appreciation for FPS games new and old, so that helps, but it's just routinely.... I don't know... great? It's great. The Kins is a great OP, the OP (the post) is incredibly informative, and we're all a bunch of goons who love to virtually shoot things. It's great stuff. I think it's the longest running thread that I've been subscribed to, and I hope it never dies, unlike mecha-hitler.

It's a drat good thread. :hai:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

death cob for cutie posted:

Do we have a thread for Pico-8 games? Are posters for the topic hanging out in some thread I'll never accidently click on?

Delayed response but I did make a Pico-8 thread ages back here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3979572

It's not seen any activity in a long while but feel free to revive it!

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Communist Zombie posted:

Is there a megathread for train games (other than open TTD)? I couldve sworn i saw one recently but I cant find it again.

There's the Niche Simulator Megathread if you mean train simulator games, otherwise for train management style games there's the Management Megathread

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Jet Jaguar posted:

There is a Pikmin thread but it's got like 3 posts and hasn't been touched in years. Thinking of making a new thread since Pikmin 4 launches this week.

Go for it, I've recently been playing the Pikmin 1 release on Switch which has been my first Pikmin experience so I'll come post there.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

OgNar posted:

Is anyone updating the OP anymore?

I'll get everything updated in the next day or two and try and keep on top of it going forward

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Okay, done a pass and grabbed stuff posted here since the last update as well as a couple of threads from the first few pages of the forums that I'd noticed weren't in here.

Updated Thread Links

Baldur's Gate 3
Dead by Daylight, and Other Asymmetrical Games
Hearthstone

Added Thread Links

Against the Storm
Age of Empires IV
Autobattlers Megathread
Balatro
Cobalt Core
Granblue Fantasy Relink
Gran Turismo 7
Helldivers 2
Lethal Company
Mechabellum
Palworld
Robocop: Rogue City
Star Trek: Infinite
Super Mario Bros Wonder
Techtonica
Tekken 8
Yi Xian: The Cultivation Card Game

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Fat Samurai posted:

The last link leads to this thread. I’m on mobile so I can’t post the correct one, sorry.

No clue how I managed to do that. Whoops! Fixed.

Kheldarn posted:

You can remove the link to the Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia thread. The game has been shut down.

Removed (mostly because it's in Mobile Games and they don't have discovery issues the way the main Games forum does).

Added!

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Made a thread for Islands of Insight, a new online open-world puzzle game launching soon (Feb 14th). There's a demo available for the Steam Next Fest that you can get access to early (now) by signing up through the game's website.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Nostalgamus posted:

The Final Fantasy entry links to an old, locked thread, current hread is here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3983885

Fixed, thanks!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

There is now a Falling Block Megathread!

I mentioned it in the OP, but many, many thanks go to Heran Bago for literally all of the Puyo knowledge. The entirety of the second post is theirs. 3rd post to be updated soonish.

I don't know how you'd want to list it there, under the T's or P's, but I guess putting both Tetris and Puyo-Puyo in the link title would help anyone ctrl-f-ing to find it.

Added under T as my suspicion is that people looking for that sort of thread would start from Tetris and not Puyo but I've made sure Tetris and Puyo-Puyo are in the title.

Commander Keene posted:

There's a thread for upcoming Vanillaware SRPG Unicorn Overlord.

Added!

We do! This was already in the index, as although the game has blown up recently on release that thread actually dates from mid-2023 when the demo dropped. I picked this game up the other day though and it's great so if you're reading this and you like roguelike deckbuilders at all, go play it.

So, this thread is in Retro Games. I know there's a few entries in there from subforums - the Early FPS thread from Retro Games is linked in there for example, because it's a phenomenal resource, a popular subject, and it was originally a Games thread anyway - but my opinion is that I think this index works better being just a repository of Games links because our subforums don't have the discoverability problems the main forum does due to being much slower paced. Open to feedback though if people disagree with this approach because ultimately what this index should be above and beyond all else is useful. :v:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

Made a thread for Nightingale: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4055084. It's got some EA growing pains but it's decent and I think it's getting overlooked because so many good survival games have come out lately.

Added

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

We now have a Dune Spice Wars thread here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4058366

I'll run through and update everything tonight.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Added:
Solium Infernum
Mudrunner Expeditions
The Thaumaturge
Total War Warhammer 3
Dune Spice Wars
Withering Rooms
No Rest For The Wicked

Updated:
Magic The Gathering Arena

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Added:
Captain of Industry
Outpost: Infinity Siege
Rise of the Ronin

Updated:
Sea of Thieves
We had two Outworlder threads so I've removed the outdated one and retitled the entry as the game has undergone a name change:
Farworld Pioneers (formerly Outworlder)

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Added:
Animal Well
Indika

Updated:
Pokemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I added Rise of the Ronin a few weeks back. Missed Stellar Blade though, thanks!

Added:
Stellar Blade