Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Ashurbanipal posted:

could anyone possible point me in the direction of a neverwinter nights thread? not the mmo, but the uhh "Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition." not sure if its just my own misunderstanding, but steam reviews talk about "servers" for what I thought was a single player game. would be cool to check it out with others if it is in fact multiplayer. thanks!

This poster is about to discover some good poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Back when NWN was still “new”, there was a dope looking Arda/Middle-Earth server that I wanted to play on SOOO badly… but I didn’t have the Hordes of the Underdark expansion, which was required. My box of NWN came with the game and the first expansion, and an empty disc holder for you to put HotU when it came out. That loving empty space tormented me for years.

I never did buy HotU, probably because my undiagnosed 13-year old ADHD brain forgot about it eventually

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

christmas boots posted:

Oh man I used to love NWN. Maybe I should pick up the EE and get back into it

I’ve been puttering around on the Arelith server, and my impulses got the better of me when I tried to lockpick a door and the trap killed me.

I was resurrected in a jail cell, and immediately interrogated by some other players, including the local sheriff. I had to come up with a reason why my level two newcomer character was picking a locked door inside a church-type lodgings.

Uhhhhh Woops lol. Now I owe 20k gold within a month. Probably not going back inside that city again 😬

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

victrix posted:

The classic rpg thread is similarly chill and filled with excessively well informed fans

The roguelike thread used to veer into some pretty interesting game design talk that spanned all types of genres (because everything is a roguelike you see), though there's less of that these days (amusingly I think partially because so many of the thoughts that were expressed in those conversations are now literally the face of indie gaming on steam and elsewhere), but it's still a great resource if you like metaprogression rogue* of any stripe, there are likewise excessively knowledgeable wizards there as well

I’m on mobile and can’t search well - anybody feel generous enough to enable my lazy rear end and post links to these threads?

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

I accept your challenge, my good bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Mode 7 posted:

I'll get everything updated in the next day or two and try and keep on top of it going forward

Bless you Mode 7, this forum owes you a debt (among many other ppl)