Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

rotor posted:

finding out Brian Eno was a freak for huge photoshopped asses has probably been the most unexpected part of this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

guess pixar have found their new score writer

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

that's fantastic, good work Brian

If only someone had kept the files we could have had "Brian Eno's enourmous asses sponsored by Adobe"

adobe generative ai (rear end images)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

mediaphage posted:

YOSPOS Tweets v1.5: (enlarging bottoms mostly)

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

that's fantastic, good work Brian

If only someone had kept the files we could have had "Brian Eno's enourmous asses sponsored by Adobe"

like tears in the rain

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Agile Vector posted:

adobe generative ai (rear end images)

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
BBLLM

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

PAAIs

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

You can be heroes, if your rear end is too big

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

[brian eno sees a girl with a moderately large rear end] More Than This

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

rotor posted:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

rotor posted:

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

rotor posted:

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

rotor posted:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

in a well actually posted:

oblique 'shoperies

(idk need to workshop this a bit more)

obbwlique strategies

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lol

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

rotor posted:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
still laughing at eno being such a butt guy that he gets into photoshop in the 90s

look i think its fine to dye your beard, or, in this case, "beard", but maybe be less hilariously obvious about it

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

mediaphage posted:

still laughing at eno being such a butt guy that he gets into photoshop in the 90s

imagining him being furious that the x-men '97 cartoon revival de-caked rogue

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

iron man 2 looking butt-ugly

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Roosevelt posted:

iron man 2 looking butt-ugly
when elon's pasty rear end is involved it's low iron man

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Agile Vector posted:

when elon's pasty rear end is involved it's low iron man

brony stark

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

goddamn so i looked up the original earnings call transcript these articles are based on and it's just completely feral

quote:

Operator

Our final question today comes from Brad Zelnick from Deutsche Bank. Please go ahead.

Brad Zelnick

Thanks very much for taking my question. Larry, my question actually follows on your answer to Kirk's question because I think it's so important. In talking to one of your GSI partners we heard about a global public sector solution that they referred to as government in a box where Oracle in partnership with likes Starlink, the Tony Blair Project, our building solutions on top of OCI including [Absence Check] and even Cerner. So, literally run the entire country's digital operations. So, hoping you can add even a little bit more color about what you're doing here. How big an opportunity it is because it just seems like it's such a powerful example of the entire Oracle Cloud Stack coming together in a very meaningful way?

Larry Ellison

All right. It is really, really - it is very interesting. And we've gone into the National Government and State Government applications in a very, very big way to give you an idea a little glimpse of what we're doing. Yes, because we can't deliver these cloud regions to medium-sized countries.

So, for example, Serbia is standardizing on - or these Oracle Cloud regions for their National Government. We're automating their healthcare and people know that we're in the healthcare business. What they might not know is in cooperation with Starlink we're able to deliver an Internet service to - for the entire country.

The rural part of the country, by the way, we can deliver the Internet and we have delivered the Internet. Let's say Kenya or Rwanda very inexpensively using Starlink and our sovereign cloud regions to backhaul the Internet traffic. So, you can bring every school in Serbia online the Internet connectivity even if they're rural doesn't matter. Every school, every hospital as is true of Rwanda, that's true of Kenya.

We can do it very, very cost-effectively and one of the applications we have for agriculture, we actually do a national map of the country where we can show you each of the farms in the country, what they're growing - this farm is growing coffee, this farm is growing maze, this farm - what's part of the fields are getting enough nitrogen, which part of the fields are getting enough water? What corrective actions you need to take to increase your agricultural output?

We're doing that again in concert with Elon Musk and SpaceX to do this kind of mapping to provide this AI-assisted and then these maps are AI-assisted help them plan their agricultural output and predict their agricultural output, predict markets, the logistics of the agricultural output during all of those things as next-generation national application.

And it is one of the most exciting things we're doing, of course, we do procurement and accounting and human resources and recruiting for the government, we do all of those applications. But in some of the newer applications, regarding food security. Making sure all the schools are online. Rural growth schools are online. That rural hospitals are online. It's automating those rural hospitals. It's automating their vaccination program, their healthcare program across the board. These next-generation applications are very attractive.

I'll tell you one other crazy thing that we do. It's another generative AI application. If you want to join the EU, it took Serbia eight years to harmonize their laws to be able to join the EU. Albania is facing the same thing. But with generative AI, we can read the entire corpus of the Albanian laws and actually harmonize their laws with the EU and probably more like 18-months to two years rather than the eight years it took Serbia. So, there are all sorts of interesting new AI applications out there that people you've probably never heard of before or at least I hadn't heard of before, until this last 12 months. Now that we've worked on and we're now in the process of delivering.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

rotor posted:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

who among us

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

brian eno(rmous asses)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

that's the biggest rear end I've ever seen. but we can go bigger

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

shackleford posted:

goddamn so i looked up the original earnings call transcript these articles are based on and it's just completely feral

i mean, who is this for. who is he talking to

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

like a decade back I got invited to a fancy conference hosted by some embassy on future digital whatever and IBM were there talking about how they were offering free compute to farmers somewhere very poor and dry to replace their traditional system of farming going back centuries with SMART FARMING to maximise yield and efficiency. IBM got data out of it I guess and probably foreign aid money. I asked what these subsistence farmers would do when IBM stopped helping them and they no longer had either their traditional system or the computer planned one and the ambassador looked at me like I'd loudly shat myself and the IBM guys just ignored the question and ended the session

dunno what made me think of that just now

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

if i were a giant amoral tech company collecting huge amounts of granular farming data on an entire country's farming sector and using it to provide shiny but ultimately useless glass dashboards to that country's central planners for free, i would also use that data to frontrun the commodities market derivatives for that country's crops. i mean, i wouldn't, that's a lot of risky financial work for me, a giant amoral tech company, i'd just sell that data feed to goldman sachs or whoever already has a profitable business manipulating commodities markets.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

wasn't this cybersyn or something? They tried it in chile

e: gently caress yes I was right, something still exists in this brain.

powerful All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace energy here as well

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

also lmao at anyone that's used Oracle HR products thinking "yes, this is a good way to do something such as farming", crops will be failing because of a DD/mm conversation issue and it'll only work in English

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

also lmao at anyone that's used Oracle HR products thinking "yes, this is a good way to do something such as farming", crops will be failing because of a DD/mm conversation issue and it'll only work in English

loading your celery has failed due to ssl version mismatch

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Cybersyn

quote:

The implementation schedule was very aggressive, and the system had reached its prototype stage in 1972.[4] The Cybersyn system was used effectively in October 1972, when about 40,000 truck owners took strike action on a national-scale.[8] Because of the network of telex machines in factories across Chile the government of Salvador Allende was able to rely on real-time data and was able to respond to the changing strike situation.[9]

The total costs of the economic simulator amounted to £5,000 at the time of design ($38,000 in 2009 dollars).[10] The telex network enabled communication across regions and the maintenance of distribution of essential goods across the country.[11] According to Gustavo Silva, then the executive secretary of energy in CORFO, the system’s telex machines helped organize the transport of resources into the city with only about 200 trucks driven by strike-breakers, lessening the potential damage caused by the 40,000 striking truck drivers.[4]

The strike actions against the Allende government was funded by the United States as part of an economic warfare. The elected Allende government survived in part due to the Cybersyn system.[citation needed] Eventually the Allende government was brought down by a CIA-supported coup d'état in 1973.[9] Oppressive regimes, including those based in Brazil and South Africa, expressed interest in building up their own Cybersyn system. In the history of computing hardware, Project Cybersyn was a leap and computation has since been developed within an economic and political context, so that computation was no longer put exclusively to work by the military or scientific institutions.[12][page needed]

ok now we see elon's primary interest here: strike breaking

also lol at this defeating a CIA op but not lol at them just coming back and couping anyway

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Cybersyn

ok now we see elon's primary interest here: strike breaking

also lol at this defeating a CIA op but not lol at them just coming back and couping anyway

https://bsky.app/profile/gropeforluna.bsky.social/post/3knmmd4badk2q

in a well actually fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 14, 2024

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
the cybersyn control room had powerful yospos energy

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

wait, i didn't follow, has bdid sold out to elon and is now a billionaire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

wait, i didn't follow, has bdid sold out to elon and is now a billionaire?

yes its crazy