Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

lol @ thread

https://twitter.com/wildthrow/status/1404863791645478918

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

timbits are popular because you can get more than a large meeting of people will eat for like 12 bucks. the coffee is popular because lots of small towns don't have any other coffee places, but I don't think they eat the timbuts

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Crazy Achmed posted:

i never went to the ddr museum but did cycle out to the stasi museum, which operates from the old hq building. the banality of it all is absolutely terrifying, in that it hammers home how they managed to turn loving up countless of their fellow east germans’ lives into a boring routine job.

the best one is the Hohenschönhausen museum, which was a prison operated by the nazis, then the Soviets, then the DDR. in the DDR era it was used for political prisoners, and the German-language tour guides are all former prisoners (or at least were a couple of years ago). it's definitely less of a "banality of evil" exhibit than the bureaucrats' offices but I found it really fascinating.

the best, most overlooked historical museum in berlin is the flak tower, this massive fortress that Hitler had built to shoot down planes, which was half-demolished after the war but which you can still go on a spelunking tour through. that's a pretty different experience, though.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

id post this on the work slack but I'd probably be fired

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

quake owns. especially the first one

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

rotor posted:

so i played a LOT of quakeworld teamfortress and at one point flew to NY for a lan party. There were about 30 of us and we'd all been playing together for 2-3 years and someone brought something that no one else had ever seen: an actual legit installation CD for Quake that he'd purchased with real money.

lol hell yeah

me and my friends got called in for a scolding session with the school district network admin because we'd managed to install the shareware version on the school network and had been playing it at lunch

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Writing a computer program is very much like making love to a beautiful woman.

they're very upfront that you're doing it wrong, and it takes years of research to understand how

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

https://twitter.com/KikiRosecrans/status/1436207856454352897?s=20

:eyepop:

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

sick

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

https://twitter.com/soggymira/status/1442193168842252289?s=20

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

big minor league baseball guy here. the stadium atmosphere is so much more fun than an nhl game where all the tickets are held by financial district dickheads who don't show up until midway through the second period

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

this is the stuff

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

this thing is hosed

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I liked how dune was a real movie with sets and props and human actors. that's refreshing at this point

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

yeah but what if this conspiracy was organized by the riddler? then it's an essential assumption

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

this Jolene lady sounds like a harsh babe

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I want to see matt christman's proposed modern film reboot of ALF, where it's as gritty as possible, starting out with a stationary camera watching ALF eat a cat from start to finish in a single unbroken take

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

a friend is an industrial electrician and he loves putting poo poo like that together. much less chance of having to redo it in that field, though.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i am so happy that i got to witneess this in the brief moment it was online

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

we are haunted by the ghosts of better futures that never happened

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

sweet

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

uk uses the giant plugs from half-life 2

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i think i would like to be more like this guy

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

if this guy thinks crypto people are smart then i guess im not like him at all

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

yospos tweets: jizz me on smackdog

i dont like this cockney dirty talk

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

wario certainly has the physique of a libertarian

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

lol brutal

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

lol there were a few that I've never seen in here

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

vine was clearly better than tiktok. the time limit was way better for comedy, and even if something sucks it's over before it really has time to register

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i'm asking all of you to send me a dick pick!

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

hot

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i laughed so hard at this that my fiance came in from the other room to see what was wrong

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

:owned:

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

frankly all the best tweets get posted here. no need for an account

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

MrQueasy posted:

Barry Lyndon

dingleberry lyndon

Truman Peyote