Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Feels like I barely watched anything this year.

1. Eizouken
2. Ascendance of a Bookworm Part 2
3. Chihayafuru 3
4. Hanyou no Yashahime
5. Violet Evergarden Movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Why wasn't my vote counted? What kind of scam is this????

I mean seriously, double check the tally. :P

Fangz fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jan 13, 2021

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Strange Quark posted:

1. The votes weren't counted by hand, read the OP.

2. Noticed the duplicate response I deleted from Cantaloupe was left in the spreadsheet, so I've only fixed that now.

Oh. gently caress.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Coxswain Balls posted:

All I care about are the plots someone made each year that let you see who else has similar tastes to me so I know whose recommendations to pay attention to more than others.

Ugh, I'd do it but the data is in a horrible new format unlike the previous years. All the choices for each person is in one long text field that is comma separated, *except* that some animes also have commas in their names. Further, ranking is optional so you can't use that to get at people's choices either. Also the titles are given in a super long format which is impossible to fit into a plot and look nice.

It's a giant pain in the rear end, if someone wants to post a cleaned up dataset then I'll take a look at it.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Alright, thanks you two.

I had to tweak the method a bit because this year, it seemed like everyone's favourite shows were dominated by a relatively small number of them. Oh well, this is hardly scientific.

Here we go...

As usual, people close to you have similar taste, more or less. If you align with the arrows relating to certain shows, maybe you'll like those too. If the arrows for certain shows go in the same direction, then it seems that people who like one show like the other show too. With the opposite if the arrows go in the opposite direction...

Huge version with smaller text:

https://i.imgur.com/Q4vQ4gr.png