Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

the year of mostly adaptations and sequels

5 Akudama Drive - All style, very little substance, but that's alright since what you're here to see is the style anyways. The only non-adaptation or sequel on my list.
4. Iruma - Iruma, the goodest boy. A pretty standard fish out of water comedy if I'm being honest, but done incredibly well. A season 2 got announced so look forward to maybe seeing season 2 on my aoty list next year???
3. Chihayafuru 3 - Chihayafuru is a series that I personally love. I can't really say that this season is much more than a middle part of the series, but just seeing the characters again after so many years was such a treat
2. Kaguya-Sama season 2 - Kaguya-sama really follows the "let characters be themselves" principle to a tee, and its really strong because of it. Constantly had me laughing, which means it goes on my aoty list.
1. Haikyuu: To the top - Look at how far our volleyboy Hinata has come... The animation quality is maybe weaker than previous seasons but the content is still gold

Honorable Mentions
Eizouken - didn't actually finish watching this so I can't put it in my top 5, maybe it would knocked out some of these
BOFURI - of the many many isekai shows this year, this is the one that I found funny more often than not, but its still not quite good enough to be called a top 5 for me
GeGeGe no KItaro, I always try to shoutout something that people have missed as well, while I also didn't get close to finishing this, the new Kitaro pretty consistently had some fun episodes with thin metaphors to real life issues which I found enjoyable.

Argona fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Dec 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU