Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
1. Keep Your Hands of Eizouken - When I first saw this, I predicted this would probably remain my number one for the year and it did, a beautiful love letter to crativity and animation

2. Kaguya Season 2 - The second season of one of my favourite mangas, one where the team clearly love the material, and left their own stamp on the material ith a distinct flair.

3. Akudama Drive - So stylish, so cool, there weren't any big twists or complex plots, just a very well executed (pun intended) heist anime.

4. Chihayafuru Season 3 - I'd been waiting so long for more Chiyahafuru

5. Re:Zero Season 2 - Always been a sucker for time travel and suffering and Re:Zero continues to deliver

Honourable Mention: Babylon, technically counts here as it was delayed, the plot is batshit and terrible, it's attempts at philosophy incoherent, and the characters appalling and ridiculous, but I admire the work the studio put in to attempt to salvage the source material, I loved the direction/animation they used to make the villian come across as incredibly threatening while maintaining the appearance of being completely mundane, if nothing else the interrogation scene in season 2 is worth a watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU