Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
AOTY in alphabetical order based on whatever title variant I ended up using:
Deca-Dence: Interesting original with perhaps some pacing issues. Generally enjoyed the sort of reverse Matrix.
Haikyuu!! To the Top: Enjoyable sports anime.
Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season: This is mostly bias from following the source material. Season suffered from pacing issues in which they crammed twice the content into a season compared to the first season and cut a lot of things that might end up being problematic for the third season
Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai: :3:
Majo no Tabitabi: This is more a reflection of me not watching too much this year. This is almost entirely propped up by good voicing and visual character design, but still barely made it due to some questionable adaptation decisions.

Honorable mentions:
Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: I treated this mostly as satire even though there is a decent chance that it actually isn't.
The God of High School: Interesting production ideas with good fight scenes, though the underlying story material wasn't too interesting.

Thing that would have made it if it wasn't ongoing:
Jujutsu Kaisen: I may have just lost it it when the MC went on about how he wanted to be able to do various things from other shonen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Malsangoroth posted:

Eh!? That doesn't seem quite right, since it was my #1. Did I screw up ranking in the poll?

Looking through the spreadsheet your entry has no ranked choice stuff entered. I forgot that it's formatted as column for every single series not column per place.

kirtar fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 12, 2021